It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel kills Hamas leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.jpost.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">

It seems that Israel is not just hitting back but intends to put Hamas out of business for good. I'm only hoping it can be done quickly to cut the suffering of the innocents but this will be hard when the fighters hide among the people.

The sooner Hamas is eliminated the sooner peace can take place. Keep in mind - Israel is attacking HAMAS targets. I have no hope for peace while Hamas is in control, if they are overthrown maybe a new leadership can broker a peace process between the Palestinians and Israel.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

Sorry for the broken link!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
www.jpost.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">

It seems that Israel is not just hitting back but intends to put Hamas out of business for good. I'm only hoping it can be done quickly to cut the suffering of the innocents but this will be hard when the fighters hide among the people.

The sooner Hamas is eliminated the sooner peace can take place. Keep in mind - Israel is attacking HAMAS targets. I have no hope for peace while Hamas is in control, if they are overthrown maybe a new leadership can broker a peace process between the Palestinians and Israel.

You are thinking with an American mindset; the rugged individualist. MOST of the world is deeply ingrained with 'community'. If you were to go to a Muslim Mosque, you would see some of that while praying, side by side, touching, those also there, and praying the same words. Strong identification. There ARE no Palestinians who are not thinking and acting like reasonable people who do not fire off rockets and blow themselves up. Their SOCIETY thinks that way. Also, the surrounding Arab countries will not generally take Palestinian refugees, because they also despise Palestinians. The Palestinians had the chance to set up their own government, but when they did, they were terrorist groups. Because their SOCIETY is a terrorist group. They also, cannot conceive of Americans as being anything other than our owners in Washington. Whatever our owners do, like assasinations and setting up friendly governments, to them, that is us. Sometimes, a wise leader there says they know we are not all bad like our owners, but they need to destroy our owners. And then they will impose Sharia law on us, and make us all Muslim under the newly returned Imam al Mahdi. World domination has been the ultimate goal of Islam since the time of the Crusades, and is in the Koran. Turn or we shall cut your head off, (or just blow it up)

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Gregarious]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

I agree with you completely. Yes, I am probably letting my American mindset show a little more than I intended!

At the end of the day I think we all wish for peace in the middle east BUT I don't see a peaceful resolution with Hamas in charge. My point being that I feel Hamas can be viewed as a political party dictating Palestinian policy. Eliminate this and MAYBE a peaceful party may be bargained with.

We could have never brokered a peace deal with Germany with the Nazis in charge-

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

The Nazis and Hitler were steering the thinking of the entire German population, with a few exceptions. The whole COUNTRY was the culprit. In the same way, the whole Muslim world is being steered by the religious mindset, and it is not just a single person or a 'party'. True, there are Muslim subsets, such as She-ite or Sunni that think differently from each other, and there are one or two that are not terrorists, but the Fundamentalists or the ones who hold to the Koran and the traditional teachings, they are terrorists. Putting in another leader, or killing a few, makes no difference. You have to eliminate that entire Islamic mindset, leaving only the peaceful, or wishywashy Muslims. The trueblue Muslims are terrorists. And it does not depend on what an individual thinks, it is what does that SOCIETY he lives in think? There is no individual thought, no individual rights, nothing but groupthink. The 'criminals' are not specific unsatified insurgents, it is a society. It is not America.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Great, another piece of crap of the face of the Earth.

I dont condone Israels attack on Gaza, or Hamas' suicide bombings and rocket attacks on Israel, but its about time they finally killed someone who they had been targetting

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

I feel soooo much for all that are killed - No matter what the circumstances, life is life! I wish there could be an easy solution but pray, that is not the case.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

I agree with you as far as the bigger picture of the Muslim mindset, but Hamas is who Israel is fighting, not the entire Muslim religion. There has at times been some semblance of peace within Israel between the Israelis and the Palestinians BUT that can never happen with Hamas in charge.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
How about looking at the polkitical affiliations here...Israel isn't againt the Palestinians as a people, but against their democratically elected government....the question is, if Hamas is eradicated by military force, who will govern in the aftermath?

Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party has been very quiet and out of the media...could this be a collusion between Fatah and the Knesset to put Abbas on the 'throne' to be a compliant proxy for the US/Israeli governments?

I'm convinced that in time to come there will be a spectacular MSM announcement of a 'new' oil find and a deal to lease the oil/gas rights lying just off the Gazan coastline

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join