It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hi all,

Interesting site it seems.. Are there any former Jehovah's Witnesses that post here out of curiousity?

Ron

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i am a former jehovahs witness and i left because of the confusion i was lefy with, same with all christian and other religious beliefs

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I left the org. 2004 after having been a firm believer. This is my first post here, but I've been watching this site for years. Currently following ufo conspiracies. I am an agnostic, it is so impossible to know what is true. Frustrating and liberating as it is. I reckon there is a 20 % chance something's gonna happen around 2012.

Are you an ex jw? Don't you find it hard to believe in any religion at all? I wish I could be a true christian, but I can't feel it in my heart any longer :-(

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Im not sure what I am , losing my religen here.
whats up?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Do Not Lose Faith, Brother/Saint in Christ Jesus!

From estimatedprophet

All religions of man are false. Not one religion here in the world, is the true religion of God. As a matter of fact, God has no religions at all and does not promote them!
Religions are organizations that are brought about systematically by man, and by secretive societies of the illuminati, to deceive, mislead and corrupt the minds and lives of millions of people world wide, by using the Lords name in vain and in vanity.

These religions and leaders of these organizations, use the words of truth of the Lord, and twist, and mix, and mingle these words of truth and corrupt them with lies. They also falsely misinterpret the words of truth by using their own interpretation and theories on the words of God and of His Christ!

These religions also force the people to believe that their own religion is superior than any-other and therefore it is the true church of God. Then they will claim that their interpretations are true and correct, and that all other religions are inferior and false, compared to theirs or their-own, supposedly. "This is what most of the people think or come to believe, after their religious manipulation and brain-washing that has succeeded over them, from these deceitful cults!"

This is what they teach in all religions, and this is how they divide the people, into different sects/groups and therefore weaken or destroy the truth, within these groups, and to cause strife and rebellion against each-other, by the accusations that are thought, throughout these false teachings and lies of these religious groups and of their leaders.

What I am trying to say is that, all the religions are divided-up and are against each-other, in both, in their belief and in their faith. The Lord warned about division, and this is one of the many tools, that the enemies ("illuminati cults") are using against the people, to keep them from uniting and becoming one with God and of His Christ, for salvation!
(Therefore, the secret plan of bringing about many different religions for the world and divisions amongst the peoples faith, has succeeded, in part of the secret societies of the satanic illuminati. Therefore, making it easier for their "world control over the masses!")

(" Warning, Religion is a Powerful and Very Dangerous Tool, because the people are no longer applying their faith and trust in God, but rather to the false religions and leaders of these organizations, who claim that they are saviors, and that say, they are messengers of God. But in reality they are Antichrists and False Prophets!")
Almost all of the Jehovah Witnesses, elders and leaders, both in the churches and in the organization "the Watchtower," are secretly freemasons and agents of the heathen illuminati, pagan cults!
The people or supposed witnesses are unaware and/or have been mislead, that they "think," they are following a true church of God, when in reality, all-awhile they have been and/or are participants of an organized secret cult of Satan!

These secret, satanic agents, have infiltrated all the religions of man and they have made up their own religious systems, organizations and institutions. The Mormons, the watchtower and Islam/Muslims, are a prime example of these religions that are made up by these secret cults, to manipulate and to deceive the masses!

Unfortunately, there are also many of the supposed, christian religious leaders, who also take part of these secret satanic societies, for fame and wealth, and to spread lies and deceit! What the governments and their secret societies want, is to merge all of these religions into one, new, global satanic, worshiping organization, worldwide!

Since, most of the common people all over the world are being deceived, by these religious organizations, it would not be hard for them to be forced into the global secret plan, of a new world order. And since they listen to these religious leaders, it would not be difficult for them, the people to be deceived!

("Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, we are living at the "End of Times," please, Wake-Up, and I implore you, to please do some study and research on your own, if you do not believe in me, declares the messenger of the Lord of Hosts!")

The truth of all of this meaningless church and religious toil in the world, is going to come to an end very soon, at the arrival of the "Kingdom of God and of the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ!"
("The Destroyer and Creator of Man and of the Creator of both Heaven and Earth!")
Man does not need religion to pray and/or to acknowledge God the Almighty.
The true church is the physical body of the person and the true, spiritual faith of the individual, is the "Holy Spirit of Life" inside and within him or her!
edit on 29-2-2012 by estimatedprophet because: Fixing errors

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I had the JW Watchtower people at the door on Sunday.
I never open the door because I don't like to stand on my door step arguing over why I don't agree with their beliefs.
I don't think religion is something that should be pushed by someone attempting to enter your home, putting their foot in the door so you can't close it. If someone wishes to enter a religion, they should take time to learn about it first, and find the best denomination for them, not to just blindly follow someone who knocks on their door and claims to know better.
My biggest problem is the blood transfusion thing too. Had I been a JW when my son was born, I would have sinned by saving him with a blood transfusion after he was born dangerously premature, and been excommunicated. Had I not agreed, he would have died, but I would have still been welcome within the JW group.
No thanks. I would rather preserve the lives we were given, than just accept something might save him if he was worthy.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I am an agnostic. I don't like anyone trying to force any belief down my throat. I am also open-minded and don't mind listening and sharing with other people. Say what you will about the JW but at least they get out and preach their good word. Other religions just do their thing on Wed and Sun and then they are through for the week. The JW don't stop there. They are a little pushy but if you show them you are firm they don't push much.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have a question...

Why do JW's focus so much on revelation?

And conversion?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I have a question...

Why do JW's focus so much on revelation?

And conversion?

They view Revelation as a message of hope, they basically think that this system of things stinks and that humans have proven to be so incapable of doing good on our own that divine intervention is required to fix all the wrongs around us. Mostly they focus on Rev. 21:3,4 viewing it as a promise at the very end of the Bible to restore things on Earth to the Paradise conditions of Genesis. So that things come around full circle to the original intention for man. But they do attempt to describe the events leading up to that based on Revelation, so I guess they do talk about it a lot, but they use the whole Bible in an attempt to show that 'the meek will inherit the Earth.' (Psalms 37:11, Matthew 5:5) That's pretty much what they are all about.

People keep converting so they keep trying to convert them.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

They view Revelation as a message of hope, they basically think that this system of things stinks and that humans have proven to be so incapable of doing good on our own that divine intervention is required to fix all the wrongs around us.

Don't all book religions preach that? A great Revelation when every eye will be opened to truth? I do not believe "The Divine Force," whomever and whatever that may be, gets directly involved with the affairs of Humankind. To do this just one time would upset the balance and negate free will.
It is my belief "The Divine Force" built/created all this Matrix of Electronic Magnetic Energy we all live within, and all that goes with it is included. One must realize that everything, read that EVERYTHING, has a life cycle. It is born, it lives for a period of time, it dies, it is reborn again. I see the Human Soul as two parts, those who are Aware, and Open, and Knowledgeable, and those who are Asleep, Un-Aware, Closed, and Unknowing. Now add to this theory the age of Souls, some are older than others. I believe an Old Soul is much closer to the Divine source than a Young Soul. I do not know exactly when the transition occurs, but there comes a time when the eyes are opened, when it all comes together and jells in your mind. I sincerely believe that this life cycle I am in right now is my first at this Awakening. The first time I have been able to live to become old in years, and raise a family, two families actually. The fist time I had time to accumulate knowledge, in the form of reading a great many books at a time when I as confined to a hospital bed, and on my back for two years. Relatives who have died before have contacted me, as have other, strange beings who told and taught me a great many things about the 4th Dimension and the mechanics thereof. I was allowed to see the Land of the Dead from afar, and see what it looked like from outside the dimension. I was allowed to see the 10 Dimensions of time and space that govern this sector of the Galaxy, and some of what is beyond our human understanding.

Personally, I love discussing these theories with JW and Christians who come to my door, but sadly, none come anymore. I made one Mormon lady so mad she spat at me in disgust. They are fun to toy with, but in all reality we all need to Wake Up.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

They view Revelation as a message of hope, they basically think that this system of things stinks and that humans have proven to be so incapable of doing good on our own that divine intervention is required to fix all the wrongs around us.

Don't all book religions preach that?

Yeah, they all claim that belief for their own to some degree or another, I was simply answering the question as to why JW's talk about Revelation.

To do this just one time would upset the balance and negate free will.

That depends on how you view free will. If Adam didn't have free will it would have been impossible for him to disobey God. He had the freedom to make the wrong choice, it's just that there were consequences to his actions. The punishment was that the good stuff that was given to him was taken away. Their belief is that what was asked of Adam was really just a small thing as proof of obedience. For instance if you have a dog or a cat you may treat them well, as members of your family like your children, but you may also ask a small thing from them. 'This seat belongs to me, do not sit in it and do not tear up the pillow on it.' If they disobey, you might decide on a punishment for them. Man had free will, but was asked a small thing as proof of obedience to a higher being, 'Don't eat from this tree, it's mine.' Man didn't listen and there were consequences. I don't believe that Divine Intervention means no free will, just that man get's some good benefits by using free will to make the choice of taking the side of that Divine being.

One must realize that everything, read that EVERYTHING, has a life cycle. It is born, it lives for a period of time, it dies, it is reborn again.

And perhaps that is the natural way with things, I wouldn't argue for or against that. But the reality is that we don't really know how things work on the Quantum level, there may be many things we don't know about how things work. The belief of the book religions as you put it, is that the Creator has the power to give man something special, something beyond what we would call the natural way of things. Perhaps at some level our understanding of what we view as natural can be altered.

Relatives who have died before have contacted me, as have other, strange beings who told and taught me a great many things about the 4th Dimension and the mechanics thereof.

I have also seen things in my life that I would have to describe as 'super natural' However I came to a different conclusion than you did as to what was behind such things. I have no doubt that other beings would be able to describe amazing things to you. To them I'm sure that is just the tip of the iceberg compared to all the knowledge they contain. However I believe that you spoke to what humans at one time could only describe as 'spirit creatures' My personal opinion is that they may in actuality be energy beings or something along those lines. But take my opinion on that with a grain of salt, that isn't the JW belief, they would just call them demons. But I haven't been considerd a JW in years. Honestly, the only reason I find myself on this thread is that I don't know how many other people here have 20 years of growing up as a JW that would try to give them fair treatment in discussing them.

edit on 4-3-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

I have also seen things in my life that I would have to describe as 'super natural' However I came to a different conclusion than you did as to what was behind such things. I have no doubt that other beings would be able to describe amazing things to you. To them I'm sure that is just the tip of the iceberg compared to all the knowledge they contain.

I think many of us have, some just are afraid to admit it to themselves. As for the actual mechanics of the thing, I, like you, have some theories of what does it, but nothing concrete. I am not even totally certain that two of my dead relatives were really dead human beings, or something else altogether. Too many things happened that normal Dis-Embodied Spirits could never do. I do believe very strongly that at least some of the design of our little reality matrix is made, and controlled by crystalline based computers.
Soul Tower?

top topics

join