It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Correlations Between the Antichrist and the Islamic Mahdi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I created this chart to summarize all the points I have mentioned in the above brief introductory material and the above numbered in depth sourced material concerning the similarities between the Antichrist and the Mahdi. I believe my research partner has a few more things he'd like to add and then we will begin on the comparisons between the False Prophet of Christianity and Isa of Islam. Please feel free to U2U me in the case you have any questions on the material posted so far.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
RESEARCH: A FRESH LOOK AT THE ANTICHRIST/MAHDI

The Assyrian Lamassu Winged Lion

"O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation. I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets." (Is 10:5-6)

The purpose of the tribulation period is to cause Israel to repent of denying their messiah Jesus Christ when he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey on the exact day the prophet Daniel told them he would. It’s going to be a hard lesson. Zechariah gives us a numeric ratio of the Jewish people that will be purged.

"And it will come about in all the land," Declares the Lord, "That two parts in it will be cut off and perish; But the third will be left in it. And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, 'They are My people,' And they will say, 'The Lord is my God.'" (Zechariah 13:8-9)

Therefore, we learn that two-thirds of Israel will be purged through the fire of the tribulation, leaving the one-third elect who will be converted to Jesus as their Messiah. This holocaust will be even more ghastly than the first! The Bible says Jesus will respond when the survivors earnestly seek him. This was prophesied by Hosea,

"I [Jesus Christ] will return again to My place Till they acknowledge their offense. Then they will seek My face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.”" (Ho 5:15)

I believe this is reflective of Christ ascension at the conclusion of his first coming. After the horror of the tribulation, Israel acknowledges their offense of not recognizing him the first time. Thus, "all Israel will be saved"; just as it is written,

'The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will remove ungodliness from Jacob. And this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins'" (Romans 11:26-27).

Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream

“You, O king, were watching; and behold, a great image! This great image, whose splendor was excellent, stood before you; and its form was awesome. This image’s head was of fine gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of clay. (Da 2:31-33)

We normally tend to equate the Roman Empire with Western Europe, and there have been many "end times" theories involving Rome, the Vatican, and the rise of the European Union. The traditional view of the statue is that the ten toes represent a ten nation confederacy of the revived Roman Empire. When Greece joined as the tenth nation in the EU, all the prophecy scholars said,”We've got the tenth toe!” Then the 11th toe came, the 12th...

The traditional view has largely been frustrated as many additional nations have joined the EU. What has been overlooked until recently is the fact that the Roman Empire had an eastern leg that, in fact, survived the western leg by a thousand years! In A.D. 284, Emperor Diocletian divided the Empire into two legs exactly as Daniel had predicted nine centuries earlier. My research efforts strongly suggest that the coming world leader, commonly called the Antichrist or Imam Mahdi, will emerge from the region of the eastern leg of the Roman Empire.

Byzantium, the eastern leg of the divided Roman empire

Now consider the remarkable overlap with the ancient land of Assyria.

The ancient nation of Assyria

Assyria occupied portions of modern day Iraq, Iran, Syria, and Turkey. A most fruitful region for the emergence of the Imam Mahdi or Antichrist, depending on ones faith.

When Arabs and Islam swept through the Middle East in 630 A.D., they encountered 600 years of Assyrian Christian civilization, with a rich heritage, a highly developed culture, and advanced learning institutions. It is this civilization which became the foundation of the Arab civilization.
www.aina.org...

The Assyrian: part II

Recalling my earlier post referring to the Antichrist as "the Assyrian". In Micah chapter 5 we identified the future ruler of Israel as Jesus Christ. We can positively identify this is speaking of Jesus because of the amazing fact that Micah knew he would be born in Bethlehem Ephrathah some 700 years in advance!

“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old, From everlasting.”" (Mic 5:2)

Our study of dispensations tells us this refers to the 2nd coming, the millennial reign - as Jesus first coming was as a servant - not a ruler. Knowing that and following Micah to verse five and six we saw that the Jesus would “deliver us [Israel] from the Assyrian”(v6) who had “tread in our palaces”(v5). Because we know from the basic eschatological time line that Jesus will overthrow the Antichrist immediately prior to his reign, it follows that the Assyrian spoken of is none other than the Antichrist.

In addition from verse six of Micah five we discovered that Assyria was the “land of Nimrod” the very first type of the Antichrist who originated the beast system in Babel. Quite to my amazement in the process of this research I have discovered a nugget overlooked by the majority of commentators, we have another name for Nimrod!

"And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah," (Ge 10:10-11)

From the context of this verse as the King James translates it appears that Asshur went forth from Shinar to build Nineveh. A translation that the Ancient Hebrew translators of the Septuagint version agreed with

Out of that land came Assur, and built Ninevi, and the city Rhooboth, and Chalach, Gen 10:11 LXX

Asshur as a name means Assyrian. Implying that Moses actually referred to Nimrod as “the Assyrian”.

אַשּׁוּר [’Ashshuwr, ’Ashshur /ash•shoor/] n pr m loc. Apparently from 833 (in the sense of successful); TWOT 176; GK 855; 151 occurrences; AV translates as “Assyria” 118 times, “Assyrian” 19 times, “Asshur” eight times, “Assyrian + 1121” five times, and “Assur” once. 1 the second son of Shem, eponymous ancestor of the Assyrians. 2 the people of Assyria. 3 the nation, Assyria. 4 the land, Assyria or Asshur.
Strong's Lexicon

I think this next reference is by far the most stunning. I would ask the reader to recall the book of Exodus, when the nation of Israel first moved to Egypt due to a famine in the land. Jacob’s son Joseph had achieved the rank of prime minister, basically second in charge of the kingdom of Egypt, due to his faithful stewardship. Many years later there rose a king that “knew not Joseph” who put the Israelites into slavery. Did you ever wonder why the king didn’t know anything about Joseph? Now practicing some hermeneutics, we get an interesting clue from Stephen in Acts chapter 7,

Then another king, who knew nothing about Joseph, became ruler of Egypt. He dealt treacherously with our people and oppressed our forefathers by forcing them to throw out their newborn babies so that they would die. (Acts 7:18-19)

Fortunately, the precise Greek in the New Testament has 2 forms for the word “another” the form used in “another king” is the hetero form implying that it was "another king" of a different kind. In other words, he was not an Egyptian! Now the stunning insight I have been alluding to is in Isaiah chapter 52:4

For thus saith the Lord GOD, My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause. (Is 52:4)

Yes, the famous pharaoh that oppressed the ancient Hebrews is also called “the Assyrian”!

continued...

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What I am getting at is “the Assyrian” is a title that started with Nimrod, carried through to Pharaoh and all the way to the future Antichrist/Mahdi. Although I see a strong connection in the geography appearing, I am not necessarily speaking of person of Assyrian descent. It is not a racial issue. To the contrary, the Assyrian nation was largely a Christian population when the genocidal conquest of the Muslim jihad all but eradicated them in the 19th century.

In the aftermath of the horrible massacre by the Ottoman Sultan Abdul-Hamid in 1894-1896, which claimed thousands of Assyrians, the Assyrians were unable to heal their wounds because the direst time of their entire history on earth, their genocide, was waiting like an angel of death at the door. www.nineveh.com...

Again, I don’t think it necessarily has anything to do with race, but a “type” or spirit. I believe the scripture is speaking of “the Assyrian” more as typologically defined title. A title defined as a dominating world leader that Satan sets up to obstruct the purposes of God mainly by inflicting destruction and genocide upon Israel. This is certainly the mission of the Imam Mahdi of Islam. Ashley has done an excellent job establishing that we are speaking of the same man. Considering Islam’s roots in Babylonian moon god worship, could it be that this final world dictator will be, in some sense, a return of Nimrod?

Nimrod?

"There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition." (Re 17:10-11)

He “was” means he lived in the past. He “is not” means he is dead when John wrote the prophecy. He will be the eighth king but he is one of the seven kings implying he was a king in the past. This strange verse seems to support the conjecture that the return of our typological Assyrian, who has been brooding in the depths of the pit, might even be the return of Nimrod himself!

Imam Mahdi

Astonishingly this also applies to the Imam Mahdi. He is said to have existed and then gone into Occultation, soon to reappear!

According to the last letter of al-Mahdi to Ali ibn Muhammad al-Samarri "from the day of your death [the last deputy] the period of my major occultation (al ghaybatul kubra) will begin. Hence forth, no one will see me, unless and until Allah makes me appear."Another view is that the Hidden Imam is on earth "among the body of the Shia" but "incognito." "Numerous stories" exist of the Hidden Imam "manifesting himself to prominent members of the ulama."
en.wikipedia.org...

So the Mahdi "was" and now "is not" but will come again.

"The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is." (Re 17:8)

At this stage of the research there is far too much agreement for there to be any doubt that the Antichrist and Mahdi are one and the same.

Nimrod

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
PART TWO: ISA VS. THE FALSE PROPHET

NOTE: Remember, to avoid confusion, we'll use the name 'Jesus' when referring to Christianity and 'Isa' when referring to the Islamic version of Jesus.

There are many similarities between Isa of Islam and the false prophet of Christianity. Both are said to be the 'support figure' for the Antichrist and Mahdi. Both are chief figures in the end time government but they are secondary to the Antichrist and Mahdi.

COMPARISON 1: SUPPORTIVE FIGURE

The False Prophet as the Supportive Figure.

We previously showed how the Antichrist was the 'beast out of the sea' but not we see that the false prophet is described as 'the beast out of the earth.'

Then I saw another beast coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.

www.biblegateway.com...:11-12&version=31

Two highly significant clues are in the above passage. One, we see the false prophet as being subordinate to the first beast, the Antichrist, and that the false prophet acts on his behalf. But there is imagery there that should have slapped us all in the face. And that is, he looks like a lamb but speaks like a dragon.

We know Jesus is described as the Lamb of God. This passage seems to give us a clue that this 'impersonator' will be acting like 'the Lamb' (Jesus) but his actions will prove he is anything but Jesus. This could very well be a hidden clue to show the end times false prophet is an impostor of Jesus.

We will analyze that more in depth shortly but first let's see more enforcement of the false prophet for the Antichrist:

He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

www.biblegateway.com...:15;&version=31;

Isa as the Supportive Figure.

Then in Islam we see Isa appear on the scene and just like the false prophet, he will lead many to the religion of the Mahdi:

When Isa returns he will personally correct the misrepresentations and misinterpretations about himself. He will affirm the true message that he brought in his time as a prophet, and that he never claimed to be the Son of God. Furthermore, he will reaffirm in his second coming what he prophesied in his first coming bearing witness to the seal of the Messengers, Prophet Muhammad. In his second coming many non-Muslims will accept Jesus as a servant of Allah Almighty, as a Muslim and a member of the Community of Muhammad.

-Kabbani, p. 237

We've already mentioned how the Mahdi will supposedly discover texts to 'prove' the Jewish and Christian faiths have been corrupted. This lines right up with what Isa is foretold to do: Clarify misconceptions to his identity and teachings and they are known and understood in Christianity.

The above then reveals Isa comes to 'evangelize' for Islam just like the false prophet of Christianity comes to evangelize for the end times false religion.

Also, Isa turns down any role of leadership and offers his submission to the Mahdi:

Isa will decline the offer and invitation of Imam Mahdi to come and the Muslims in prayer. He will say his prayer behind Imam Mahdi.

Isa will come and will perform the obligatory prayers behind the Mahdi and follow him. He will be following the Mahdi, the master of time.

-Veliankode, p.350 and Ayatullah Baqir Al-Sadr and Ayatullah Murtada Mutahari, the Awaited Savior, p.3

[edit on 1/28/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
COMPARISON 2: CONVERSION AS THE ONLY OPTION

The False Prophet as Executioner.

Similar to the above passage cited, here it is again with an additional verse:

Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

www.biblegateway.com...:14-15&version=31

We see the false prophet set up an image of the first beast, the Antichrist. This could very well possibly be a reference to the 'abomination of desolation' in the same manner Antiochus Epiphanes committed the 'abomination of desolation' by erecting a statue of Zeus and sacrificing a pig on the alter in the Jewish temple during the B.C. era.

Nothing is certain yet but we do clearly see the false prophet killing those who do not convert to Islam.

We also see the possible method of the slaughter in the form of beheading:

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

www.biblegateway.com...:4;&version=31;

We'll focus more on the relation of beheading to Islam in a future section but the connection should be somewhat obvious to the reader. One thing is very sure: We know the false prophet will be in charge of the executions of non converts.

Isa as Executioner.

Likewise, Isa will offer no options to the inhabitants of earth other than to convert or die. A sharia law currently in existence is known as the 'Jizya tax.' This is a tax Christians, Jews, and other non Muslims can pay in order to continue their own religion and customs under Islamic governments.

However, Isa will repeal this tax which means no one will have the option to 'live and let live' under Islamic law. Everyone will now be required to submit without any 'opt-out' plan like the Jizya tax currently provides.

After the tax is voided, we see the only options Isa will provide:

Isa, the son of Mary, will son descend among the Muslims as a just judge. Isa will therefore judge according to the law of Islam. All people will be required to embrace Islam and there will be no alternative.

-Sideeque MA Veliankode, Portents and Prophecies, p.358

And:

The time and place for the tax is before the final descent of Isa. After his final coming, nothing but Islam will be accepted from them for taking the tax is only effective until Isa's descent

-Ahmad ibn Naquib al-Misri, A Classic Manuel of Islamic Sacred Law, p. 603

So once Isa comes, just like the false prophet, he, too, will take away all options except to follow the religion of Islam.

Connecting this with the abolishment of the tax, we also see:

You shall fight back against those who do not believe in GOD, nor in the Last Day, nor do they prohibit what GOD and His messenger have prohibited, nor do they abide by the religion of truth - among those who received the scripture - until they pay the due tax, willingly or unwillingly.

-Qur'an 9;29

[edit on 1/28/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
COMPARING THE FOUNDERS

I would like to start this post with a few words from Reverend James L. Barton, the Foreign Secretary of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions.

The Character of the Founder

No religion can lay claim to perfection in whose founder so much imperfection exists. The life of Mohammed as written and taught by Mohammedans makes the fact of his defects in character patent to the world. It would be an alleviating feature if these moral lapses were condemned, or even concealed. Instead of this, everything said or done by the prophet became permissible for his followers and often mandatory. A study of the Koran and traditions but reveal the true character of Mohammed as sensual, cruel, ambitious, inconsistent, and untruthful, putting the Moslem state above religion and making plunder and violence the weapons of faith.

In a religion that puts its founder at the very center of its teaching and practice, the significance of his defective character is greatly enhanced. The tendency to exalt if not to deify Mohammed among some modern Moslem sects, and his universal exaltation as the supreme head of the faith, reveal the fact that, at its very source, Islam is corrupted, and so, from the beginning, its influence has been, in many of its leading features, and must continue to be evil rather than good.

The Christian Approach to Islam, by James L. Barton, Pilgrim Press 1918, Chapter XI (pages 167-168).

A knee jerk reaction to the above excerpt might be that it is right wing retaliation for the recent Islamic terrorism in the west. That would agree with human nature, yet I respectfully refer the reader of that opinion to the source reference. That was written in 1918 when no such post 9/11 bias existed and its truth can demonstrated with ample evidence from Islamic literature.

Founder of Christianity: Jesus

Jesus was born in the town of Bethlehem most likely in the month of June, 2 BC. The name Jesus comes from transliterating the Greek word Ίησους (Iēsous) which comes from the original Hebrew Yeshua which literally means "Yahweh is salvation". His full name would be Jesus of Nazareth.

Prologue: A Sinful Woman part 1

Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?” This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear. So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.”
(Jn 8:3-7)

The Man

As a man on earth, Jesus Christ was sinless, celibate, healed the sick, raised the dead, fed the hungry, worked miracles with thousands of witnesses, taught that you should love your enemies, laid down his life for the sins of others and triumphantly rose from the dead so that all people might have forgiveness of sins through relationship with him during this waning age of grace. He is God incarnate. Whether one accepts that truth or not is immaterial, for if one accepts the standard that the character of a religion is projected by the character of its founder, and I cannot imagine a more impartial standard of comparison, then the distinction between good and evil is utterly clear. The lines are drawn and it is time to run the comparative gauntlet.

Epilogue

The conspicuously empty tomb of Jesus The Garden Tomb

Founder of Islam: Muhammad

Muhammad was born around the year 570 AD in the city of Mecca, Arabia. Muhammad's full name was Abu al-Qasim Muhammad Ibn Abd Allah Ibn Abd al-Muttalib Ibn Hashim. His name means "highly praised."

Prologue: A Sinful Woman part 2

There came to him (the Holy Prophet) a woman from Ghamid and said: Allah's Messenger, I have committed adultery, so purify me. He (the Holy Prophet) turned her away. On the following day she said: Allah's Messenger, Why do you turn me away? Perhaps, you turn me away as you turned away Ma'iz. By Allah, I have become pregnant. He said: Well, if you insist upon it, then go away until you give birth to (the child). When she was delivered she came with the child (wrapped) in a rag and said: Here is the child whom I have given birth to. He said: Go away and suckle him until you wean him. When she had weaned him, she came to him (the Holy Prophet) with the child who was holding a piece of bread in his hand. She said: Allah's Apostle, here is he as I have weaned him and he eats food. He (the Holy Prophet) entrusted the child to one of the Muslims and then pronounced punishment. And she was put in a ditch up to her chest and he commanded people and they stoned her. Khalid b Walid came forward with a stone which he flung at her head and there spurted blood on the face of Khalid and so he abused her.

Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 17: Number 4206

The Man

In stunning contrast to Jesus, Muhammad’s marauding jihads, penchant for prepubescent girls and numerous wives are so well documented as to be considered common knowledge. I will offer a few points from the Quran.

Muhammad was not represented as sinless, he was told to ask for forgiveness:

Then have patience (O Muhammad). Lo! the promise of Allah is true. And ask forgiveness of thy sin, and hymn the praise of thy Lord at fall of night and in the early hours.
Sura 40:55

He was doubted by his own people because he never performed a single miracle and was considered a regular man:

And naught prevented mankind from believing when the guidance came unto them save that they said: Hath Allah sent a mortal as (His) messenger ?
Sura 17:94

Not to mention he did not die for anyone and no personal relationship with him is offered or possible. There is no equivalent of the golden rule and no teaching on forgiveness of anyone, let alone your enemies.

In stark juxtaposition to Jesus life as celibate wandering teacher, Muhammad was quite a ladies’ man. In spite of the Quran’s teaching that a man should only take a maximum of four wives, Muhammad had sixteen official wives and six “unofficial” as well.

Muhammad's Wives:

1. Khadija
2. Sawda
3. Aesah (8 or 9 years old)
4. Omm Salama
5. Hafsa
6. Zaynab (originally Jahsh's, Muhammad's adopted son's wife.)
7. Jowayriya
8. Omm Habiba
9. Safiya
10. Maymuna (of Hareth)
11. Fatima
12. Hend
13. Asma (of Saba)
14. Zaynab (of Khozayma)
15. Habla
16. Asma (of Noman)
17. Mary (the Coptic Christian; chose to remain a slave rather than convert.)
18. Rayhana
19. Omm Shank
20. Maymuna
21. Zaynab (a 3rd one)
22. Khawla

Muhammad’s convenient exemption aside, according to the Quran it’s acceptable have sex with slave girls also:

"If ye fear that ye shall not be Able to deal justly with the orphans, many women of your choice, two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with them, then only one, or a captive that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice"
Sura (4:3)

I could continue but I feel like I am beating a dead horse. The politically correct myth that Christianity and Islam are pointing to the same deity thus morally equivalent is completely shattered by the stark contrast in the character of the founders and the scriptures of both religions support it.

Epilogue

The conspicuously occupied grave of Muhammad in Mecca.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
COMPARISON 3: THE IMPOSTOR JESUS

The Warning From Jesus of an Impostor

The author of Revelation warns about the end times false prophet and describes him as having 'two horns like a lamb but speaking like a dragon.' But even prior to this Jesus issues the following warning in Matthew:

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

www.biblegateway.com...:15&version=31

Of course Jesus is referring to false prophets in general while John of Revelation is more specific to the end times individual. But taken collectively, we see a prophecy to the end times false prophet who will appear to be a lamb but is really a wolf, dragon, and impostor.

Of course we all know this is heavily symbolic as Jesus is equated with a lamb in the New Testament as well as early Christian writings. See: John 1:36 and Revelation 5:13. Another warning from Jesus:

Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

www.biblegateway.com...:4-5;&version=31;

There will most definitely be many false Christs and false prophets but with cross referencing we will see they will also come in His name. And the one in Revelation is specifically described as having the appearance of a lamb. This leads many to believe there will be an impostor Jesus during the end times.

What also must be noted is the above passage in full context reveals Jesus is specifically answering the apostles' questions regarding the signs of the end of the age and what to look for with caution. The 'false prophets' that come in His name is the first thing Jesus mentions which leads me to beleive this warning is of extreme importance and highly symbolic.

The Jesus Claimant of Islam

Likewise, in Islamic eschatology we see someone who claims to be Jesus appear on the scene. However, his behavior and actions are not anything like the Christian faith knows about Jesus.

Unlike Jesus who pointed all attention to God, Isa will point all attention to the Mahdi. Unlike Jesus who is to appear to all men in full glory, Isa comes as a man and makes his appearance in human form in Damascus. While Jesus founded Christianity, Isa will make Christianity illegal. While Jesus taught peace, Isa will execute Christians and Jews. While Jesus fulfilled the law, Isa comes to institute Sharia law, etc.

As opposite as they are, Isa will still present himself as Jesus, 'the Lamb' but actions expose him as being an agent of 'the dragon.'

Isa, the son of Mary will descend and will lead them judging among them according to the holy Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad.

-Veliankode, p.351

Isa will descend from heaven and espouse the cause of the Mahdi. The Christians and the Jews will see him and recognize his true status. The Christians will abandon their faith in his godhead.

-Al-Sadr and Mutahhari, p. 3

We also see the belief that Isa will 'break the cross' in a possible effort to debunk the belief he was crucified, which of course, according to Islam He never was (regardless of the fact His crucifixion is documented by early historians).

The prophet said: There is no prophet between me and him, that is, Isa. He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizya. All will perish all religions but Islam.

-Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 37, Number 4310.

Conclusion

So we see in the Christian texts a warning of an impostor at the end times and sure enough Islam teaches their version of 'Jesus,' known as Isa, will return at the end and act completely opposite of everything Christians know and believe regarding the character and identity of Jesus. They are similar in name only.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The Isa of Islam is not the Jesus of the bible. The Isa character is a wooden cutout of Jesus forcibly hammered into Muhammad's crudely crafted work of carpentry known as Islam. As I revealed in my previous post tracing the origins of Islam, Mecca was a trading post where the young Muhammad was exposed to Christians and Jews. He simply drew upon his own vague, often misguided, perceptions of Judeo-Christian beliefs in an attempt to accommodate them into his scheme. A scheme to repackage Arabian paganism into a monotheistic form - to assimilate Arabs, Jews and Christians under his power- while keeping the occult icons such as the crescent moon and the black stone fetish at the ka'abah. While this scheme has failed to fool those who know their scriptures, it has largely succeeded with the gullible who believe its the same god. The contrast is as clear as night and day. The Bible and Quran speak for themselves.

Just a few of many such examples...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Ash & BigWhammy,
Fantastic job on this tremendous piece of work here.

BW, even though you stated that you wanted to support Ash's effort; I think that it is great that you give us more things to consider.

The Word suggests that we test all things...
Great job, guys.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join