It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two UFOs making crop circle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hello to you all, while browsing YouTube I came across this very astonishing footage of what it seems to be like two UFOs creating a crop circle, in Oliver's Castle, Wiltshire

I did a search before posting this thread and couldn't find something exactly like this, anyway if anyone could give me an explanation or add some comments please feel free!

Here is the clip:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
this is a very old hoax..

you can see in the way its filmd

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
yeah - the guy who made the video came forward too - and claimed it was a hoax.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If you could tell me how exactly you think its a hoax then you will get a star, just spewing out its a hoax and not giving out any information does not help.

EDIT: Really? Could you provide a link to where he did that

[edit on 06/21/2008 by diamount]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This was indeed an admitted hoax.You can read more on it here.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I see.. damn hoaxes are getting so convincing nowadays you just cannot tell!

ok well thanks for the comments guys

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well, to be honest, this, or any other video, could be perfectly legit and IF it gained legs with the public, the government would put pressure on the person to admit to hoaxing it.

I'm not saying that this is the case with this video, but I know for a fact that the government covers this stuff up. They have a very vested interest in keeping people in the dark about this sort of thing.

IF and I'm stressing the word if here, a video came out tomorrow showing Mork from Ork landing in a corn field and conversing with a local farmer, I would bet dollars that we'd hear it was a hoax.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good point Jay,and that very well may be the case in some of the videos claimed to be hoaxes.

I have to admit in this case I haven't really looked to deep into it.But what you posted very well may apply here.Good post!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The reason I bring it up is because I have done research on this particular video.
They took the video to some expert and he was stumped by it. I mean, he said, "yeah, it could have been hoaxed... By Hollywood, but at the time of its release, the software required to make that sort of CGI was pretty costly and whoever did this did a VERY good job."

He then went on to talk about how he had altered the image to come up with a shape for the orbs... ... ... Weird looking little buggers. Imagine a winged sphere, if you can. A sphere with small wings protruding from either side. Weird thing about it was that the wings kinda' "overlapped"... (damn this is impossible to describe)... Anyhow, suffice it to say they looked like little remote controlled drones.... And this was all embedded underneath what normally appears to be just a bright ball.

I'm not so sure this is really a hoax, but that is just my opinion.
When I look at the crop circle mystery, I often imagine just this sort of thing being required to produce the "genuine" glyphs. Something flying in from above and DIRECTING microwave radiation at the crop. But I digress, I'm not going to prove a damned thing and someone has already claimed to have hoaxed it.
I don't buy it.

PS. This post was in reply to crowpruitt. My damned reply to button isn't working today.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Known hoax, the guy went into great detail about how, the studio he used to do it, etc. It's not a cover-up, it's a hoax.

And imho, while I firmly believe in UFOs, I think 98% of crop circle are man-made. The only very few crop circles I think are legit are the ones on out of the way farms, far from a main road, usually a circle or simple shape, and they retrieve interesting readings from the area.

Reminds me of the weird crop circle with lots of spheres. People were freaking out about how they were all divisible from each other and themselves by 3 in some way. They thought it held a deeper meaning. Then the guys who made it came forward (with a video no less of them creating it), and turns out they used the irrigation lines as guides to make it, which happened to be 6 feet apart from each other. They were not even pondering the math angle, but they thought it was hilarious how people jumped all over that.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Like I said, Fleabit (sorry reply button still not working)... I'm not going to prove anything to anyone, as someone has already said they hoaxed it.

Also, I disagree that 98% are manmade. In fact, I cannot possibly disagree more.
Yes, I KNOW that many, many are manmade, but the number isn't anywhere near 98%... If I were to guess, I'd guess its closer to 3/4.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
If you could tell me how exactly you think its a hoax then you will get a star, just spewing out its a hoax and not giving out any information does not help.

EDIT: Really? Could you provide a link to where he did that

[edit on 06/21/2008 by diamount]

How about the actual videographer himself John Whaley known as John Wabe
revealing how he made the hoax. Watch him here. Story begins at 2:22 and
John Whaley appears at 3:42.

www.youtube.com...

This case already discussed several times here. Some links.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Like I said, Fleabit (sorry reply button still not working)... I'm not going to prove anything to anyone, as someone has already said they hoaxed it.

Also, I disagree that 98% are manmade. In fact, I cannot possibly disagree more.
Yes, I KNOW that many, many are manmade, but the number isn't anywhere near 98%... If I were to guess, I'd guess its closer to 3/4.

Since the factual proof is not in-hand, then we can only say that we can currently not prove that less than 100% of the crop circles are man made. Meaning - no way yet to prove any of them are made by anything other than man.

I'm a believer and witness to a UFO. However, I know that without tangible proof, the crop circles must remain no less than 100% manmade until proven otherwise.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I really can't believe this whole "98-100%" being man made business. I mean I know that this video is an admitted hoax, but I'm not so sure I believe that it is. Enough pressuring, some threats or other techniques like that cat force someone to admit to anything, even murder. I think I'm going to have to go with Jay-in-AR on the possibility that the video isn't a hoax. Especially considering the year that it was filmed in.

Secondly; every year the crop circles seem to have some sort of underlying theme that connects them, the ones I believe to be real anyway. I highly doubt that there are people all over the world discussing what their theme will be every year. The number of man made circles can't be anywhere near 98%. I do understand that there are many man made circles, and in my personal study on the subject I have found it very easy to tell which ones are and are not.

Man made circles have this kind of uncleanliness feel. They look a little sloppy, especially if you spend long amounts of time looking at different circles.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I understand what you're getting at. But you are creating a false dichotomy, not only for youself, but for everyone in the discussion.

Yes, I cannot prove that "aliens" created the phenomenon. Hell, I can't even prove that aliens exist. However, the fact of the matter remains that these things occur. Not all are accounted for.
In fact, many cannot be reproduced under promise of monetary gain.

Therefore, I propose that THESE CIRCLES, the ones that have not been adequately explained, belong in an unknown category.

Heck, it MAY BE something as simple as tornadic activity. Or plasma imprints from an, as yet, undetected parallel universe (mimicking the subconscious collective or our OTHER selves through meditation and prayer)... SOMETHING, ANYTHING removed from the effect of "this was ole' joe-sixpack at the local tavern making a wager with a buddy that he can create a tetrahedronical 3D algorithim in a field after a few pints in the dark...

I know I just created a strawman argument, but it is honestly pretty fair considering the criticism *I* receive for entertaining these thoughts.

Reply to Bonaire.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I saw the same craft as these on February 28th last year. I also saw one on the 12th of this month and filmed it, but it was high and the resolution didn't pick it up.

But another one I never noticed shot past the camera at high speed, and I caught it in 5 frames.

Look absolutely identical to these ones too.

Here are the five frames in question. I'm not a deceiver and didn't CGI it, this is simply what was caught on camera.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
After the video, I took 2 photos (higher resolution) of the object I was trying to catch on video. These are zoomed in parts of the pics.

Yeah, I know it's a boring white dot in the sky. But it was behaving very erratic which is why I tried to film it. The object in the two pics here is not the same one that was caught in the video, they are two seperate ones.

Just thought I'd post these because they do look similar to the ones in the crop circle video.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
I see.. damn hoaxes are getting so convincing nowadays you just cannot tell!

Nowadays? This hoax is at least 8 years old!

All I can say is... don't give up your day job

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yeah those little white dots are seem way too small to be spaceships. I mean that field is like what 200-300 feet away? Its a pretty good clip though.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I know this is an admitted hoax, but from the very first time I saw this (years ago) before the hoaxer came out, I thouight it could have been a hoax.

I thought it was strange that right before the crop circle formed, the "flying objects" were of the left side of the frame -- but the camera operator didn't try to pan toward them...he just kept filming in the field until -- behold -- the crop circle formed right in the center of the frame.

Yeah -- you could say that he could have just been lucky to be filming that spot, but I wonder why he wasn't trying to keep the camera centered on the "craft" instead. That's too much of a coincidence for me to swallow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join