It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the perfect food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am always looking for a natural, obtainable food that has the healthiest and widest variety of benfits for a survival situation or even everyday living.

I just happen to come across this, and I find it very interesting. Many of you more experienced people probably have heard of this but this is new for me.

And while some of the benefits have not been proven, it seems to be the most part a miracle food.

And it is bee pollen. Or plant pollen to be exact. Collect by the bees and caught in traps under the hives.

bee pollen benefits

It has the highest protein known to man.

it has an abundance of essential vitamins and minerals.

It gives energy.

Makes your metabolism more efficient.

Improves your immune system.

Lower chlosterol levels.
Improves sexual health.

Among many other things.

Bee pollen actually contains all of the nutrients you need to live. Certain studies on mice that have been fed exclusively bee pollen and nothing else have not shown any signs of malnourishment.

So if sit X occurs and mankind has to start establishing a food source, it seems that bees are really a mans best friend. You need them to pollanate your crops. The honey provides sweetness, sugar, and healthy stuff. And at the very least, bee pollen provides the highest amount of protein. Though in its natural form you need a lot of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, while bee pollen would be very good for you, what happens during winter? I guess you could move to a warmer climate, that would help. But also, aren't bee's slowly dying out or something like that?

www.prisonplanet.com...

There is an article, and that is a year ago!

en.wikipedia.org...

And good ol' wikipedia always has something about everything.

It would be good for a while, but once the bees are gone, it would bee (lol) a little harder to get pollen. Possibly we could extract pollen from flowers ourselves (don't know if we already do that, not a flower expert.)

Well, that's my 2cents.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
BEANS

(this was copied)

lavendercreek.wordpress.com...
Beans are packed with nutrients including; calcium, iron and potassium. They are a great source of protein, complex carbohydrates and they are high in soluble fiber. Beans are very filling and can be eaten along with any meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are very versatile. Some varieties can be eaten raw, they can be sprouted, ground into flour, they can be fermented to make products such as miso, tempeh and soy sauce, they can be boiled, baked or fried. There are thousands of varietes of beans and they come in a gorgeous array of colors with distinctive flavors. Dried beans store well in the pantry and remain viable for several years. Beans are easy to grow and are a good source of nitrogen for the soil. And finally, dried beans as well as canned beans are very affordable.
But wait! There’s more! Because what beans don’t have, is just as great as what they do have. Beans have only a tiny amount of fat (with virtually zero saturated fat) and they have no cholesterol.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Fri Jan 2 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've read that it's bananas. They are supposedly the only food that a person can eat exclusively and not only survive, but be healthy. Not to mention that they can be grown year round in many parts of the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaved Yeti

Well you can store be pollen. LOL just like anything else you are not limited to the "growing" season.
I am trying it in a bottle.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

When I tried to be a vegetarian, I ate a lot of beans. For some reason they were just lacking for me, and I still became anemic.
Not that I don't love them, and think they are a valuable food source and people should eat them more, but I don't know if they are a super food.

ANd bananas don't have any protein in them do they? And they will need to be coupled with coconuts to prevent any plumbing problems.

Actually coconut water is supposed to be really good for you too.

So maybe we can talk to the producers at Iron Chef and see what they can come up with containing coconut milk, beans, bananas and bee pollen and see what kind of Situation X gourmet menu they can come up with.

so do all important foods that are good for you begin with B? makes it easy to remember when you are in a stressful situation. Beans bananas and bees.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You may want to try Soybee Protein drink. It is a meal replacement that comes in powdered form. Also, available: Bee Pollen capsules, Hive Pollen Capsules, Pollen drops (candy full of nutrients) just to name a few.

www.glorybeefoods.com...

I have heard that honey is a germ killer. The shelf life is indefinite. When it is old it will turn to sugar, but, does not go bad.

I plan to buy a small hive. This is on my project to do list. I have to learn how to set it up, maintain and harvest the honey.

I am growing a banana plant and an orange plant indoors. The banana is two years old and should produce in the third year. Not sure how long for the orange to produce. I have two coffee plants inside as well, but, it looks like I will not be getting any beans for several years. It is a slow grower.

I have stored a variety of dried beans, peas and barley. Barley is also full of nutrients and can be ground into a flour. It also contains malt.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Siren]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I’ve heard that you can survive on eggs alone, but I wouldn’t want to try it. And I like eggs.

The bottom line is that you need a good variety of wholesome foods in your diet. Different nutrients and trace minerals are found in many different foods, and we need them all.

Too bad lasagna and garlic bread isn’t the only food you need.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I always heard that sweet potatoes are a great survival food.

CSPI ranked the sweet potato number one in nutrition of all vegetables. With a score of 184, the sweet potato outscored the next highest vegetable by more than 100 points.

www.foodreference.com...

[edit on 1/3/2009 by The 5th Element]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
to bad all teh bees are dead..... good lucky getting it away from the bees wihtout getting f'ed up after the SHTF. LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Trace minerals can be purchased in a concentrated liquid form and added to water. One brand is "ConcenTrace - Trace Mineral Drops" (Vitacost.com).

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

You should try being more constructive. I know it is probably a new concept for you. You have nothing to offer which means you will be one of the grundges who scoff now and plan to steal later.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You should try being more constructive. I know it is probably a new concept for you. You have nothing to offer which means you will be one of the grundges who scoff now and plan to steal later.

well ill be waiting by the hives for the people that will die from all the bee stings... o yeah and by the way wouldnt the dead people really be the perfect food? i mean there would be and abundace of bodies. Just think of all the minerals and vitamins trapped in those coffins.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The 5th Element

Great to know! THX

reply to post by Siren

Yes, but how absorbable is it? I do supplements, but I prefer nature.

And please don't feed the trolls, even if they are funny.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yes please ignore my jests that reveal truths.. do not bother yourself with the reasons things are funny. Ill be the one selling the do-it-yourself behive kits. Its also a great idea to allow children to grow up around behives because it naturaly increses their reaction time and situational awareness.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I prefer nature also, but, in case the natural is not available, these are great alternatives. You can read the info at the site and decide for yourself. They also offer organic and veggie caps. I can only offer the solutions I have found that work for me.

The minerals I take and also feed my houseplants and garden plants with it. See details below:

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1/2 Teaspoon (About 40 Drops)
Servings per Container: 96
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Magnesium 250 mg 63%

Chloride 700 mg 21%

Sodium 10 mg 0%

Potassium 5 mg 0%

Sulfate 55 mg *

Boron 1 mg *

*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: ConcenTrace®. Contains no other added ingredients. In addition Contains no other added ingredients. In addition to the elements listed above, this product contains the following in naturally occurring, varying trace amounts: Bromide, Carbonate, Calcium, Silicon, Nitrogen, Selenium, Phosphorus, Iodide, Chromium, Manganese, Titanium, Rubidium, Cobalt, Copper, Antimony, Molybdenum, Strontium, Zinc, Nickel, Tungsten, Germanium, Scandium, Vanadium, Tellurium, Tin, Lanthanum, Yttrium, Silver, Gallium, Bismuth, Zirconium, Cerium, Cesium, Gold, Beryllium, Hafnium, Samarium, Terbium, Europium, Gadolinium, Dysprosium, Thorium, Holmium, Lutetium, Erbium, Ytterbium, Neodymium, Praseodymium, Niobium, Tantalum, Thallium, Rhenium, Indium and Palladium, plus the other elements found in sea water. This list is in approximate descending order.

Honey is as natural as you can get, man can't make it only Bees. Not promoting the site, but, I do shop there. They have a huge list of honey products including a 40 lb. tub of honey, and

Comb Honey, this Honey Remains In The Wax Combs, Just As The Bees Have Stored It.

edited to add external source brackets

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Yes please ignore my jests that reveal truths.. do not bother yourself with the reasons things are funny. Ill be the one selling the do-it-yourself behive kits. Its also a great idea to allow children to grow up around behives because it naturaly increses their reaction time and situational awareness.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

Oh, I think I know where you're coming from alright. I didn't mean to seem dismissive of your points, I was just trying be appreciative of your humor.

BTW, are you aware that organic bees seem to be doing just fine?

www.organicconsumers.org...

I’m sure you do. I plan to have my own organic bee’s if possible in the future to pollinate my garden.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren

I prefer nature also, but, in case the natural is not available, these are great alternatives. You can read the info at the site and decide for yourself. They also offer organic and veggie caps. I can only offer the solutions I have found that work for me.

The minerals I take and also feed my houseplants and garden plants with it.

Honey is as natural as you can get, man can't make it only Bees.

Cool, I'll check it out. THX!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I was just talking to my Husband about starting our own hive. I have been talking about this some time but we decided we really need to act on it.

To help with the bee population. As a decent hobby, and some free honey.

But I don't think it would hurt to have a hive around when SHTF.

So I will check that site out, thanks!!

new topics

top topics

join