It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born with a Caul or Face Veil....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
My friend's first child was born with a caul. I got some funny looks when I gasped "Oh! He's got a caul! He can see through the veil!"
It made perfect sense to me, but no one else there had heard that old wives tale. It was a home birth and I am still honored that I was invited to be there. His caul was not kept.
He had eyes like someone who has lived a long time and seen a lot. His presence impacted everyone he met.
He also was born with a severe heart defect and passed away before his third birthday. He was(is) a radiant person; and I miss him.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My nephew was born with his birth sack intact. His mother was not impressed by this, as this is also known as a dry birth - as the sack had not broken to release some 'lubricating' effect in the process. However, he is only young currently and has not shown and unusually extra-sensory perceptions in his short life. He is school-aged.

I would have to say it must be increasingly rare to be born this way - as most midwives will artifically break the waters before birth; especially if the labour has been long. The waters breaking has been known to speed up the birthing process.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bekonabroom

My mother told me I was born with a caul though my twin wasn't. The only thing I can say with any great certainty that marks me as different from most people is that I'm here on this site.

I have, however, been studying consciousness for the last 35 years and working to find the answers to Life, the Universe & Everything, I'm prescient (seeing the future) to some extent, or just good at extrapolating trends, I'm intuitive or is it just that I'm right-brain dominant (I'm male), I'm totally committed to service-to-others (or I just get a buzz from doing things for people) and I believe myself to be a wanderer - sixth dimensional Andromedan. Does that fit the pattern?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by philsnow

Thanks philsnow.....for sharing.
I believe my grandmother...had dreams.....telling her of things that would happen.So it may be something to do with seeing through the veil.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I was born with a veil over my face and till now never understood what that meant. My mother told me about my being born this way growing up, I was always saying things or dreaming things and shortly they would come to be. I have from as early as I can remember, feeling things around me that I could not see with my eyes but yet I could see them in a different way, or maybe you could say I could sense them. I have seen ghosts or spirits, I dont know what to call them. I have had a woman ghost or spirit speak to me, I was so frightened, it was the first time I could see what I sensed and have it actually speak to me and come toward me. I have run all my life from this because I was afraid, didnt understand, nor did I want to be labled a weirdo.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

i was born with a caul 18 november 1964 lookin thru a mirror one morning in 1984 holding my baby son i had a vision of me putting flowers on his grave saw his name. in shock i snapped out of it... he died 2mth later.. itsa a curse being phsicic wen u dont kno wot too do. i had wot can onley be described as alien abduction dreams we i was younger...lots of visits from a african spirit guide and 4 year ago went too kenya alone and had the weirdest spiritul experience..i need guidence can anybody help please or am i mad julie watson mansfield notts ng190ap please respond

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Last Post"Anonymous".....I've been looking but I can't see anything?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

My best friend was born with a caul. She is a very special person, spiritual, magical and very intuitive.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm a caul bearer as well...my mother said I was born with the "veil" and the doctor that delivered me seemed quite pleased, told her she had a "special one" here. Thing is, being born with a caul (veil) the sack can break and the child can come out with what truly does resemble a "veil".

All I'll say is that the old wives tales do hold some truth...

Very interesting reading there are many of us out there and look where we are posting/reading...lol.

~Holly

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bekonabroom i am 50 years old, i was told from a small child i was born with the veil, i am just now researching what it means, the strange thing is, i have always said i have insight of things before they happen, i have also been contacted by spirits, for others, some how, they come to me, and i can give loved one answers, but..i can never predict when..i could go into detail, but it would take a book for me to write..i am happy to now know...i do have a gift, and no longer afraid to say it...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Yes that is true, I was born with a membrane all over my body my mother's doctor had to brake it after delivery and told my mother that I was a special baby.

Interesting because when I was a young child I remember seen the door to the other side and I could see people that others could not.

I will leave it at that.

No only I was born with that and the only of 4 siblings but I also was born with a hart shaped birth mark on my left buttock the side of hand palm.

So perfect that people thinks is a tattoo.

Now nobody has been able to tell why I have that mark and what it means and also I am the only one in the entire family that have it.

The hart shape birth mark is brown black.

I am happy that it was not in my face.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I just googled images for what the heck you guys were talking about while eating a bowl of coco pops...

I don't think I'll ever be able to look at coco pops the same way ever again.

woah momma

wZn

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
hi there, i was born with a caul back in 1980!

i have researched it a littler although there is not loads of info. My mother did not keep it as she was not too spiritual so it got binned.

i have recently got into the whole spiritual side of things and maybe i will come to realise i have some special powers!!!

i have in the past dreamt some things that have came true. like one time i dreamt a famous sports person would die in a helicopter crash and the next day "colin macrae" died in a helicopter crash (google it if you dont know who he is - hes a scottish rally driver - i am scottish too)

i have also dreamt once of all 6 lotto nembers and i played them the following saturday and got 3 out of 6. i thought this was luck and i never thought to play them again. 2 weeks later all 6 came out. true story, i would swear this on my daughters life.

many other dreams that have came true, mostly small things that i cant remember now.

although since starting meditation etc a few weeks ago i have had some really clear dreams. one of which showed 3 U.S. states actually becoming riotous and almost like anarchy in the streets - not sure what that meant, maybe it will happen!!!

also dreamt of a big earthquake in New Zealand happeneing in the next few weeks!!!

thats my story !! thanks for reading!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
hmmm ........... i realise that in the pre industrial era , when the facts of human physiology / anatomy were poorley understood - that people would attach special significance to such a rare event

but nowadays , can anyone give any sort of rational explaination of why it is significant ? or should be regarded as anything but a talking point ?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

my baby was born in Oct 08 with the veil and so far has been an absolute joy - placid and good natured. all that have come in to contact see something in her eyes - she has been here before.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join