It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Losing 'Secret' War in Somalia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For several years the U.S. military has fought a covert war in Somalia, using gunships, drones and Special Forces to break up suspected terror networks -- and enlisting Ethiopia's aid in propping up a pro-U.S. "transitional" government. It's a relatively unknown front in the "war on terror," and one where the U.S. and its allies are losing ground, fast.

US Losing Secret War In Somalia

wow 3 wars Afghanistan,Iraq, and Somalia. Might be a possible excuse to send me troop overseas, im guessin.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well, with things slowly winding down in Iraq, troop strengths will probably just be diverted to Afghanistan, Somalia and Pakistan. I am not sure how long the US and UN military and political leaders think they can keep up all of this activity in the middle east and southwest asia. It is already devastating global economies, not to mention the damage being done to the moral fabric of involved societies around the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
About 4 months ago the U.S. permanently opened it's African Operations Command...if I'm am not mistaken it was in Ethiopa( I could be mistaken about the location). The mandate of the Command was Anti terrorism and anti piracy. I am also sure the CIA and NSA have thier grubby little hands in the goings on there also.

new topics

join