It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History to be rewritten? Temple found dating back 9000 B.C.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
What about those 40 artifacts they found in Africa dating back 2 million yrs?????

May I ask, exactly how did they date these 2 million year old objects you talked about???

Carbon dating? or which version of dating did they use, I want to know, THANKS!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
Don't forget the Indus Valley which dates the remains there at around 9000 years ago. This just adds more fuel to the fire that the world is older than 6000 years as per those that believe Bishop Usser's dating of the Earth by Who begat Who. Archaeology, you got to love it when they find new things and finding this temple in Göbekli Tepe, Turkey...cool!

Really what exact dating method is used that is so accurate as to make a written history of bloodlines no good, care to expand on that dating method for me so that I may show the dates your method has put forth before?

I doubt you will give me the dating method used because if you know anything about Science you know that their is NO dating method yet that has been shown accurate...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Howdy TIJ

Still pushing the creationism I see. I believe if you go to the thread itself you can find the information you want.

The thread

Then you can refuse to believe it !

Based on the dates they obtained they probably used thermoluminescence or magnetic dating....ah found it and added the dating.

The 6-m-deep Wonderwerk Cave deposit has 9 levels or groupings of strata – Major Units

(MUs) – which we numbered from the surface downwards, that is, from the youngest level,

MU1, to the deepest and oldest one, MU9. Each MU’s special characteristics depicted part of

the story of what was going on at that time in prehistory.

MU 1: Artifacts from this unit indicated a series of San-linked stone cultures, which radiocarbon dating results placed at 900–2 000 and 2 000–11 500 years ago, respectively, followed by sporadic Khoi herder visits.

MU2: This level – the second level down – contained traditional Middle Stone Age material, defined by the absence of handaxes and the presence of pointed tools (that is, ‘convergent points’). Uranium-series readings dated these artifacts at dates ranging between 70 000 and
more than 220 000 years ago.

MU3: The upper reaches of this unit produced late Fauresmith artifacts, including convergent
points and crude handaxes, with uranium-series dates of 276 000–286 000 years ago.

MU4: This level contained classic Fauresmith specimens, comprising still earlier convergent points, and small handaxes, which uranium-series and other evidence placed at circa 500 000 years ago.

MU5-8: The number of artifacts from these levels was too small for purposes of classification, but those from MU7, with a palaeomagnetic age of 780 000 years ago, are best ascribed to a time late in the Earlier Stone Age.

MU9: Palaeomagnetic results show that the upper reaches of this unit date to at least 990 000 years ago, below which, ranging down to bedrock, are a few stone flakes, indicating human occupation, even at that early time.

From

Wonderwerk

[edit on 2/1/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I'm lets say we found something out and it pretty much was the the complete opposite of everything we know and its found to be the truth; do you think they info would unleashed upon everyone or would it be hidden info that only a few know.

Much like the saying the Victor rights the history.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kvaniu

It would be releashed-scientists tend to spread information around and keeping secrets in archaeology is like trying to keep military secrets - they don't. Unless it was found in a very restricted country like North Korea. However I cannot imagine what the North Koreans would possibly want to hide.

'The victor', yes that little cliche gets thrown around alot - however in archaeology the 'victor' is usually long dead. So I don't get the point.

Considering science has demolished the hold of religion on so many areas I suspect that "they' are doing an incredibly poor job.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kvaniu

I'm lets say we found something out and it pretty much was the the complete opposite of everything we know and its found to be the truth; do you think they info would unleashed upon everyone or would it be hidden info that only a few know.

Unleashed. Definitely unleashed.

Like the theory that the end of the last ice age was accompanied by a meteor exploding in the air over the North American continent. That one's counter to what was thought before, and there's a real brawl going on over the evidence. But nobody's kept it secret, and in fact they're scrambling to test things and find out which is really right.

In science, you get points for finding a truth (like plate tectonics or the meteor that ended the age of the dinosaurs) -- and even more respect if it's something previously thought impossible but is proven to be correct. One other reason for publishing it is that often other teams are working on the same material. If you don't publish and your rivals in (say) China or Russia do, then your country looks like it's turning into a scientific backwoods.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Even without metal chisels or hammers, prehistoric masons wielding flint tools could have chipped away at softer limestone outcrops, shaping them into pillars on the spot before carrying them a few hundred yards to the summit and lifting them upright. Then, Schmidt says, once the stone rings were finished, the ancient builders covered them over with dirt. Eventually, they placed another ring nearby or on top of the old one. Over centuries, these layers created the hilltop.

This is interesting. What would have driven a party of hunters/gatherers to stop here and build this? The sheer numbers required to move these stones into place, bury them and then start again must have been immense. The article goes on to discuss the high number of various animal bones gathered from the site, ranging from gazelle to all manner of birds and other animals. There were more bones than anything else. Considering that the closest unearthed settlement to this place is nearly twenty miles away, I would assume that this was all meant to feed just the working parties bent to the task.

And the symbols are worth noting as well. Especially when the oldest recorded writing dates back to what, 3500 BC, roughly? I'm really loving these past few months. There are so many things being brought to light that are ticking off some of the more popular academics.

"This is how it is."

Oh yeah? Then how come you are wrong?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

This is interesting. What would have driven a party of hunters/gatherers to stop here and build this?

Hans: Short answer, no one knows. Speculation: My take would be that the site was rebuilt each time a notable event occurred or a chief or important person died. ie the site would be built, used then covered up and rebuilt, a renewal, a cleansing.

And the symbols are worth noting as well. Especially when the oldest recorded writing dates back to what, 3500 BC, roughly?

Hans: A bit before that and before then they were using tokens to represent various items.

I'm really loving these past few months. There are so many things being brought to light that are ticking off some of the more popular academics.

Hans: 'Ticking off popular academics'? Please share what you mean, all academics know that advancement is based on finding new stuff or reinterpreting what is known. Reconfirming what is known will get you an associate professorship at a community college in Iowa. Finding an unknown civilzation will get you to a tenured position in an elite university, grants, book and text book deals - and maybe the holy grail - a National Geographic special!

Oh yeah? Then how come you are wrong?

Hans: Not sure what you are referencing here??

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I'm referring to all those that like to stand on a soap box and say, "this is the way things are and the way things are always going to be". Galileo complex. We are constantly discovering new and interesting reasons to validate the fact that we really have no real clue about anything; that our observations and assumptions about our own history are merely that and are only as good as the next find. Personally, I love that we are constantly proving ourselves wrong, but you can understand how this might just make one of those professors you are talking about look fairly foolish, if the theory their entire career is based upon is suddenly and inarguably debunked. That's what I meant.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EdenKaia

I love that we are constantly proving ourselves wrong, but you can understand how this might just make one of those professors you are talking about look fairly foolish, if the theory their entire career is based upon is suddenly and inarguably debunked.

Yep things are moving along nicely. Just in my time I've seen large movements in our knowledge level.

I think you might be buying into a myth, in the Archaeological field I cannot think of anyone who built their careers on single theory. When new evidence comes in that evidence get incorporated rather quickly (in an academic sense).

Hmmm Byrd can you think of any example of this? I cannot think of one but has this happened?

It would have to be something where someone has stated that something couldn't exist or didn't exist or x is right and y is wrong.

Clovis pre-clovis might be an example but that battle is still going on but the Clovis first seem to be losing.

I'm thinking of the Japanese professor who went with the theory that Yonaguni was artifical and x years old. That hasn't come to be accepted but I noticed he publishes stuff on other matters.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It seems as though there is probably astrological significance to this temple as well as others that are an anomaly in our current view of ancient life.
www.andrewcollins.com...
There is some very good info at this site-well worth reading.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

Some interesting speculation, especially about the birdmen, feathers and wings. Thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Well as we hurdle off topic

Many scientist say that groves on the Sphinx could have only been caused by many many years of rainfall.

Hans: And just as many - and probably more don't agree with that analysis and point to other possibilities

Last time there was enough rainfall to cause those grooves were around 10,000 BC.

Hans: Not quite that long ago, around 5,500-6,500 BC the Sahara began to dry out and neolithic hunter-gatherers and nomadic herders began to move out of the region, the 10,000 date comes up alot as it an important fringe belief date.

I've also heard a few scientists saying that our history just doesnt add up.

Hans: I believe if you check you'll find those, 'scientists' are mainly fringe writers.

That as a species we are suffering from amnesia about our past.

Hans: Yet another meme created by fringe writers

Who's to say how long we have been around for sure and what level of technology we had.

Hans: Well we could look at the evidence we have and make some informed and evidenced hypothesis - or heck we could just make up some stuff and believe it....your choice.

IF today 95% of the population died what would the world look like 10,000 years from now?

Probably much like today's world except being an archaeologist would be a wild ride as you'd have sites galore and chock full of all kinds of cool stuff.

As noted above we are going off topic so if you can turn this into something about Gobeki Tepe...that would be good.

Not really off topic but even if it was you found time to critique every single sentence of an "off topic" post. Just because some scientists believe something contrary from the "norm" doesnt make it false. call it fringe or whatever you want.
I really love when we find these kinds of things. Its really exciting to think what else is out there just waiting for us. I would like to know if they have found any hunters weapons at the site.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yeah, it's kinda creepy to me about the annunaki relations too. Another site pertaining to the same region, but not necessarily Gobekli Tepe talks about Eden and sounds true to me:www.ramsdale.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

When you get into bible stuff you can go to speculation fantasy land. Few facts and lots of materials to build all kinds of theories.

I think theories on these subjects are like theories of where Atlantis might lie, endless.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Did you even read it? It's pretty specific. And it's not based solely on the bible either, mainly yes, but not solely. And it's not biased, it actually takes literally what is meant to be taken literally. If you want to read it and point out anything that is just speculation, please do. I have done some research on Eden and everything that I have found was the same as that of David Rohl (archaeologist of the website). I understand if you're not interested, but please don't dismiss it just because you assumed it was christian fundie propoganda, it's not.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yes I did, until I got to the Noah's Ark bit

So is the story of Noah real?

Is Eden real?

The Mayan calendar - they were exceptional record-keepers - fixes the date for their great deluge at 3,113 BC.

Oh it does? That would be news to the Mayan...but then if the bible is correct they would have all died.........so who recorded it?

You might wish to look at a thread I did to show what was happening at that time in the world

What was happening around 3113 BC

Here is a part of it

3114 BC Mayan fourth age begins based on their calendar

31st Century BC

c. 3100 BC — Narmer (Menes) unifies Upper and Lower Egypt into one country; he rules this new country from Memphis. He managed to do this just 14 years after the world was destroyed!

c. 3100 BC — Narmer, pharaoh, rules (other dates are 3150 BC–3125 BC).

c. 3100 BC — Predynastic period (Neolithic) ends in Ancient Egypt (other date is 3150 BC).

c. 3100 BC — Early Dynastic (Archaic) period starts in Ancient Egypt (other date is 3150 BC).

c. 3100 BC — First stage in the construction of Stonehenge.[citation needed])

c. 3100 BC – 2600 BC — Skara Brae, Orkney Islands, Scotland is inhabited. Discovered 1850.[citation needed])

c. 3100 BC — Anu Ziggurat and White Temple in Uruk, Mesopotamia (modern Warka, Iraq) are built.

c. 3100 BC — Humans develop a writing system, cuneiform script.

I should point out that this is the time of the Uruk Period in Sumerian history - needless to say they are not aware of the world being destroyed on that specific day.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Is Eden real?

The story in general as told in practically every culture worldwide, I do believe is true, yes. And about Noah's ark-did you ever hear about Judi Dagh? And yes I think Eden was real too, and I think that David Rohl is correct in the location of it also.

Oh it does? That would be news to the Mayan...but then if the bible is correct they would have all died.........so who recorded it?

It's not just in the bible, did you actually read what the Mayans' ages or worlds actually were(or said to have been). The third world supposedly ended with a flood. hmmm? And you are making assumptions when you say I believe the bible to be accurate in all parts and when you say everyone would have died.

I should point out that this is the time of the Uruk Period in Sumerian history - needless to say they are not aware of the world being destroyed on that specific day.

www.livius.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

When you get into bible stuff you can go to speculation fantasy land. Few facts and lots of materials to build all kinds of theories.

I think theories on these subjects are like theories of where Atlantis might lie, endless.

Actually, the bible may appear to support some "fantastic" things, but if people would read the original languages that these works were written in, they would find the concepts are normal everyday concepts dealing with family, life, deadly actions to guard yourself against and the like, they might even discover that Gods name means "self existent". Now that would debunk some religion ehh?

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Is Eden real?

The Mayan calendar - they were exceptional record-keepers - fixes the date for their great deluge at 3,113 BC.

You might wish to look at a thread I did to show what was happening at that time in the world

What was happening around 3113 BC

Here is a part of it

3114 BC Mayan fourth age begins based on their calendar

31st Century BC

c. 3100 BC — Narmer (Menes) unifies Upper and Lower Egypt into one country; he rules this new country from Memphis. He managed to do this just 14 years after the world was destroyed!

c. 3100 BC — Narmer, pharaoh, rules (other dates are 3150 BC–3125 BC).

c. 3100 BC — Predynastic period (Neolithic) ends in Ancient Egypt (other date is 3150 BC).

c. 3100 BC — Early Dynastic (Archaic) period starts in Ancient Egypt (other date is 3150 BC).

c. 3100 BC — First stage in the construction of Stonehenge.[citation needed])

c. 3100 BC – 2600 BC — Skara Brae, Orkney Islands, Scotland is inhabited. Discovered 1850.[citation needed])

c. 3100 BC — Anu Ziggurat and White Temple in Uruk, Mesopotamia (modern Warka, Iraq) are built.

c. 3100 BC — Humans develop a writing system, cuneiform script.

Yes, Noah from Noakh means "Rest". You will find his "ARK" at the giza complex. It's a memorial of sorts. God (self existent) found "Rest" perfect in all HIS Generations or Genesis. I know I find rest pretty righteous don't you?
The pyramids seem to be a real "Tower of Confusion".

Garden of Eden. Sure does exist. I can prove it to you. Eden is from Aw-dan' and means "to be soft or pleasent, figuratively and reflexively, to live voluptuosly - To delight Self".

You my friend are in the Garden of Aw-dan' right now. If you read Genesis, you will see that it says at the end of the creation account that was the "geneological annuals of ALL of the Hosts of Heaven in the day they were made". The complete account of All is done by Gen 1:31.

Someday you'll take rest in an dbt too. We all will. We find it pleasing...

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join