It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mic + headphones to usb adaptors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So I was given a new headset for Christmas. In my excitement I ripped it open went to plug it in, assuming it was USB because I had specifically asked for USB not the 2 separate plugs.

So I run down the hall, cord dragging behind, only to find out that when I get to my PC it is the 2 plugs... not USB.

My 5.1 speakers take up all the ports on the back for headphones and microphones, and I only have a headphones socket in the front, so thats why I requested USB, to save having to get behind my PC table every time I wanted to switch over.

Is there such thing as an adaptor that would take these 2 plugs and output them as a USB plug?

A local computer guy I talked to this morning thinks not, and says the best thing would be to get an external soundcard and put it on the desk for easy access... problem is, they are like $100+, and simply to buy a new USB headset would be half that price.

I don't want these headphones to go to waste, so I'm hoping there is a cheaper alternative to having to buy a complete new set with the USB plug.

Help??!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'm probably not the best one to reply to this as I'm a gadget freak anyway BUT...

POD Studio™ GX
line6.com...

This was the first thing that sprung to mind.
I'm guessing your connections are mini-leads. 3.5mm? Stereo Headphones and mono mic input.
you'd need a $1 connector on your mic lead input.

There'll be cheaper around of course but my way of thinking is.

Since you have to buy one if you want to keep your mic and phones..
Get a totally stonking one with a load of extras to take away the bitter taste of having to part with cash.
$100.

You can plug in a guitar n get pro recording sounds,or get pre-amps for your mic too.
Karaoke anyone.?

Or $20 for the standard option,which is more like what you're after.7'1 connector

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Thanks so much.

The first one is epically awesome, considering I am a guitarist too... but out of the price range at the moment. Bookmarked the link though for the future.

The second one is exactly what I was looking for. The same kind of thing the guy was trying to scam off to me today for $125AUD.

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

No probs

I guessed that's what the situation was.
I have a 'local computer store' too same deal.

If there's one thing I hate it's scam merchants.
I got sold all kinds of stinky stuff in the 'early' pc recording studio days

O nostalgia.. back in ole '98 lol.

Luv the LINE6 stuff coz it's cheap and gets all the classic 'valve' sound without a room full of amps/speakers.

Roadies will love you too when they don't have to carry Leslie cabs and Marshall stacks on n off planes.

new topics

top topics

join