It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli troops enter Gaza: Hamas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

www.abc.net.au

Print Email Share Add to My Stories

By Middle East Correspondent Ben Knight

There are reports this morning that Israeli ground troops have briefly entered the Gaza Strip, after Israel's Government rejected calls for a 48-hour truce.

According to Hamas sources inside Gaza, the special forces soldiers entered the territory near the city of Khan Younis after sunset, and briefly exchanged fire with militants before retreating back over the border under the cover of tank fire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-1-2009 by duffster]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well it was only a matter of time before they enter the territory

Personally i hope this report is unfounded but ABC is one of the better sites for MSM news IMO...

So much for a New peaceful year ahead....I was hoping that the human race could move forward as time goes on but it looks like we are sliding down hill....When will we ever learn....

www.abc.net.au

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
tactics, they are probing at the same time diverting Palestines limited defenses.

The bombing runs Israel are performing are precise, and they are hitting a lot of priority targets. You only get this priority through months and months of intel and planning.

They learnt from Lebanon, they are are doing it right this time.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

They learnt from Lebanon, they are are doing it right this time.

Doing it right, the pictures I've seen of explosions are all in built up civilian area's, how is that doing it right?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster

So much for a New peaceful year ahead....I was hoping that the human race could move forward as time goes on but it looks like we are sliding down hill....When will we ever learn....

www.abc.net.au

i gotta say i agree with you whole heartedly, but some of us have moved forward, i kind of resent being put in the same catagory as these people, you have put yourself there aswell and you shouldn't because you seem to have moved forward, its just sad that some people are still spoiling for a fight and have no respect for human life, but you shouldnt class the whole human race as bad, im sure you are not bad, and niether are your friends, in fact i now thousands of people who aren't

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

do your homework, read, learn, and don't believe all you hear, its your type of hatred that keep the fires burning

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The bombs they are using are not massive cruise missiles like the past, they are precise and they are smaller than usual.

Liveleak.com seems to have a lot of them, they look selected and significant.

You dont publically show you blowing up a mosque, unless they are damned sure it was used as a missile storage shed.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You are sick. I hope that one day everything you wish on other people comes back to you and you are on the receiving end of your opinion.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

The targets are in populated areas because of the classic Hamas tactic of entrenching in areas populated by civilians. They set up rocket batteries in the midst of residential areas because they are cowards and use civilians as human shields. Nothing is off limits to them. Mosques and school play yards also make great sites for rocket and mortar bases.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
[*removed quote of ill-mannered content*]

That is the most massive and glaring example of religious and political trolling I have ever seen.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well I don't think that dropping bombs on people in civilian areas is doing it right, they are big bombs, if they are firing rockets shouldn't they just use some sort of attack helicopters with highly accurate machine turrets to sort the job, not drop big bombs in peoples streets

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
[removed quote of Mannered content]

Soooo i guess they will not be getting a happy new year card from you any time soon...Geezzz some people have no clue....

What SOME!!! people forget is that we are talking about HUMANS not some animal....Most of the people are hard working trying to get by with what little they have ,they don't want this war ......

I wonder how long it will be before we see a Full on invasion and how many lives will be lost with this act alone.....

[edit on 1-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

"Gaza should be "sanitized" just as Joshua did over 3500 years ago. Not one creature should be breathing nor two stones left standing without being burnt."

"Let no human nor even palestinian live there...EVER....."

*The Results of such a mentality:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Sol will scorch Earth as it did many times before.
Life is abomination.
Earth is ill.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Pockets

The targets are in populated areas because of the classic Hamas tactic of entrenching in areas populated by civilians. They set up rocket batteries in the midst of residential areas because they are cowards and use civilians as human shields. Nothing is off limits to them. Mosques and school play yards also make great sites for rocket and mortar bases.

I though Gaza was a refugee camp. Everywhere is near civilians. Where to suppose Hamas are to store their ak-47s? I US style military bases?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Does anyone else find it interesting that this article showed up on Australian news and not in the US reports. I just checked both ABC and CNN and not one mention of this, not one. Either this report is not accurate, which I doubt, or this is yet another example of them telling us, US what they want US us to know. red

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
So the Nazis, er, excuse me... the Israelis are beginning the next stage of their genocidal, er, excuse me... defensive operations against the Palestininians. I think that they are readying the boxcars to move those "filthy" Palestinians to the showers.

Strange how the Jews didn't learn a thing from their past experiences and have no problem perpetrating the same on others.. I believe that the other countries in the ME are going to have a HUGE problem with this. It is only a matter of time before Israel is reduced to smouldering rubble.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join