It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirror mirror on the wall, how old are you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Well... sometimes I act like I am about 4 years old
and I hope that I am not on an island?

for eg:

Last night I could not sleep so I decided to make myself a cup of hot chocolate. I got out of bed and rode my pretend horse into the kitchen, neighing and rearing up as I went.
It did not occur to me that I was behaving like a little kid until I saw my reflection in the microwave plastic. And I did think, OMG what if someone saw me

Well, it didn't stop there, I had to wait for the milk to heat up so I decided to horsey ride up and down the hall way, laughing way out loud to myself. Oh and to make it even more funny, I was nude.

ha ha ha

but I am having more and more random acts of sillyness and find myself doing silly things to amuse myself.

for eg:

I was waiting for the traffic lights to turn green and while I waited in my car, I decided to blow rasberries in the side of my hand, little spurty ones and the sound of it made me laugh... so here I am laughing and blowing rasberries in my hand. And as it was funny, I did it more and more. LOL

This morning as I was getting ready for my big grown up girl job.... hahahaha I started to pull funny faces in the mirror until I made myself laugh and I said out loud while laughing... 'mirror mirror on the wall, how old are you?'...(as I said each word, I was jumping up and down and with the how old are you? my hands were raised up in exclamation) LOL

Then I look, laughed and considered I was behaving like I was about 4 years old.

ha ha ha ha ha

so I hope that I am not the only person to behave like this???

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Heck no sister.

I am in my thirties and act like a kid most of the time. I love to just start dancing everywhere. It embarrasses my kids when I do it in the grocery store.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Oh yeah...
I'll be 38 in 12 days, but I'm really 18 and counting.
I listen to the same music as my 18 year old daughter and my 20 and 22 year old sons. I wear the same clothing as a generation younger than me,(But I can tactfully pull it off) and I get along better with my kids friends than with most adults.
They think it's cool. I'm the mom everybody wants.
When I have to wear my "Mom" hat though..I kinda feel awkward sometimes.
Like I want to just guide them in the right direction, not dictate to them.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
By the calendar I'm 48. However I'm either 12 or 16 depending on the situation. I love to play with what I call toys. On the other hand, I'm one of those people who want to decorate my bedroom with Black light posters and Black Light fixtures. I've already got glow in the dark stars on the ceiling from a prior resident and I have NO intention of removing them.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
By the calendar I'm 48. However I'm either 12 or 16 depending on the situation. I love to play with what I call toys. On the other hand, I'm one of those people who want to decorate my bedroom with Black light posters and Black Light fixtures. I've already got glow in the dark stars on the ceiling from a prior resident and I have NO intention of removing them.

HeHeHe...Deson, I have 2 sets of Black angel wings on my bedroom wall.

And, a black vase with black roses.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hmm, do I detect a bit of a Goth here? (chuckle) or am I mistaken?

I do collect rather odd things simply because they are odd and they appeal to me. 2 examples are that I have a working slide rule in it's case and a German talking Furby named "Snoozer" because he sleeps a lot. Somewhere in storage I have a pickled (in blue formaldehyde) baby shark. Not sure why, but simply because they appealed to me. Snoozer is sitting on my computer looking at me right now. No I don't have any batteries in him.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm 19 and I act like a 50 year old. I'm fairly docile usually, and the only time I get silly is occasionally with friends, we play-fight sometimes.

Sometimes music will get me going too.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Good Wolf]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

A bit of goth..yes...BUT, I also have various animal print items in the same room and Native American dream catchers as well.
The only "theme" I have is..if I like it..it stays.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Chronologically I am turning 40 on the 13th of this month.

My real age is hard to guage. I have a toy collection. I collect noisy toys and light up toys. I REALLLLLLLLY want an RC vehicle to play with. I adore Elmo (noisy Elmo's) and I have a collection of seasonal headware...bunny ears, angel halo, devil horns, antlers, etc...

It seems like everything around me is interesting and almost new.

I like being my age (40) especially as I don't feel it. My body does which is terribly upsetting and a bit depressing sometimes, but I think it's a skill to remain young at heart and mind.

I can and often am terribly grown up and it can be tedious. So regressing a bit is to me a luxury I never take for granted.

I also wanted to try running up a wall and doing a backflip (Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee fan). Never have though and I kick myself for not trying. I'd definitely hurt meself now as the ole body ain't so resilient anymore LOL.

My BF is a lot like me as well though he doesn't have cool toys like I do but he did make a totally awesome blowgun...and I got him some Styrofoam heads to shoot (he drew the faces on em). It was a deal....he could make the blow gun thingy if I could get another noisy Elmo.

Good deal I'd say.

We did have a food fight a few weeks ago too...taters of a mashed variety were flying. Was awesome until we had to clean it up.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

Hey! Your birthday is a day before me! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I'm Fortythreeteen.

And enjoying every minute of it.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
And a Happy early Birthday to you too

>>>>>>>
(second line)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by Deson

The only "theme" I have is..if I like it..it stays.

That I feel is the most important decorating theme that you can have. If you like it . It stays. I like that. The most important person that you have to impress or make happy with your decor is yourself!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I am................oops, gotta answer that u2u, gotta go.

Rush

Edit to add: Thanks for the save q_ball!!!

[edit on 2-1-2009 by hsur2112]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The 23rd of this month will make me a young 43 year old ( Aquarius ) and I just got into trouble yesterday with my wife and I loved it. My kids decided to play in the woods yesterday afternoon and it's not exactly dry in there. We had so much fun swinging from the vines growing through the trees and decided to all grab a hold of one and swing about 25 feet out and it broke!

Thankfully nobody was hurt and we laughed our tails off and played all day in there. Well evening and supper time was there before we knew it so we headed back to the house. The kids loved that I hanged with them in the woods and told me they had an awesome time. Well as soon as we got to the front door we were met by Momma and she looked very angry at us all. I smiled at her and said " hey honey what's for supper " and she said to me, " YOU ARE NOT COMING IN THIS HOUSE WITH THOSE CLOTHES ON! "

I looked down and saw that I was muddy from head to toe. She said "turn around ", so I did and that's when I realized that I was muddy on the back side from head to toe too. I had so much fun yesterday that I didn't even know I was that muddy and wet from playing. It felt good and was the first time in a long time that I felt like a kid again. No matter how mad my better half was it just might be a vine swingin', mud throwing, water splashing day again when I get home.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm 21 but I feel 12. I was a spoiled brat coming up, and sometimes I still feel and act like one. That's not cool I know, but hey, at least I'm being honest.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by The Scarecrow]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've never had too much trouble in letting my inner child loose, although it can get expensive. Toys and the like.

I got a garden swing this summer which was a long-held ambition.

I gave up reading The Beano every week a few years ago, but the last time I went to the dentist I found one in the waiting room. That's as good a time as any to have a laugh.

Having a dog to play makes me feel like a kid, running around and throwing sticks.

And since one of my housemates left (Hurrah) I've got a spare empty room. I play in there with a bat and ball - at least I did until the dog joined in. He ruined my sponge ball - first he got it so spitty it stuck to the wall, then he chewed it to pieces.

Oh, and far too much time spent playing computer games.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm 61 but feel 25. I don't fit in with older women at all unless I'm fortunate enough to meet one that is young minded also.

I enjoy riding my motorcycle, 4-wheeler and anything else that has a motor and wheels.

Just bought a fire suit so I can drive my son's racing truck at the drag strip.

Feeling 25 does have it's problems. There are a lot of things I want to do but my body says no way.

Up until 2 years ago I felt like I was 16. I guess I'm growing up.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I enjoy riding my motorcycle, 4-wheeler and anything else that has a motor and wheels.

Ha ha. An elderly woman riding a 4 wheeler. I can dig it.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Scarecrow

Originally posted by dizziedame

Ha ha. An elderly woman riding a 4 wheeler. I can dig it.

This is not a woman I'd so readily call elderly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join