It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please help me get to ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i don't want to move there i just want to go there for several months. it all started when i was talking to that girl i met. when she was 19 she packed up her gear and went to ireland for like 18 months. i think she said every 3 months she had to apply for a work visa but she spent her time working in peoples pubs for a little spending money and a place to stay.
i want to do that. i am 30 years old and i desperately want to do something adventurous..i can handle myself pretty well so i am not too worried about that. next week i am going to apply for my passport just do i have it in case i am ready to jump ship.
i would get me a little mcdonalds job while i am here or something just to save up some cash. this is something i really want to do. you never know....i may not come back

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hey TF,

I wish you all the best. But I hope you're not asking for money / donations.

You know that's against the rules man.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Maybe he just needs suggestions on how to get there.

I hear that if you click your heels together three times and say there's no place like home, that you can truly go home. Not that Ireland is home, but have you considered finding a way to hitch a ride on maybe a cargo ship??

Oh wait, I forgot that the US probably doesn't export anything off the East Coast to Ireland.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
A quick little google confirmed what I already thought, I gather your in Ohio?? any who in the US somewhere. You will have to fly into England and then connect to Ireland.

So you should plan to hang around London for a couple of weeks... I've gone out for a couple of beers and literately lost weeks in London!

Where ever you go stay sharp, and don't let the [insert obvious here] grind you down

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sanctum

i'm not asking for money...just suggestions.
i AM going to do this and i think it will take about a year. i am not working now and i am going to florida next month so i am going to wait till i get back to look for work. i need to let the system clean out anyway...i am thinking of a nothing job like hollywood video or a game stop or something like that. stay at home with the rents to get my papers in order and then i am gone.
stay gone for 6 months or so and come back with a good experience

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So, you're 30 and don't have a job... you're going to florida next month, and then looking for a job after that??? Do you live with your parents or something, how the hell do you afford your bills? I was just in Ireland this summer and with the conversion rate and the high price of everything to begin with, it drained my bank account. So i would think about getting a job that pays higher than McDonalds.. and save ALOT of cash before you go.

top topics

join