It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1976 Tehran, F-4 Phantom Chases UFO Case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by fleabit

Thanks for bumping this

Unfortunantly it will get buried under all the usual stuff on the boards these days, but it was fun researching and none of the skeptics have anything to actually disprove this event.

Nice to see Im still appreciated

Oz, you're certainly still appreciated mate

Here's a nice picture for your thread and a shameless bump

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
CAUS's Peter Gersten gives a good account of the description of events in the DIA Tehran documentation (starts around 1:15):

There's also a relevant 'Citizens Against UFO Secrecy' newsletter below which goes into more detail about the U.S. State Department documents describing UFO incidents in Morocco on the same day as the Tehran case and a pdf file copy of the NICAP UFO investigator here which makes for some pretty interesting reading.

A copy of an undated NICAP UFO Investigator was included with CAUS·Kay 8th appeal. The lead article of the Investigator, entitled "UFOs Force Government Action," indicates NICAP had access to the three documents CAUS is seeking.

The article quotes extensively from State Department documents describing UFO incidents in Morocco on the same evening (morning) as the now-famous Iranian incident, September 20.' 1976.

The NICAP publication also refers to a message sent by Henry Kissinger, then Secretary of State, to the Moroccan government in response to their query

PDF File

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Government UFO Document describing a message sent from the U.S. Embassy in Morocco to U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger about UFOs witnessed over different areas of the country on 19th of September, 1976 between 1:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m:

“SUBJECT: REQUEST FOR INFO, UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS”,

25 September 1976

(U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C.)

link

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Government UFO Document describing a message sent from the U.S. Embassy in Morocco to U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger about UFOs witnessed over different areas of the country on 19th of September, 1976 between 1:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m:

“SUBJECT: REQUEST FOR INFO, UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS”,

25 September 1976

(U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C.)

link

Ignore that one -looks like the cause of the Moroccan sightings was the ejected motor assembly of the Molniya rocket.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I was a teenager living in Tehran at the time the incident happened.I remember the news coverage and the documentary made a couple of months later left no doubt in anybody's mind that the pilots were actually encountering UFOs of some kind.A lot of people who witnessed the lights themselves ,first hand,say that they have had never seen anything like that before and that it wasn't a plane or a balloon or anything else man made.....Turkey and Greece also reported seeing the object at the same time....That was like a dream coming true for a startrek fan.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Very good presentation by Ron Regehr.

This stirring presentation involves the account of a major 1976 UFO incident in Iran involving several unknowns, attempted intercept by two Imperial Iranian Air Force F-4 aircraft and large numbers of civilian witnesses. It includes an analysis of the technical parameters of the UFO’s disabling mechanism that was used against the F-4s. The author presents U.S. Government documents corroborating the event and data showing that a U.S. DSP Satellite detected UFOs in this case, and the author’s mathematical proof that the DSP was capable of detecting the objects.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Great recent article from Kevin Randle with more information on witness testimony about the object from people on the ground.

kevinrandle.blogspot.com.es...

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OzWeatherman
reply to post by ziggystar60

Thats really interesting, but Im not sure about th validity of that one. One of the pilots that was involved in the incident is now a general in the Iranian airforce, and said nothing about that, and neither did the general in charge at the time.

Very interesting though, thanks

And if anyone can find anymore on that be sure to post it

Maybe he is not allowed to speak about due to the strict religious changes to Iran since the incident.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is a fantastic case, and one of the many cases that to me, tells me that governments are lying about what they say about ufos in public. A case that still has not been debunked. Yeah, we get the same old explanations like Venus, natural phenomena etc by people who just can't hold their hands up and say "I don't know "

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I think its a pretty solid sighting, but usually the old stand-by is "I dont know". You can check out Brian Dunning's page for skeptic side of things.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

I think its a pretty solid sighting, but usually the old stand-by is "I dont know". You can check out Brian Dunning's page for skeptic side of things.

Read that before. Very interesting read. There are a few cases out there that defy any explanation, or explanations put forward, pretty much ignores what the witnesses saw. Another great case is the coyne ufo case.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
I was a teenager living in Tehran at the time the incident happened.I remember the news coverage and the documentary made a couple of months later left no doubt in anybody's mind that the pilots were actually encountering UFOs of some kind.A lot of people who witnessed the lights themselves ,first hand,say that they have had never seen anything like that before and that it wasn't a plane or a balloon or anything else man made.....Turkey and Greece also reported seeing the object at the same time....That was like a dream coming true for a startrek fan.

I'm thinking this is Iran. 1970's. You don't have TV yet. Everybody lives in temples or improvised shelters reading Islamic texts. And how can you know about Star Trek. Iran censored everything, especially Star Trek.

How gullible do you think we're?
edit on 12/7/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

There are a few cases out there that defy any explanation, or explanations put forward, pretty much ignores what the witnesses saw. Another great case is the coyne ufo case.

Always been fascinated by the close range object description in this (and the Coyne) case mate - 'intensely brilliant with flashing blue, green, red and orange strobe lights in a rectangular arrangement' -also very intriguing that another 'object' was reported to have ejected from the original UFO and travelled around at a very high rate of speed before returning back into it - extremely interesting stuff.

originally posted by: jonnywhite

I'm thinking this is Iran. 1970's. You don't have TV yet. Everybody lives in temples or improvised shelters reading Islamic texts. And how can you know about Star Trek. Iran censored everything, especially Star Trek.

Iran in the 1970s before the Islamic Revolution

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I haven't posted on ATS in years and see that the truly ignorant and uneducated continue to reign supreme here. Now I remember why I left. Carry on then, kiddos.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Usually a case like this would get a long page going on the Randle blog, I know this case has been discussed ad nauseam, guess no one was up to going at it again.

Other than the Belgium case, not aware of any sightings where an object shoots out and returns to the UFO.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Seriously?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sounds to me like iran tangled with some snooping americans.

Often i wonder if non linear optics sciences can lead to metric engineering. If so you could make one hell of a defensive system. .. And other things.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Sounds to me like iran tangled with some snooping americans.

Often i wonder if non linear optics sciences can lead to metric engineering. If so you could make one hell of a defensive system. .. And other things.

You think the ufos were american?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Over terhan? Yes. It sounds like our technology to the letter. I wobt go into it but we got lots of cool stuff. Some hard to grasp if you dont understand the concepts behind them.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Over terhan? Yes. It sounds like our technology to the letter. I wobt go into it but we got lots of cool stuff. Some hard to grasp if you dont understand the concepts behind them.

I have said many times before, that ufo sightings can be a number of things, and secret militery projects and tech is def one of them.

Dont think people realise that the tech we have, is way more advanced than the stuff thst is out now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join