It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADD linked to TV viewing..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
To much Television viewing at a young age is linked to an increase chance for ADD.

www.suntimes.com...

I always knew that watching too much TV was bad for you.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Star Eagle]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This makes complete sense. Think, if 1/3 hours of primetime television is commercials, then obviously the program is being interrupted frequently by advertisements. This breaks concentration and numbs the viewer down to a state where they know they will be interrupted and thus concentration is less intense. Soon, you won't even concentrate on your television program and then habitually this translates over to the rest of the activities the viewer partakes in.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, television, through advertising destroys the ability to concentrate.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I read somewhere that nearly 1/3 of all americans have some degree of AD.........What was I just saying?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I read somewhere that nearly 1/3 of all americans have some degree of AD.........What was I just saying?

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Interesting! I wish the article had provided a link to the original research, though.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nah, I have a sivere case of it, sometimes I cant even read books it gets so bad. I diddn't watch much TV as a kid. Pokemon and Beavis and butthead that's about it. Insite may have a point though.
I've got a whole mess of disorders though. Tourette Syndrome, OCD, and some sort of anger issues I saw a psyciatrist for today.

new topics

top topics

join