It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible End Time is Islam

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I would like to make a few things clear for people on this thread. First, the Crescent moon and star do not represent Allah, They were implemented by the Ottoman Turks, and I believe they are byzantine in origin. This was well after the time of the prophet Mohammad, and has only become synonymous with Islam in the last few centuries. Furthermore, the Islamic states which use this on their flag are very few. Secondly, another poster stated that Muslims are not told to seek Truth, whereas Christians are. I'd like to say that this is untrue. Yes, the Quran is perfect, but in the Quran there are many meanings ex. the literal, the metaphoric, the esoteric. And Allah, God, Yahweh, etc. tells us Muslims to never accept things at face value and always strive for the Truth in all things.

I know I am a rare specimen in the Islamic faith. I read the Quran, the Bible, Torah I ascribe to the belief that humans are all psychic, and that God is Love. Also, that God is within us all, and though we are not God, we can strive to reach human perfection. I meditate, and try to enhance my chakras. Not what you would call a conventional Muslim by any means. I was born Muslim and will always be a Muslim. But Im also aware that each worships in his/her own way.

I say that my Muslim and Christian and Jewish brethren are completely missing the spiritual aspects of these holy tomes brought down to us divinely, and have lost the true focus of what our prophets intended us to learn. Be they Son of God, or plain Human, or Illiterate merchant. It matters not what they were, but how they acted, what they taught. I think people have missed the point, and I think that people don't accept that each can worship God in their own way, and instead of focusing on their neighbours salvation, they should focus on their own. And it is a neverending journey, so there is no having time afterwards to worry about their neighbour. you have yourself to worry about.

And as for Muslims nowadays, I personally think the Prophet would be ashamed of most. The Quran implicitly states in a manner not open to further interpretation, that it is not on us but on God to decide who is going where and experiencing what. And it states multiple times that it is NOT just Muslims who will experience heaven, but people of all creeds and even then not many will get in at first. This includes Muslims, not all muslims are going at first. And furthermore everyone will be raised from damnation and taken to heaven. That is Gods Love.

Not to be off topic here, I would like to address a few things concerning the mahdi. The mahdi never appears in the Quran. NEVER. Not once. Nor is the dajjal(anti-christ) mentioned directly. only once in an offhand manner. And not by name, by indirect reference. The only thing involving the mahdi, is prophet mohammads' sunnah. BTW, Sunni's believe 100% in the Mahdi, he is not coming just for Shiaas, the guy who posted that info is wrong. Allah told us that the Injil( Bible) is Divine. Therefore all revelations and prophecy are Gods Word. There is no need to speak of End Times Events, other than signs of Qyamah (Judgment Day) in the Qur'an because its already in the Bible. If you look at the OT and then the Qur'an, its about the same thing. Except one is for Isaacs people and one is for Ismail. Isaacs people deviated so God sent to them Jesus. After God put Isaacs people in good order and gave to them Christianity, it was time to focus on Ismails descendants. It was told in the OT that Ismail would have a great nation bestowed upon him as well, because he too was of the seed of Abraham. (those of you inclined towards believing in occult symbolism and TPTB "informing"us through movies, take a look at a macauly caulkin movie from the nineties, The Good Son, see what you can see
) I myself can see how we all fit together in this beautiful picture. Anyone who would like to discuss this further, please contact me at Email Address Removed

Peace. Love. Understanding.

Mod Edit: Personal information removed.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

So not only do you have the blood feud returning to the Jews at the end time.. but these people are also slaves to the "god" that is the Jews enemy.
[edit on 1-1-2009 by VinceP1974]

[edit on 1-1-2009 by VinceP1974]

I tend, as a nonreligious person, to stay out of these threads, but for some reason, here I am. I just thought that I would point out that the Palestinians have a problem with Zionists not because they're Jews, but because they took their homes. With sanction from the West, of course. Which probably doesn't make it any cooler to them.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
LOVE is the answer. Do you think God would want anyone in "heaven" with the animosity and hatred I see in some of the posts here? I see people putting blame on others for the situations they are in. This is not the way to be. Religions teach that if you do not believe as is written then you are wrong. Only Satan revels in mankind bickering and fighting over ideology.

Have respect for differnces of opinion but don't say your opinions are better than someone elses or that yours are right and theirs are wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thank you for an honest opinion about the state of the 3 major religions. I have studied the Torah and The Bibile, but not the Koran. When I have thought about it, in a book store, no copy is available. But I will find a translantion that I can read, and comapre. Can you make a suggestion as to which translation might be best?
Thanks again.
This is a good thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage Khan
reply to post by John Matrix

What exactly is an evil thought? Oh wait there is no such thing as an evil thought.

That which seeks to harm. Thoughts are energy. There are harmful thoughts. Harmful thoughts are evil. They manifest in the outer world in such things as envy, strife, wrath, murders, prejudice, hatred, bitterness, vengeance, vindictiveness, confusion, selfishness: need I go on?

[edit on 2-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is very good! If you want a little more insight, go to castmycrown.blogspot.com... . This definitely backs up your research and gives a whole lot more on End Times Prophecy.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

reply to anonymous post - 'posted on 2-1-2009 @ 07:47 PM'

Assalamu Alaikum!

Excellant post! I became a Muslim convert maybe 13 years ago, though am not a practicing muslim now. You've portrayed Islam and it's concepts in a great way. Furthermore, you have re-iterated something i've been saying here for weeks... That Islam doesn't say it's way is the only way. And Christianity, and Judaism are inextricably linked to Islam. whether one recoqnises it or not.

Star for your post. And, as one person wrote in this thread, ATS is meant to be about denying ignorance, folks should look at their views, and realise they are still puppets of others agenda, via the media.

Take care
Wayne

[edit on 2-1-2009 by reiki]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Removed

[edit on 2-1-2009 by JasonT]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
LOVE is the answer. Do you think God would want anyone in "heaven" with the animosity and hatred I see in some of the posts here? I see people putting blame on others for the situations they are in. This is not the way to be. Religions teach that if you do not believe as is written then you are wrong. Only Satan revels in mankind bickering and fighting over ideology.

Have respect for differnces of opinion but don't say your opinions are better than someone elses or that yours are right and theirs are wrong.

You are correct. The Spirit of Love is an immutable eternal will to all that is good, honorable, and just. Love can only rejoice in itself because nothing evil exists in it and all evil is at enmity to it. All that religion can do is either point one to the Spirit of Love, or away from it. But when the Spirit of Love comes, it brings freedom from religion, old ways are done away with and everything becomes new.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

Excellent post. Star and flag! But I think you forgot something. It is said that an army will attack Israel from the north. If you lay out a map, you find that Moscow lies due north of Israel, leading me to believe that it may the the army of Gog and Maygog. It would not be unreasonable, due to Russian influence, especially during the Soviet era, to assume that the calvary discribed in Revelaton could be Mongols, since they are among the world's greatest horsemen, even in this day and time. And Revelation does describe and army of horseman crossing the Euphrates river at the point where it has dried up.
I had never considered the Muslim angle on the end tims before. Thanks for the head up.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JasonT

I guess you did not read the Anon poster a few posts above you. Sad really, because he built up a nice view of Islam, that even has me thinking about the religion . . . as in looking into it. And you just cam and ripped that up.

Nice going!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

There is no "best" copy of the Qur'an. However, if you truly want to more clearly understand the teachings of the Qur'an, I would recommend multiple translations, as there has been a lot of editing depending on the purpose of the translator.

I would suggest at least four of the following translations:
Amed Ali
Pikthal
Noble by Muhsin Khan
Yusef Ali
Shair

These are easily ordered and obtained.

But don't forget to study the Sirat Rasul Allah, writings of al-Tabari, and of Sahih Al-Bukhari.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Removed.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I found your post extremely fascinating. I also practice Meditation (Chakras and all that), and practice Islam. I'm constantly learning, but I'm not sure how you manage to have such patience when replying to the various posts in this thread since I feel like going crazy over some of the idiotic remarks that people post, lol.

If you could make a proper Member ID for these forums, that would be great, since I'd like to know your thoughts about various things.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That is absolutely false. The moon-god symbols have been found by archaeologist dated long before Muhammed was even born, in Arabia.

The Sumerians worshipped a moon-god who was called many names, including Nanna, Suen, and Asimbabbar. This moon-god's symbol oddly, was the crescent moon. The moon-god was the most popular religion to the Assyrians and Babylonians. The Akkadians took the word Suen and transrormed it into the word "Sin" as their favorite moon-god.

Sin is a name we can still see in part of modern Arabic words such as Sinai, or the Wilderness of Sin. (the moon-god,)

The moon-god was popular in Persia and Egypt as well, and one can see the many depictions and symbols of the crescent moon on seal impressions, pottery, steles, clay tablets, cylinders, necklaces, wall murals, earrings, weights, amulets, etc. In Ur, the Stela of Ur-Nammu has the crescent symbol placed at the top of the depiction of the gods, because, the moon-god was the head honcho of the gods.

In the 1940's and 1950's, archaeologists Caton Thompson and Carelton Coon, Wendell Phillips, Albright, Richard Bower and others excavated sites at Qataban, Timna, and Ma'rib, as well as finding thousands of inscriptions from walls and rocks n Northern Arabia. Reliefs and votive bowls used in the worship ot the 'daughters of Allah' have been discovered.

(Daughters of Allah - the Satanic verses of Muhammed)

The three daughters of Allah, al-Lat, al-Uzza, and Manat are sometimes depicted with Allah the moon-god, represented by a crescent moon above them.

Your archaeology positively sucks.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by dooper]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by reiki

reply to anonymous post - 'posted on 2-1-2009 @ 07:47 PM'

Assalamu Alaikum!

Excellant post! I became a Muslim convert maybe 13 years ago, though am not a practicing muslim now. You've portrayed Islam and it's concepts in a great way. Furthermore, you have re-iterated something i've been saying here for weeks... That Islam doesn't say it's way is the only way. And Christianity, and Judaism are inextricably linked to Islam. whether one recoqnises it or not.

Star for your post. And, as one person wrote in this thread, ATS is meant to be about denying ignorance, folks should look at their views, and realise they are still puppets of others agenda, via the media.

Take care
Wayne

[edit on 2-1-2009 by reiki]

How do you feel about the Islahm/Muslim practice of beheading prostitutes and women who have commited adultery? Or have I been mislead to believe this really happens?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I am amazed at the level of rhetoric that you have produced here. I might say readily available with quick responses. It is almost as if there is a team of people responding so quickly with answers. I must say that while the author of this topic seems to be somewhat knowledgeable of worldly events and religion that it was used in such a way to discredit your self.
The authors idea of the “Bible End Time is Islam” (which may end up being a coincident) is absurd. You quoted the book of Revelations a lot. What you clearly do not understand is that the book of Revelations was written in code by a prisoner named John. Not the same John that wrote the Gospel of John, history leads to most likely a follower of his during the same time. The proof we have of the existence of the written text suggests that John (that wrote the Gospel) would have had to been at least 100 years old. This is during a time when men rarely made it past the age of 40. Furthermore, it has been clearly taken out of text over time. The writings of the book of Revelations are pertaining to the time frame from when it existed. It was written to provide support to the Christians of that time that were being persecuted by the Roman Power.
What people have done today have adopted the book of Revelations as if it was written for the future. It’s funny how each generation since for the past 2000 years thinks it applies to their own time. It is clear that the author of this topic is not aware of this history of revelations and if they are they like others completely ignored it. I will not provide any reference because there are so many readily available. Do your research.
Now on with your topic, you refer to GOD as He or His. How simplistic is the mind to identify God as a male. If we experience the Bible and all of its teachings GOD is neither he or her but only GOD. God is beyond any word of description such as based on human form if one could refer to GOD as something it is spiritual but even more than that beyond our capability of understanding only just as GOD.
Your rhetoric and many others like you are dangerous to any society because it breeds fear and hate. Muslims and Islam will not be the down fall of the planet. Ignorance will be the reason for that. That fact that you call to Nuke Iran should be an eye opener. I have been to about 18 different countries and helped many of those people in need. Yes there are a lot of bad people in this world that would do physical harm to people and yes some are from the Islam faith but then again so are many other bad people that belong to other faiths. In my travels abroad and study of many religions they mostly want the same thing, to live peacefully.
If you truly want to save the world educate yourself before you talk loosely about serious matters. This whole topic your have written is based of a document for a group of people that existed over 2000 years ago. You have convenently pulled passages from revelations to fit your ideology and spread it as some sort of truth to be reckoned with. The Bible was written many years ago for followers to use as a guide for faith it was not meant to be taken as literal document. One of your readers suggested it is not valid because of translations. Well that is another topic to discuss but nonetheless it is a valid document. We as the readers of any religious text must understand the following. 1. When it was written? 2. Who it was written for? 3. What was the time frame of the people, which would give you the mind set of the people of that time, its captive audience? This is for every reader, don’t take my word as truth seek out your own answers and do your own research and FREE your mind of rhetoric’s such as this guy!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Just wanted to say you have a very good mind. The perfect balance for looking at the realiy of things.

I really don't like this mentality I see a lot these days, the us against them state of mind. It's just childish. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Great post. I think similar to you. I also don't follow the hadiths.
Do you?

In my opinion most of the Islam world's problems come from these hadiths. These 200 years of chinese whispers collected into one book. Very unreliable and the writers could have changed anyhing they wanted depending on their agendas.

Goverments and groups love these hadiths because it's the perfect tool for control of the people, to whatever agendas they want.

The Quran states that it is full, there is no need for hadiths. So why do muslims follow them? Yeah it's good for history stories, but it's not really a book to follow your life with.

It's funny I actually read there was a hadith about Mohammed actually ordering to burn hadiths about him, incase of false information and false beliefs coming from them haha. Ironic.

The fact is, the God in the hadiths and the God in the Quran are TOTALLY different, I think that says a lot.

Anyway back on topic.
Peace.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

That is absolutely false. The moon-god symbols have been found by archaeologist dated long before Muhammed was even born, in Arabia.

The Sumerians worshipped a moon-god who was called many names, including Nanna, Suen, and Asimbabbar. This moon-god's symbol oddly, was the crescent moon. The moon-god was the most popular religion to the Assyrians and Babylonians. The Akkadians took the word Suen and transrormed it into the word "Sin" as their favorite moon-god.

Sin is a name we can still see in part of modern Arabic words such as Sinai, or the Wilderness of Sin. (the moon-god,)

The moon-god was popular in Persia and Egypt as well, and one can see the many depictions and symbols of the crescent moon on seal impressions, pottery, steles, clay tablets, cylinders, necklaces, wall murals, earrings, weights, amulets, etc. In Ur, the Stela of Ur-Nammu has the crescent symbol placed at the top of the depiction of the gods, because, the moon-god was the head honcho of the gods.

In the 1940's and 1950's, archaeologists Caton Thompson and Carelton Coon, Wendell Phillips, Albright, Richard Bower and others excavated sites at Qataban, Timna, and Ma'rib, as well as finding thousands of inscriptions from walls and rocks n Northern Arabia. Reliefs and votive bowls used in the worship ot the 'daughters of Allah' have been discovered.

(Daughters of Allah - the Satanic verses of Muhammed)

The three daughters of Allah, al-Lat, al-Uzza, and Manat are sometimes depicted with Allah the moon-god, represented by a crescent moon above them.

Your archaeology positively sucks.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by dooper]

That is stupid reasoning. "Allah" merely means "God". To put it into perspective - If someone worshipped Satan, he would call him his "God". Does that mean that Christians worship "Satan"? No, it doesn't (Although that is up for debate, looking at the modern world)

The same can be applied to silly little bowls found in Northern Arabia.

Paganism mixed with Christianity has been the subject of endless books. Read them up. If any religion needs to be corrected, I suggest you fix your # first before you start dishing out advice about what has or has not been found regarding other religions.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join