It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How real are the Gods?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
In fact, the Popul Vuh is a very poor source, written, as it was, by a Christian after[ the Spanish Conquest.

The book is full to the brim with Christian references.

And the only extant copy was written in the 1700s, two centuries after the Spanish Conquest.

Do you believe that the Spanish might have had a motive for making the claim that Kukulcan looked like Jebus?

Unfortunately for us, the Popul Vuh is what we have. No compendium of Mayan mythology exists anywhere else that we've found.

The Mayan codices we do have are far more reliable. But there are only four and they are not all concerned with the mythology.

After all, Krishna is blue!

Well, that obviously means that the Hindus met a real blue alien, because we know they were incapable of thinking up such things by themselves. Just how we know George Lucas has actually met Jedi and Wookies.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Hey, look who's here. See, nothing happened no matter what or how much you read. It has no effect on you.

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
You never once, until now, said you were engaging in speculation or that this was your opinion. No, you were speaking of it as the gospel truth.

There is something called "self evident." Apparently, you have never encountered this concept before in the wild. The gospel is also just the opinion of those who wrote it.
What's the matter with you?
You take all the gospel to be true because no one made a disclaimer that they were stating opinions?

And before you say, aha, but you take X, Y, and Z to be true...Forget it, I already have responded to it.

Originally posted by tungus
Our current civilization started from scratch, everything we invented is traceable through our history to this guy/gal or that guy/gal.

Really now? Everything?

Again, absolute unadulterated stupidity.

If you are confused by something you don't understand, you don't have to read, you know. Like I said, what you read has no effect on you. It won't make a difference either way, but might save you some headache. And duct tape.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by tungus]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

After all, Krishna is blue!

Well, that obviously means that the Hindus met a real blue alien, because we know they were incapable of thinking up such things by themselves. Just how we know George Lucas has actually met Jedi and Wookies.

OK one last-ditch effort... there is a condition called blue skin disorder in humans.
In gods may not be a disorder. Take it easy now, it is just my opinion, I have no proof that Krishna or George Lucas is an alien, easy now.
I'm not sure about Spielberg, though...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

there is a condition called blue skin disorder in humans.
In gods may not be a disorder. Take it easy now, it is just my opinion, I have no proof that Krishna or George Lucas is an alien, easy now.

I heard that certain Scottish and Irish gods were neither white nor blue.

They were plaid.

And that's gospel!

Harte

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

They were plaid.

And that's gospel!

Harte

That's a good one.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
How real are you when you plant a seed... or help an injured animal back on its feet.

how real are you when you forgive and accept somone into your home as a friend? How real is your love?

?? What are you smoking?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

They were plaid.

And that's gospel!

Harte

That's a good one.

Seriously, tungus, speculation is fine, and all, but that's all you got, your own speculative ideas.

Like I said, you can form, and hold, any opinion you wish.

I'm wanting to inform that opinion.

You resist. That's fine.

My real duty here (why I post, IOW) is to present the mainstream argument so people can see it's actually based on available evidence, not just academics wanting to "keep their cushy jobs that make them rich."

LOL - the vast, vast majority of archaeologists make less that 50 grand per year. Hawass included. In fact, I'd bet you that the majority of archaeologists and historians earn less than 40 grand per year.

I'm not saying that you are yourself a proponent of this silly conspiracy theory regarding archaeology. But I am sure you know what I'm talking about.

Harte

[edit on 1/13/2009 by Harte]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

LOL - the vast, vast majority of archaeologists make less that 50 grand per year. Hawass included. In fact, I'd bet you that the majority of archaeologists and historians earn less than 40 grand per year.

I'm not saying that you are yourself a proponent of this silly conspiracy theory regarding archaeology. But I am sure you know what I'm talking about.

Harte

[edit on 1/13/2009 by Harte]

I don't have evidence of alien genetic experimentation on primates, gods visitations, I have never seen a god (of the kind I am proposing, or any other kind for that matter.) And there was a time when I didn't miss the chance to make a joke or two about aliens.

I changed. I can't tell what changed not because it is some mysterious secret, it's just hard to talk about it without sounding like a nut.

I can pinpoint the time when, let's say the "magic" began. It was in the mid 90's. The place was in front of the Canadian embassy in Belize City. It was about 11 am some scruffy guy had found a wandering python in the fish market and there was a crowd. Why was the guy in front of the embassy and not at the fish market I have no idea to this day. There was an immediate connection with the python. Then there was an invitation extended to me (here is the nutty part) silently.
It wasn't like I heard voices or saw something no one else saw but it was as if two parallel shows were going on at the same time, and the crowd was only seeing one. This is the best I can describe it.
The invitation was to join them and become like them (meaning that I would have to live in the jungle) then I would receive knowledge. I got scared and chose to go home.

There were other instances after this one, spread out through time and other places; they are all different, all mundane, no UFOs, nothing spectacular or definite.

I know, I don't have a proof, it's all in my head, I want attention blah, blah, blah, I went through this myself, so spare me.

I guess I took the blue pill, but somehow I didn't quite take it, and now mainstream history, biology and archeology leave a little aftertaste in my mouth.

So here I am- talking about alien gods with long skulls and what not, which I've never met. And who knows, maybe there is something somebody knows about them and will come forward in a better way than I can. But I am of the opinion that they were/are real. I wish I could see them. I can't.

I didn't mean to turn this into AA type storytelling: "So, how did you meet your aliens, please tell us". These are so boring.

Hey, I wish I made 40K a year, there is nothing wrong with that. I don't know that Hawass is wrong, I think he's not telling something, but I don't know what or why . I also think that Sitchin is telling some whoppers, but there is something there. The art is in distilling his work, but I enjoy him.
I tend to agree more with Robert Bauval on the archeology, and he is not a proponent of the alien theory.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join