It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History to be rewritten? Temple found dating back 9000 B.C.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

Howdy Cancerian

The story in general as told in practically every culture worldwide, I do believe is true, yes. And about Noah's ark-did you ever hear about Judi Dagh? And yes I think Eden was real too, and I think that David Rohl is correct in the location of it also.

Hans: Ah no its not, the biblical flood is one caused by what? Most other myths give the reason as river and coastal floods...and the people of that culture survived that flood.

So if I understand you you think there was a world wide flood that killed everyone (had to drown all those sinful 3 year olds) except those in Noah's family and you think the dude you've quoted is right in dating that flood to 3113 BC? is this correct?

It's not just in the bible, did you actually read what the Mayans' ages or worlds actually were(or said to have been).

Hans: I've worked in Mexico as a Mayanist, yes I'm familar with it. That world, the third one was immersed in the THIRD flood...I guess god failed to mention that he wiped out all those sinful 3 year old trice. LOL

The third world supposedly ended with a flood. hmmm? And you are making assumptions when you say I believe the bible to be accurate in all parts and when you say everyone would have died.

Hans ....but then if the bible is correct they would have all died.........so who recorded it? So who did and how did the people who we know as the Mayan's get from Mt Ararat back to Mayaland, pick up the same culture and create all those people again?

Ah you pointed to a site that talks about the regional flood. That flood is dated by that site at c 2750 BC.......so your two sources are only 350+ years off. That to me would seem contradictory.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I think perhaps people are confused on the flood and what it is exactly.

First, the Arks building material.

There is a grave mistranslation that is known about by scholars, but not dealt with. That is the word "Gopher". See Below from Wikipedia

Question over identity
Gen 6:14 states that Noah built the Ark of גפר (gofer, more commonly gopher) wood, a word not otherwise known in the Bible or in Hebrew.

The Jewish Encyclopedia believes it was most likely a translation of the Babylonian "gushure i÷ erini" (cedar-beams), or the Assyrian "giparu" (reed).[1] The Greek Septuagint (3rd–1st centuries BC) translated it as xylon tetragonon, "squared timber".[2] Similarly, the Latin Vulgate (5th century AD) rendered it as lignis levigatis, "smoothed (possibly planed) wood".

Older English translations, including the King James Version (17th century), simply leave it untranslated. Many modern translations tend to favour cypress (although the word for "cypress" in Biblical Hebrew is brosh), following Adam Clarke, a Methodist theologian famous for his commentary on the Bible: Clarke cited the resemblance between Greek word for cypress, kuparisson and the Hebrew word gophar, although Greek and Hebrew are not related languages and the linguistic resemblance is superficial. Other suggestions include pine, cedar, fir, ebony, wicker, juniper, acacia, boxwood, slimed bulrushes and resinous wood, and even American trees such as Cladrastis kentuckea, or American yellowwood, although this type of gopherwood has no known relation to the material of Noah's Ark.

Others, noting the physical similarity between the Hebrew letters g and k, suggest that the word may actually be kopher, the Hebrew word meaning "pitch"; thus kopher wood would be pitched wood. Recent suggestions have included a lamination process (to strengthen the Ark), or a now-lost type of tree, but there is no consensus.[3]

While the above leaves no consensus as to what the material was, it does offer an important clue. It is stated above, that the physical similarity between g and k could actually make the word kopher (rpk) which has many meanings, but in a sense of all it means "to pitch, to cover over, to atone" with bitumen or Asphalt. Noah was to cover the inside and the outside of the Ark in bitumen.

Bituminous rocks are sedimentary rocks, usually shale, sandstone, limestone or dolostone/dolomite, that contain traces of tar, bitumen, asphalt, petroleum or carbon. For example anthraconite is a bituminous form of limestone, calcite or marble. Also can be known as "carbonaceous rocks". See sedimentary organic matter.

Limestone...cover the inside and the outside of the ARC in Limestone, not Gopher wood, never has been gopher wood, it wasn't even in the original King James. It was left untranslated.

Understand that "wood" was never part of it. That was added later to complement "cypress" because that was the only thing "Cypress" could be is wood, so the translation from the original was changed from Kopher to Gopher Wood. This is not a small mistake as it changes the whole story of Noah and especially that of the Ark.

Now the word for Ark itself.
Ark is derived from Tebah (hbt) and means: A box. It is the same word used to describe the basket that moses was placed in.

The problem with Tebah (hbt).
Keep in mind that Moses, who supposedly penned the first 5 books of the bible, was raised Egyptian and schooled Egyptian. When reading "his" works, he is speaking as an Egyptian from an Egyptian background. He was in his 40's when he fled. He WAS Egyptian as far as he knew. That being said, lets review the word ARK.

An Egyptian word?
It has been suggested that tebah is a foreign word, or at least of foreign derivation. One alleged link is to the Egyptian word dbt (coffin). (5) Perhaps Jochebed could be portrayed in a melancholy scene as she prepares a coffin for her baby, but the posting of Miriam to keep watch over her brother suggests otherwise. Of course, if tebah actually means "coffin", then this would take on a whole new meaning for the Biblical skeptic - "Noah's Coffin".

Alternatively, since the Egyptians were consumed with the afterlife, perhaps a coffin did not mean "death" so much as "entry into the afterlife". Noah's Ark was effectively a doorway from one world to another. Had the original name for the ark been tebah (tbh), it is quite logical that the Egyptians should use the same term for their own (misguided) form of transport into the netherworld - the coffin.

This poses an interesting scenario. Assume for a moment that prior to the Babel incident everyone used the same word for king Noah's boat - tbh. The dispersion occurs and Egyptian settlement is established. In their focus on the afterlife the Egyptians begin to equate a coffin with the legendary ark, borrowing the old pre-Babel term tbh. By the time Moses is on the scene his mother's basket also fits the description tebah, the word Moses also selected for the original ark. The "box" connotation is not strongly supported because Moses employs a completely different word for the Ark of the Covenant. (arown), and for the coffin of Gen 50:26. This word is still in use when the second book of Kings is authored (2 Kings 12:9), where it simply means "chest".

Taking this a step further, perhaps tbh implies the "preservation of life." This appears to be the motive behind Egyptian mummification, permanence of rock tombs and the extraordinary efforts to make a granite sarcophagus. Noah's Ark might then be called Noah's Lifeboat.

Assuming tbh to mean "life saver" and taking it as the original word for Noah's Ark, we might trace it right through to Moses.

With God, the only important thing is that "The LIVING GOD" remember you, otherwise you are forgotten. Most of us will not be remembered after our deaths, only those with family alive to remember them will be "Remembered" and the "Stars" of God...Movie Stars, Singing Stars, Political Stars, Athlete stars. These make a Name for themselves before the Living God, being all mankind alive who God is OF.

That being said, He remembered Noah. Noah means "Rest". God remembered rest. It says, "The end of ALL FLESH has come before me". All means All. The only thing to be remembered by "the living God" was the ARk of Rest.

Ask yourself, what is the only thing from the ancient world that we still find today, but have no idea how they got there? The Pyramids have us baffled, but not God...He remembers the Ark of Rest.

Another gross mistranslation is in the dimension of the Ark's plural, not one. it says, "and this which you shall make>her Three OF Hundreds cubit length-of the ark fifty cubit width-of-her and thirty cubit rise-of-her clarifying you-shall-make- for the ark and-to cubit you shall finish her from to upward and opening-of the-ark in side-of her you-shall-place nether-ones second-ones and third-ones you shall make.

It specifies three of Hundreds or 3 each of a hundred in length, by 50 in breadth, by 30 in "Rise" and finished to A (as in singular) cubit above. Put in the ark, Lower, second and third stories with windows and a door in the side.

Again, here are the instructions in coherent English for the Ark. I've changed the mistranslated words.

Continued...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Gen 6:14 Make an ark of [color=#990000]Limestone for yourself. You shall make rooms in the ark; and you shall cover it with asphalt inside and out.
Gen 6:15 And you shall make it this way: The length of the ark shall be [color=#990000]three of a hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits.
Gen 6:16 You shall make a window in the ark, and you shall finish it above to a cubit. And you shall set the door of the ark in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third stories.

A picture of Khafres Pyramid built to the specks God gave Noack.

You will note, Orions bow is set in the heavens for rememberence, not a Rainbow, but Orion's bow set with a shaft from the kings chamber to remember by.

Anyway, I wish you all good luck on your search for the Ark. If I am wrong, cool, but I know I'm not, I remember.

Peace

[edit on 3-1-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well you get points for being inventive, but

The flood continued forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bore up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. 18 The waters prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark floated on the face of the waters. 19 And the waters prevailed so mightily upon the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered; 20 the waters prevailed above the mountains, covering them fifteen cubits deep. 21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, birds, cattle, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm upon the earth, and every man; 22 everything on the dry land in whose nostrils was the breath of life died. 23 He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the ground, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the air; they were blotted out from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those that were with him in the ark. 24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth a hundred and fifty days.

At the end of a hundred and fifty days the waters had abated; 4 and in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark came to rest upon the mountains of Ar'arat. 5

So how did Noah get all those animals into the pyramid?

How did Noah build the pyramid in that period of time with just his family?

The Pyramid isn't water proof - so what happened when the rain fell? Nor oddly enough does it float!

How did the pyramid end up at Gizah - if it, LOL, floated over to Mr Ararat?

Firstly, your stuff is very inventive but it faces a few scientific impossibilities. One no flood, two the Egyptians were there at that time and built the Pyramid after developing the technology to do so. Three you cannot get all that stuff into a pyramid.

Amusing

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Hans: Ah no its not, the biblical flood is one caused by what? Most other myths give the reason as river and coastal floods...and the people of that culture survived that flood.

Most other cultures describe floods that destroyed many people save for just a few who usually survived by building a boat or in some stories "going to the mountains".
toarchive.org...

So if I understand you you think there was a world wide flood that killed everyone (had to drown all those sinful 3 year olds) except those in Noah's family and you think the dude you've quoted is right in dating that flood to 3113 BC? is this correct?

I believe just what is right in front of us...cultures worldwide recorded floods that destroyed lots of people. And I don't know about the exact date, but if this guy is right about everything else then perhaps he knows what he is talking about? Perhaps not?

Hans: I've worked in Mexico as a Mayanist, yes I'm familar with it. That world, the third one was immersed in the THIRD flood...I guess god failed to mention that he wiped out all those sinful 3 year old trice. LOL
perhaps I failed to mention that you are making assumptions when you say I believe the entirety of the bible to be true.

Ah you pointed to a site that talks about the regional flood. That flood is dated by that site at c 2750 BC.......so your two sources are only 350+ years off. That to me would seem contradictory.

Well, like I said I'm not positive about the dating and I don't pretend to know everything about it, just what is right in front of our faces.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Howdy C

Most other cultures describe floods that destroyed many people save for just a few who usually survived by building a boat or in some stories "going to the mountains".

Some do, some don't and the scientific data, geology etc shows there was no world flood ala the bible. That little point is a bit hard to gloss over.

I believe just what is right in front of us...cultures worldwide recorded floods that destroyed lots of people.

Hans: Again science says these people are wrong, there was no global flood, numerous regional and local floods, yes. No global.

I believe just what is right in front of us...cultures worldwide recorded floods that destroyed lots of people. And I don't know about the exact date, but if this guy is right about everything else then perhaps he knows what he is talking about? Perhaps not?

Hans: You sure about that? Its easy to deal with the thousands of bible based ideas, you just look for the foundation of their ideas, when they base them on impossibilities, then they are easy to reject. Could a non-god created area which later was called Eden exist? Yes. Do I think this guy got it right, No. I would suggest you take a look at the biblical description of the four rivers.

perhaps I failed to mention that you are making assumptions when you say I believe the entirety of the bible to be true.

Hans: So a pick and chooser, okay so what bits do you believe and which bits are nonsense?

Well, like I said I'm not positive about the dating and I don't pretend to know everything about it, just what is right in front of our faces.

Hans: May I suggest you put "right in front of your face" a basic book of geology and other science and learn about how it works. if you do that you'll quickly come up with the idea that the idea of a Global flood is silly.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I wonder where Harte is?
He should be coming right about now to debunk this new discovery

Letting Hans handle my light work, that's where.

Speaking of a race of amnesiacs, this forum is (ironically) a microcosm of exactly that idea.

Considering the multiple threads about this archaeological site that have been posted here, and the myriad debates that have gone back and forth over the years concerning this so-called "new" find, the main population of this portion of the ATS forum can be said to be truly a people that have forgotten their own history, precisely paralleling (or should I say parrotting?) that ridiculous claim put out there by Graham Hancock, the originator of the phrase.

Harte

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I can see you won't try to see things the way I do no matter what I say, so I will just leave it at that. You believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe. Thanks for your time anyways.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Gen 6:14 Make an ark of [color=#990000]Limestone for yourself. You shall make rooms in the ark; and you shall cover it with asphalt inside and out.
Gen 6:15 And you shall make it this way: The length of the ark shall be [color=#990000]three of a hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubit

Except it says "gopher wood", and I should point out that the Great Pyramid is 440 cubits wide on each edge (the base is square) and it's 280 cubits high.

It's also solid stone except for the chambers. The King's Chamber is just about the size of my master bedroom and the Queen's Chamber is a bit smaller. You couldn't possibly fit two elephants in there, much less two pairs of every unclean beast and seven pairs of every clean beast (or two pairs of everything, depending on which version of the commands in Genesis you're using)

(confirmation of dimensions is here:
www.aiwaz.net...
and lots of other places)

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Byrd]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Gen 6:15 And you shall make it this way: The length of the ark shall be [color=#990000]three of a hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubit

Except it says "gopher wood"

C'mon, Byrd!

Surely you can see that this is a typo!

It meant to say "build it like Gomer would."

Obviously, being all-seeing, Yahweh would know all about PFC Pyle and his crazy exploits!

It was built of sheetmetal like a quonset hut. You know, like the Marine Barracks on Gomer Pyle, USMC.

That should have been obvious!

Originally posted by ByrdIt's also solid stone except for the chambers. The King's Chamber is just about the size of my master bedroom and the Queen's Chamber is a bit smaller. You couldn't possibly fit two elephants in there, much less two pairs of every unclean beast and seven pairs of every clean beast (or two pairs of everything, depending on which version of the commands in Genesis you're using)

Unless you use a shrink ray on them first.

Did you never see "Honey I shrunk the Zoo?"

Harte

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Well you get points for being inventive, but

The flood continued forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bore up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. 18 The waters prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark floated on the face of the waters. 19 And the waters prevailed so mightily upon the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered; 20 the waters prevailed above the mountains, covering them fifteen cubits deep. 21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, birds, cattle, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm upon the earth, and every man; 22 everything on the dry land in whose nostrils was the breath of life died. 23 He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the ground, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the air; they were blotted out from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those that were with him in the ark. 24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth a hundred and fifty days.

At the end of a hundred and fifty days the waters had abated; 4 and in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark came to rest upon the mountains of Ar'arat. 5

So how did Noah get all those animals into the pyramid?

How did Noah build the pyramid in that period of time with just his family?

The Pyramid isn't water proof - so what happened when the rain fell? Nor oddly enough does it float!

How did the pyramid end up at Gizah - if it, LOL, floated over to Mr Ararat?

Firstly, your stuff is very inventive but it faces a few scientific impossibilities. One no flood, two the Egyptians were there at that time and built the Pyramid after developing the technology to do so. Three you cannot get all that stuff into a pyramid.

Amusing

Thanks, I'm happy you find it amusing. I'm smiling with you

I never gave a time period of when it happened, but I would have to say the last time we were all here, similar to now.

No inventing, if you don't want to account for the actual words used and stick with the English words it is your loss, but being a "Mayanist" you should know the importance that correct renderings of words play on a text.

Also being a Mayanist, you know there are way more then 3 pyramids in the world, many I'm sure you've got to see. I'm not inventing that. You are witness.

The waters you speak of are called Mim, "the waters of forgetfulness" or simply "Death". This is also known as "Piss, Urine, Semen, Spit, Saliva or Grape Juice and Wine". And you thought water was bad to drown in, but seriously semen would fit the bill way better, because God doesn't deal in buildings made with hands especially when they are named Mary, just "something about Mary" i tell Yah.

Have you seen my Base baal?

Pop Quiz...what do 40,150, 9, and 3 have in common?

Here's a clue. Weeks, Days, Months, Trimesters in that order. If you said, birth cycle of a baby, you are correct which just so happens to be the time that "rest" was floating in the water before it Broke to drain off of the desert.

But what about those animals you say? What animals I say? No animals were brought on board the ark other then pictures and carvings to "remember".

Beast in the bible doesn't mean "Animal", again a way loose translation. Beast simply means "to be mute" "like a sheep before it's shearers", which is what dead people do, be mute. Male means Remembered, not a "man" just as Female means Sexual form not "Girl".

What about Noahs sons though? Again, all actions and descriptions, not actual men, but the characters of men.

First, Shem means "name"
Second, yaw-fith means "expansion"
third, Cham/Ham means "hot of habitat"

In review Rest had three expressions or offspring. God found grace IN Rest, in a Name, in expansion and in Hot of habitat our current son,

I'll try to get back in a little while, but I must fly for now.

Peace

I won't forget you Hans...There are answers for all your questions. Please consider this. The names of the bible are just names in English, but in Hebrew and Greek these "names" are not names but attributes that God (the living) finds acceptable or not acceptable. If the bible never made sense to you, start studying the names, you will quickly see that it is a Living Text that has nothing to do with the fantasies you were raised to believe.

The Mayan hold amazing keys that unlock the bible. Connect the dots between the Hebrew and the Mayan, Start with Yakob and Yacob then maybe bilam oh and Pashcal, don't forget the Lord's Shield, the one with the wood tied on his back or was that Horus the Krst oh I meant Christ, the Pascal lamb. He is the one with the wood, no wait...ah you will figure it out.

Either way, be amused and have a great day.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I'll repost it again for you bird.

Pitch, Kopher, Bitumen

A difference between g and k could be the difference between recognizing the ark or not. All that hangs on 2 letters...

from wikipedia

Gopher wood or gopherwood is a term used once in the Bible, for the substance whose identity is unknown from which Noah's ark was built.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Question over identity
* 2 References in Modern Fiction
* 3 External links
* 4 References

[edit] Question over identity

Gen 6:14 states that Noah built the Ark of גפר (gofer, more commonly gopher) wood, a word not otherwise known in the Bible or in Hebrew. The Jewish Encyclopedia believes it was most likely a translation of the Babylonian "gushure i÷ erini" (cedar-beams), or the Assyrian "giparu" (reed).[1] The Greek Septuagint (3rd–1st centuries BC) translated it as xylon tetragonon, "squared timber".[2] Similarly, the Latin Vulgate (5th century AD) rendered it as lignis levigatis, "smoothed (possibly planed) wood".

Older English translations, including the King James Version (17th century), simply leave it untranslated. Many modern translations tend to favour cypress (although the word for "cypress" in Biblical Hebrew is brosh), following Adam Clarke, a Methodist theologian famous for his commentary on the Bible: Clarke cited the resemblance between Greek word for cypress, kuparisson and the Hebrew word gophar, although Greek and Hebrew are not related languages and the linguistic resemblance is superficial. Other suggestions include pine, cedar, fir, ebony, wicker, juniper, acacia, boxwood, slimed bulrushes and resinous wood, and even American trees such as Cladrastis kentuckea, or American yellowwood, although this type of gopherwood has no known relation to the material of Noah's Ark. Others, noting the physical similarity between the Hebrew letters g and k, suggest that the word may actually be kopher, the Hebrew word meaning "pitch"; thus kopher wood would be pitched wood. Recent suggestions have included a lamination process (to strengthen the Ark), or a now-lost type of tree, but there is no consensus.[3]

edit for this:

The cubit Moses would of been educated in. Also note in the texts "measure" to indicate volume.

I say the measurements were a ratio because no one was using the same system between all the people who were constructing. The only thing that could be understood was a ratio, not a measurement, in other words...Proper Scale.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

But what about those animals you say? What animals I say? No animals were brought on board the ark other then pictures and carvings to "remember".

Uhm... then where'd that dove come from that Noah released to find out if the waters had subsided?

Beast in the bible doesn't mean "Animal", again a way loose translation. Beast simply means "to be mute" "like a sheep before it's shearers", which is what dead people do, be mute.

I believe you've gotten your terms mixed... you were thinking of "dumb" which means mute. If you check the concordances (www.blueletterbible.com) you will see that where they translate "beast", the word in Hebrew (and we still have lots of people who speak Hebrew0 means "animal."

So I think we can be certain that "animal=beast" is correct.

The Mayan hold amazing keys that unlock the bible.

I find that hard to believe, given their religion and their practices and the fact that the Bible is not a single book but a compilation from over 200 religious texts and was not created as a single book until around 300 AD... and the Mayan civilization wouldn't actually start for another 500 years after that.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Perhaps you should read about the ark found at Judi Dagh. The length of the remains is exactly 300 Egyptian cubits. Hebrew cubits didn't exist when Moses who was Egyptian schooled wrote Genesis. So I find it incredible that this could be any other than the Ark described in the bible.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Your forgetting the raven went forward first, not Jonah (dove).

Who looks like a raven in Egyptian culture and Who looks like a Dove?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well Gahhhly....

Thanks Harte, that made me laugh pretty good

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Uhm... then where'd that dove come from that Noah released to find out if the waters had subsided?

Beast in the bible doesn't mean "Animal", again a way loose translation. Beast simply means "to be mute" "like a sheep before it's shearers", which is what dead people do, be mute.

I believe you've gotten your terms mixed... you were thinking of "dumb" which means mute. If you check the concordances (www.blueletterbible.com) you will see that where they translate "beast", the word in Hebrew (and we still have lots of people who speak Hebrew0 means "animal."

So I think we can be certain that "animal=beast" is correct.

The Mayan hold amazing keys that unlock the bible.

I find that hard to believe, given their religion and their practices and the fact that the Bible is not a single book but a compilation from over 200 religious texts and was not created as a single book until around 300 AD... and the Mayan civilization wouldn't actually start for another 500 years after that.

Thank you, I should of cross referenced blb. Thanks for keeping on my toes.

This is the main source I use. www.scripture4all.org

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Perhaps you should read about the ark found at Judi Dagh. The length of the remains is exactly 300 Egyptian cubits. Hebrew cubits didn't exist when Moses who was Egyptian schooled wrote Genesis. So I find it incredible that this could be any other than the Ark described in the bible.

Everyone misses 30 RISE. A rise is like steps, not strait up and down. Also explain finishing to one cubit above or making three "nests" is the original word and not stories.

Another thing to consider. A cubit is a Mother am-mah.

peace

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

Certainly Cancerian

However I would correct one item of your last message. Yes you do believe what you believe. I don't believe, I know, the scientific data on this subject is overwhelming.

It was good discussing it with you, hopefully we will find something in the future to discuss and agree on.

Harte!!

Where have you been? Right on target with that amnesia - I'm awaiting for the New Year's first posting on the the new and never discussed Piri Reis map..........

Howdy L-stand and Byrd

Well I let you two talk about extreme bible revisionism, I''ll go pluck hairs out of my chest for fun instead.

Oh Bryd one tiny correction, the Classical Mayan period is thought to have run from 200-900 AD, but that still invalidates their 'contribution' to the bible. Fairwell and enjoy the 変人

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Everyone misses 30 RISE. A rise is like steps, not strait up and down.

I guess it depends on your bible translation whether it says height or rise, but rise is height-"straight up and down". Is there some reason it should be interpreted differently?

Also explain finishing to one cubit above or making three "nests" is the original word and not stories.

One cubit above could mean many different things, but I don't know. I don't see how it is related to the pyramid either.
Do pyramids not have stories?

Another thing to consider. A cubit is a Mother am-mah.

and why is that significant?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join