It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something under my Skin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

Do you qualify for a free clinic in your area to have this looked at? Your local hospital should be able to refer you if you need help. Its best to let a doctor with a lab check it out. And if it is something metal, tell the doctor you want to keep it...and at the very least see it if its not metal.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
It sounds like you have some Lipomas, which are nothing more then fatty benign Tumors which appear close to the skin and can be slightly moved around. You certainly should not try and cut or dig them out, and if you keep playing with them they can start to cause pain once they push on a nerve. Mostly they are a hereditary thing, though some think that caffeine can cause them, and you will get more over time. Its generally a good idea to have a doctor monitor them just to double check that they are in fact benign, but they will not remove them unless they cause you pain. The reason why you should not remove them, and why doctors avoid removing them, is because once you have one removed you stand a higher chance of developing a malignant one in the void left by the extracted one.

I especially hope that the person who told you to “cut it out” reads this post and realizes that his over exuberance for the whole “alien” thing could have caused another poster potential health risks.

Thank you, I will definitely look into that! Lipomas...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Do you qualify for a free clinic in your area to have this looked at? Your local hospital should be able to refer you if you need help. Its best to let a doctor with a lab check it out. And if it is something metal, tell the doctor you want to keep it...and at the very least see it if its not metal.

That's a good idea... I'm going to do something that will involve a doctor for sure.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I especially hope that the person who told you to “cut it out” reads this post and realizes that his over exuberance for the whole “alien” thing could have caused another poster potential health risks.

Sorry Doctor Internet Genius, I didnt realize your diagnosis of "Lipomas" was medical fact.....where did you do your residency at, John Hopkins? or was it Sloan Kittering, and where did you get your Doctorate from, Harvard? or was it MIT?

and for the record I was being the exact opposite of exuberant. I was trying to show the error of that line of thinking, I hope people don't really think they have alien implants in their body every time they see a lump or mass..... get real....

and isn't it a bit ironic you would be talking about potentially causing readers harm by administering medical opinions over the web..... I didn't seriously suggest he do that, it was more joking than anything, but your post seemed pretty matter of fact.....

wouldn't it just be HILARIOUS, if someone took what you said as medical fact and didn't seek medical help thinking you were right, and it ended up being something much more serious......

OBVIOUSLY there are certain risks involved in performing any kind of backyard amateur unprofessional surgery on yourself, I hope my suggestions wouldn't persuade anyone to take unnecessary risks with their health, but it seemed the poster was already considering it to some degree, and was apprehensive about going to a doctor. I merely gave my opinion on the situation, he was reluctant to seek medical help, and thought these things were extraterrestrial in origin. Admit it, the poster thinks they have something to do with his encounters, thats why he posted here.....

and to the OP what I don't understand is what it was about an anonymous stranger posting a response on a conspiracy website that finally convinced you to go to a doctor, nothing was said here that you couldn't find after 5 minutes of searching google.....and I sure as HELL wouldn't base ANY decisions about my health on responses from people on this site, or any website on the Internet.

so if you do decide to get serious and do something interesting like attempt a DIY biopsy or surgical removal, please post pictures of it, otherwise I honestly truly am glad you have decided to seek an actual Dr.'s opinion, who went to an actual medical school, and has actual degrees in medicine, instead of taking anybodies word for it on an ATS thread.....but i still don't get what it was about the responses that convinced you to seek professional help.....in the future I wouldn't take anyones advice from any conspiracy websites......and thats my professional opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I have a suggestion for you, that WILL help. You'll get the answers you need and will be assisted by professionals that are more than qualified to assist.

Here... check out this website, and then contact Derrel Sims.

He's an investigator that's former US Army, CIA, was a Law Enforcement Officer, and is now a private investigator.

He's worked with literally thousands of abductees and contactees.

He's supervised SEVERAL surgeries to investigate and, in many cases, remove items such as that you've described.

Sims is the REAL DEAL.

He discovered fluorescence in abduction cases (it is left behind as physical evidence and can be detected using blacklights). He's VERY well known throughout the fields of ufology and abduction.

Go to his website.

I know they're upgrading their site soon - not sure when - but believe you should be able to navigate successfully at this time.

The Alienhunter's website

After you've had a chance to read up on the AH, I recommend contacting him immediately via email or phone. He responds to ALL his emails and phone calls.

If you have any further questions you can contact me as well... I'll help however I can, but Derrel and Saber Enterprises are the real pros in that realm...

Regards,

DeceptionRebel

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokecrops

and to the OP what I don't understand is what it was about an anonymous stranger posting a response on a conspiracy website that finally convinced you to go to a doctor, nothing was said here that you couldn't find after 5 minutes of searching google.....and I sure as HELL wouldn't base ANY decisions about my health on responses from people on this site, or any website on the Internet.

so if you do decide to get serious and do something interesting like attempt a DIY biopsy or surgical removal, please post pictures of it, otherwise I honestly truly am glad you have decided to seek an actual Dr.'s opinion, who went to an actual medical school, and has actual degrees in medicine, instead of taking anybodies word for it on an ATS thread.....but i still don't get what it was about the responses that convinced you to seek professional help.....in the future I wouldn't take anyones advice from any conspiracy websites......and thats my professional opinion.

So you understand... I was looking for opinions, maybe even find someone with the same experience and/or similar situation
I posted it on here because I was wondering if it may have something to do with my experiences or if it is just my imagination
I also posted it on here because I do think this site has some amazing qualities and a potential to do some brilliant things with many peoples ideas collaborating
Your response was and still is a bit negative right from the first reply
You are the one who put words in my mouth about me thinking I'm being watched and government/alien conspiracy... I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, cept myself
I know what I've seen, felt and experienced... That's the only proof I need
Nobody has convinced me of anything, I merely stated that I agreed that I think it better to see a physician.
I've been considering getting them looked at for quite a long time and sure I've considered cutting them out myself but I'm not gonna start hacking myself up or anything
You just seem to be itching for an argument... I haven't the time sorry
I have appreciated all who have responded, regardless of negativity

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Numb2itall]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Sorry Doctor Internet Genius, I didnt realize your diagnosis of "Lipomas" was medical fact.....

I believe that if you read my post I never said it was a diagnosis, but it fits the description. If you actually read closely, you will see that I suggest he goes and have a doctor evaluate it. Even though I am not a doctor, I do work in the medical field, and Lipomas run in my family, so I have some experience dealing with them.

and for the record I was being the exact opposite of exuberant. I was trying to show the error of that line of thinking, I hope people don't really think they have alien implants in their body every time they see a lump or mass..... get real....

For the record yours was not the post I was referring to. It was the second post in the thread that I found to be rather offensive.

and isn't it a bit ironic you would be talking about potentially causing readers harm by administering medical opinions over the web..... I didn't seriously suggest he do that, it was more joking than anything, but your post seemed pretty matter of fact.....

I present facts, normally backed up with source information, and always suggest people seek proper medical treatment. The number of people I see on ATS describing symptoms of known medical issues, and getting poor advice, by those wishing to prove some paranormal connection, tires me. I have seen spider bites described as “scoops”, a wide verity of sleep disorders explained as “ghosts” or “alien encounters”, and possible seizure activity as various supernatural events, just to name a few.

So I wrote that a very specific way to explain that it was a “mass”, you shouldn't really mess with it, and you should have a doctor check it out as with any “mass”. However as the “mass” moves, it most likely fits the definition of a Lipoma, which tend to be benign, and I wanted to point that out so as not to cause unnecessary fear. If it did not come across as such, then I apologize for my poor writing skills.

wouldn't it just be HILARIOUS, if someone took what you said as medical fact and didn't seek medical help thinking you were right, and it ended up being something much more serious......

I believe I suggested that they do have a doctor monitor them:

Its generally a good idea to have a doctor monitor them just to double check that they are in fact benign,

However as the OP has had them for “Sometime”, and they are not immediately causing any problem, I see no reason to make it sound as though he needs to run right out and see a doctor about them this minute. More like he should have a doctor check them the next time he goes in.

OBVIOUSLY there are certain risks involved in performing any kind of backyard amateur unprofessional surgery on yourself, I hope my suggestions wouldn't persuade anyone to take unnecessary risks with their health, but it seemed the poster was already considering it to some degree, and was apprehensive about going to a doctor.

The problem is that when you are dealing with a mass, and you expose it to air, it can generate further problems. Additionally, if you removed part and left some of it behind, that can also make things worse.

merely gave my opinion on the situation, he was reluctant to seek medical help, and thought these things were extraterrestrial in origin. Admit it, the poster thinks they have something to do with his encounters, thats why he posted here.....

I don't deny that, and also would like to again point out that your post was not the one that remark was really targeted at.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you get them out and they're not tumors go to stopabductions.com to see a way to stop what is possibly abductions.

Your descriptions are very similar to others.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lawlord
If you get them out and they're not tumors go to stopabductions.com to see a way to stop what is possibly abductions.

Your descriptions are very similar to others.

Thank you! I will definitely check that out! That is really what I was looking for some kind of resource that deals with this issue or to even find out if such a thing even existed!
Now it's time and resources that are my biggest issue... The things under my skin don't bother me, meaning they are not painful and from my current perspective they do not hinder me in any way and from what I'm reading it may be best to just leave them be...
The most fascinating thing so far has been the slight pull from the magnet
That is what got me going in the first place

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I have one directly under my skin on my left wrist. it appeared just before i noticed a flying object that i couldnt identify while i was driving through georgetown,, ky about a year ago. it was about the size of a small car and hovering about 700 ft. in the air. i dont care what anybody says something is really strangge happening here. my email is [email protected]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join