It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Clear UFO Over Italy ***VIDEO***

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If real has to be one of the nicest, clearest UFO's I ever seen.
Doesnt appear to be CGI to me, that leaves only a toy/kite or a real UFO

ca.youtube.com...

Best still pic of video:

[edit on 1-1-2009 by TallWhites]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
looks kind of like it has an antenna or something on top of it

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I say remote controlled toy with cool chrome paint job. THeres an antenna sticking out the top of it. it seems pretty small. it doesn't seem to move very far like it's staying in the designated flight line for RC aircraft at a local airdrome, RC air park or whatever.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Until 3:31, there are absolutely no references in the video other than the object. We can’t compare it with anything in terms of size, speed, or even if it’s actually in the sky.

Then at 3:31 apparently there’s a plane and the respective trail in the background. The object now in question seems to be a little bit different than the one were previously seeing. The background (color of the sky?) has also slightly changed color. It honestly looks like a balloon at this point.

Then notice at 3:42 the object we were watching goes off camera, then comes back with a fading effect and disappears before our eyes, and then pops up again and the zoom in happens.

I’m leaning towards fake.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Maybe it's a remote controlled toy. But I think the "antenna" on the top is actually a lens reflection. If it is a toy, it's a pretty good one. It seems to be relatively stable, and doesn't flip end over end like a lot of mylar balloons.

The only sort of comparably stable saucer you can find on the Web are the GFS saucers that utilize the Coanda Effect. They're pretty stable, but they have a unique design that would be easy to spot. Specifically, the curved intake cone on the top and the lightweight, hollow body.

One thing that I don't like about the video is the clumsy attempt to have the thing "disappear" by shifting the camera quickly away from it. With nearly all of these kinds of videos, GCI or whatever, the hardest thing to do convincingly is the departure. Without a departure, the obvious question is, "Well, then what happened?" Running out of film was the old school way of doing it. Faking a low battery is a common way out these days. This one used a quick pan away from the object, with no follow-through. Come on. The thing zooms off to the left, and you don't bother to try and follow it?

"So long! My camera doesn't turn in that direction! Oops!"

Ehh...

Here's a mock stereo pair of the thing's underside, FWIW:

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thats happened to me also, something disappears quickly and I didnt see where it went so I cant track it.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sorry but I think it looks like something suspended on a thin wire! I think the aerial that has been mentioned several times is in fact the beginning of the wire. No offense but it does look fake.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
In relation to another object (looks tiny)

And I find it very cute that the aliens need an antenna on their ship

Which you can see here - the tip of it....its actually seen thruout the vid.

Looks like a toy to me

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Here's a mock stereo pair of the thing's underside, FWIW:

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Nohup]

Looks like the underside of Jeans popper button to me

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Looks like a toy to me

Great, a remote controlled toy.

Care to explain the propulsion system which keeps it suspended in mid air?

Now if you would have said "toy hanging from a wire" I would agree in a heartbeat.

Fake.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Looks like a toy to me

Now if you would have said "toy hanging from a wire" I would agree in a heartbeat.

Fake.

Um, no I cant, but I have seen plenty of RC UFOs....so it was a guess that is an antenna on top, rather then something attached to a wire.

I dont know what it is. I was just saying I think its a toy...whatever kind of toy it is.

*shrug*

[edit on 1/1/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

And I find it very cute that the aliens need an antenna on their ship

How else are they supposed to communicate with planet Zorkan???

I will admit though, the whole video looks too good to be true

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have an RC ufo, modified by my electrician uncle to be bright silver with pulsing lights. Use it to scare my neighbours

Seriously though, there is nothing in that video that indicates a large object. The maneuvers are easily performed by someone with a few hours practice with the controls of a remote, and the antenna is a dead giveaway.

I call fake

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I never trust any video that comes with a soundtrack. But that is me. Your standards may vary.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
very suspicious video...

looks like a flying ashtray

isn't this the same video ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Very clear indeed, however there is nor reference point, tree, building or mountain.

For a brief second you see a plane with a con-trail and as it starts going
left towards it and the plane and con-trail disappear. Then it seems that
the film cuts or the object goes out of frame then suddenly comes into
focus. Possible editing?!

An why the curious glow atop the object?! Something hoisting it?!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Fake.

A quick youtube search reveals quite a few different varieties of RC UFO's

Most seem to use a propeller system, it spins so fast it can appear to be solid, this could also explain why they backed the video with music, because these little propeller powered toys make a lot of noise

He's a good one

(Not saying THIS sort is whats in the youtube vid but it shows us a possible Propulsion system)

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Probably something like this but adapted...
www.bb-shopping.com...

Maybe. Maybe not.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
very suspicious video...
looks like a flying ashtray
isn't this the same video ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yep, same exact video. There’s also another video on that thread by the same guy.

I’m gradually more convinced it’s CGI.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The so-called antenna doesn't appear to be there all the time, leading me to thing that it's probably a lens flare effect.

Oddly enough, the object itself 'feels' like it's recessed into a ceiling, which just happens to be a similar color to the sky...? Recessed lighting fixture...? Air conditioning...?

It's that or, as 'Did you see them' said, a button popper. Either way, if it is CGI, the work was unnecessary

top topics

<<   2 >>

join