It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus and the Moon landing hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I have interpreted 4 quatrains of Nostradamus, which I feel accurately predict the Apollo Moon landings will be hoaxed.

Whatever your opinion on the Moon landings and Nostradamus, I hope you find it a unique and interesting read.

I'll go through my interpretations in the next post...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbonium

I'll go through my interpretations in the next post...

What is the point of starting the thread unless you are going to provide information?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Post the informations, or else, this will be declared as hoax.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Why did he start this thread then say he was going to do another post with all of the information and then log off

should this thread be closed if he doesnt post within an hour (atleast)

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Anti - Government]

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Sorry for the delay

I'll start with the well-known quatrain which has commonly been interpreted as predicting the Moon landing

9 - 65
"He will come to go into the corner of Luna,"
Where he will be captured and put in a strange land:
"The unripe fruits will be the subject of great scandal,"
"Great blame, to one great praise."

This quatrain is usually interpreted as a prediction of a genuine Moon landing. But I believe it predicts a hoaxed Moon landing much more accurately.

The first two lines describe an astronaut who intends to go to the Moon, or is under that assumption. Instead, he is taken (captured) and put onto a fake Moon stage set (a strange land). It�s clear that Nostradamus is making a distinction between a genuine landing and a hoaxed landing. Otherwise, "He will go into the corner of Luna" would suffice to describe a genuine landing. But it's clear that he will come to go to the Moon, and then he will be captured and put somewhere else.

The third line - the "unripe fruit" refers to the Apollo rockets, which are not advanced enough to fly astronauts to the Moon. It may have a second meaning as well. Gus Grissom - NASA's top astronaut - hung a large lemon on the side of the Apollo I capsule. This was his 'message' to the gathered media that the capsule was a "lemon", just like one may call a car that's a piece of junk, a "lemon". Grissom died in that capsule, soon afterwards, in a massive fire.

The last line - the public gives "great praise" to the astronauts/NASA, after a successful Moon landing, later followed by the "great blame" they receive after the hoax is revealed.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by turbonium]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
To my knowledge, the following three quatrains have never been interpreted as predictions of a Moon landing hoax. These are my own interpretations.

An interesting point about these quatrains - they are placed together, in sequence, in Centuries. It�s known that Nostradamus, as a general rule, deliberately shuffled his quatrains, so they would have no chronological order, or readily identifiable pattern. If two or more quatrains described the same event, they were placed in separate sections of Centuries. They were not grouped together.

So to have three quatrains in sequence, all describing the same event, is a rare exception to that rule. Perhaps the only example of it. I think Nostradamus had a purpose in keeping them together, as I'll explain after my interpretations.

4 - 29
The Sun hidden eclipsed by Mercury
Will be placed only second in the sky:
"Of Vulcan Hermes will be made into food,"
"The Sun will be seen pure, glowing red and golden."

The "Sun" is Apollo, the Greek Sun god. In fact, all of the Apollo astronauts wore a patch of the Sun god Apollo on their spacesuits.

Apollo (the Sun) is hidden, eclipsed by Mercury. Of course, the planet Mercury is too far away to hide the Sun from our view in an eclipse, unlike our much-closer Moon.

Nostradamus is referring to the Mercury space capsule. It went into a sub-orbital flight. Apollo went into low-Earth orbit, which is slightly higher than sub-orbit. Hence, the Apollo capsule is "hidden" from view, "eclipsed" by the Mercury capsule.

The second line now makes sense:
Mercury was placed first in the sky (in sub-orbit). The Sun (Apollo) "will be placed only second in the sky" (in low-Earth orbit).

Third line:
Hermes was the messenger of the Greek gods (such as Apollo). He delivered their messages to the mortals. Hermes was also the traveler of boundaries, and the guardian/protector of all travellers. Vulcan was the Roman Sun god. "Of Vulcan Hermes will be made into food," means Hermes is burned to death.

So who is Nostradamus describing as Hermes?

Gus Grissom. The astronaut who hung a lemon on the Apollo I capsule, as noted in Quatrain 9-65. The messenger of the god Apollo. He sent messages to the mortals (the public) that NASA was hiding the truth about Apollo. He refused to keep silent, so he was burned to death (made the food of Vulcan) in the Apollo I capsule.

Fourth line:
Hermes (Grissom) now dead, the truth is kept from the public. Thus, the Sun (Apollo) will be seen pure, glowing red and golden.

To sum up:
Line 1, Apollo (the Sun) is hidden. That changes by Line 4, when Apollo becomes "seen" as pure, golden.

Grissom's death (Hermes) by fire made the public's deception possible.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
4 - 30
"More than eleven times the Moon will not want the Sun,"
Both raised and lowered in degree:
And put so low that one will stitch little gold:
"After famine, plague, the secret will be uncovered."

The first line is simply brilliant. Exceptional.

The "Sun" is Apollo, as before. More than 11 times, the Moon ("will not want") Apollo. That is, more than eleven Apollo missions will not reach the Moon.

There were 17 Apollo missions, which explains "more than 11 times". But Apollo 11 was by far the most famous, (supposedly) putting the first man on the Moon. So Nostradamus chose the number eleven, to emphasize the specific mission recognized as the 'pinnacle of human achievement' - Apollo 11 - was also hoaxed, and did not reach the Moon.

Second line: Apollo never goes higher than Earth orbit, at varying altitudes ("degrees").

Third line: 2 possible interpretations.

"put so low that one" (Apollo I) will never leave Earth at all. Grissom and crew are killed in a fire while testing the capsule on Earth. "Little gold" means little success or good fortune comes to NASA from this one disastrous mission.

Or it may refer to all the Apollo missions, which are "put so low" that "one" (NASA) "will stitch little gold" (will not truly benefit from the hoax).

Fourth line: Nostradamus predicts that the hoax will eventually be revealed
to the world.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
4 - 31
"The Moon in the full of night over the high mountain,"
The new sage with a lone brain sees it:
"By his disciples invited to become immortal,"
"Eyes to the south. Hands to his breast, his body in the fire."

This quatrain is about Gus Grissom.

First and second lines:
Grissom "sees" the Moon. He realizes the truth is being hidden about the Apollo Moon missions.

Third line:
Grissom was chosen by NASA and his peers ("his disciples") to become famous, for all history regarded as the first man on the Moon - "to become immortal".

Fourth line:
Nostradamus describes perfectly how Grissom (and crew) were positioned in the Apollo I capsule, when they died in the fire. Grissom's charred body was still seated when they later opened up the capsule. His hands were still grasping at the safety harness strapped to his chest.

That's all, at least for now. I hope you found it interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I enjoyed reading your interpretations.

Seems plausible to me. I can see you have put some thought into this.

Personally, I believe in Nostradam and the faked landings, however, I also believe that eventually (or in one way or the other, possibly earlier) we DID reach the moon... now why they would stage landings when fakery and deception is uncalled for (again, considering my belief that we did reach the moon at SOME point) is an unknown that only deepens the mystery.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Grock]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Glad you liked the interpretations, Grock.

This is also a statement on how pre-conceived beliefs can have a negative impact on one's ability to interpret issues such as this.

Instead of considering how quatrain 9 - 65 only works as a prediction of a Moon landing hoax, the interpreters always try in vain to twist and contort the quatrain to 'fit in' with a genuine Moon landing.

They never consider the reason why it fails, because they never consider the Moon landings might be a hoax.

Nor do they ever approach the other three quatrains from the 'Moon hoax' angle, and so they find it nearly impossible to interpret them - not only for a Moon hoax, but for any event.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
One point I forgot to make, about the last line of Q. 4 - 31...

"Eyes to the south. Hands to his breast, his body in the fire."

I mentioned this quatrain was about Gus Grissom, and that this line describes how he was burned in the Apollo I fire, and how his charred body was found - with his hands grasping at the safety harness across his chest.

But I forgot to explain what "Eyes to the south" means in my interpretations..

After the fire, Grissom was found still seated in the Apollo I capsule. The seated position in the capsule was almost upside-down, with the astronaut's legs (to the north) above the head --- hence, his "eyes to the south".

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
For the most part I'd say Nostradamus was an interesting character of his time, having made predictions and perhaps foreseen what may have happened later in the generations to come. I still do not know what to make of this as of yet, as their are still some things on the moon that to me prove at one time or another we did in fact make it there. It's sad really that we can't really get a clear answer to this mystery until perhaps later on in life when we send people to the moon (Once again? For the first time?)

Before I pass judgment on these quatrains presented by Nostradamus I will wait for someone more scholarly to jump in on this. Though I will star and flag it as an interesting read and theory.

Actually before I sign off/leave the topic I did some searching on the apollo moon landings and wanted to play devil's advocate a bit.

During these missions thousands of images were taken, most of them with the Hasselblad EDC. A special version of the Hasselblad 500 EL. Many of these images are famous, like the one from Apollo 11 showing Buzz Aldrin with Neil Armstrong reflected in the glass of his helmet. (It is available in super resolution from the panorama).

(www.panoramas.dk... - Source)

Also if I remember, didn't a few astronauts come forward to say they saw various things on the moon? I think their was even one transmission from which one of the astronauts heart raced because of something he saw (If I can I will try and find the source, but I believe it was debunked)

[edit on 17-1-2009 by PoisonousPoison]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Furthermore ( I thought another post would be best since I'm also throwing in another source )

I found a bit more credible source (though it seems to stem from NASA itself - sorry if something of this sort isn't allowed, but I thought it might be helpful in weighing in pros and cons of whether the landings were fake or not.)

(1.) Most photographers already know the answer: It's difficult to capture something very bright and something else very dim on the same piece of film -- typical emulsions don't have enough "dynamic range." Astronauts striding across the bright lunar soil in their sunlit spacesuits were literally dazzling. Setting a camera with the proper exposure for a glaring spacesuit would naturally render background stars too faint to see.

(2.)Not every waving flag needs a breeze -- at least not in space. When astronauts were planting the flagpole they rotated it back and forth to better penetrate the lunar soil (anyone who's set a blunt tent-post will know how this works). So of course the flag waved! Unfurling a piece of rolled-up cloth with stored angular momentum will naturally result in waves and ripples -- no breeze required!

(3.)The best rebuttal to allegations of a "Moon Hoax," however, is common sense. Evidence that the Apollo program really happened is compelling: A dozen astronauts (laden with cameras) walked on the Moon between 1969 and 1972. Nine of them are still alive and can testify to their experience. They didn't return from the Moon empty-handed, either. Just as Columbus carried a few hundred natives back to Spain as evidence of his trip to the New World, Apollo astronauts brought 841 pounds of Moon rock home to Earth.

*"For example," explains Dr. Marc Norman, a lunar geologist at the University of Tasmania, "lunar samples have almost no water trapped in their crystal structure, and common substances such as clay minerals that are ubiquitous on Earth are totally absent in Moon rocks."

*"We've found particles of fresh glass in Moon rocks that were produced by explosive volcanic activity and by meteorite impacts over 3 billion years ago," added Norman. "The presence of water on Earth rapidly breaks down such volcanic glass in only a few million years. These rocks must have come from the Moon!"

Right: A glass spherule (about 0.6 mm in diameter) produced by a meteorite impact into lunar soil. Features on the surface are glass splashes, welded mineral fragments, and microcraters produced by space weathering processes at the surface of the moon. SEM image by D. S. McKay (NASA Photo S71-48109).

(science.nasa.gov... - Source)

Sorry for the long ex thingy (still a bit new), but I thought each of the things I took from the site and posted in the space would be helpful in bringing about some form of discussion

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the posts, PP.

As only one other person has commented on my presentation to date, you might be waiting a long time before someone else posts on this thread. And I would argue that your opinion is just as valid as the individuals you regard as "more scholarly" than yourself.

I'd appreciate any and all opinions / feedback on this topic, PP....including yours.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbonium

"He will come to go into the corner of Luna,"
Where he will be captured and put in a strange land:

.......The first two lines describe an astronaut who intends to go to the Moon, or is under that assumption. Instead, he is taken (captured) and put onto a fake Moon stage set (a strange land).

Great interpretations. May I add one more? CAPTURED is also another term for being photographed as in "captured on film"

[edit on 1/29/2009 by MyXlog]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well researched my friend but I don't believe it for a minute. You can make twist anything to make it look more sinisster and mysterious than it really is. for example in Greek mythology Orion, the son of Poseidon,is murdered a by Diana the goddess of the moon, through the machinations of Apollo.
The constellation in the Apollo badge is Orion. Where did Apollo 11 land?The Sea of Tranquility and who was the god of the seas? Poseidon! Diana is the goddess of the moon and Apollo is another name for the devil. Put it all together and you could say this was a prophetic warning that the devil would kill the next generation of lunar astronauts, who will travel to the moon aboard Orion!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't buy it, either.

Besides, a number of his "prophecies" proved to be pure bunk... including the one about a great war starting in 1999. If he was such a great prophet, why did he get a "faked moon landing" right while getting something REALLY huge like a global war wrong?

Others have said this is an alchemical set of verses, and this really makes more sense. He was into alchemy, and he's mentioning common symbols.

Also, one of your translations isn't right. It doesn't say "lone brained"... it says "single-minded."

The moon in the depths of night on the high mountain
the latter-day sage has single-mindedly seen:
by his disciples urged to be[come] immortal,
eyes southward, hands in lap, body aflame.

www.propheties.it...

That ties in really well with alchemy and the search for immortality (philosopher's stone.)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
@Indellkoffer

for the link

@ turbonium and @ll the others

..we all now sit down and read the propheties and forget to answer this thread

(???) i heard that maybe the Moon-landing was a hoax.. but i dont know facts.. and Nostradamus?
He wrote many...

friendly

Nia Wind the panda

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Well researched my friend but I don't believe it for a minute. You can make twist anything to make it look more sinisster and mysterious than it really is. for example in Greek mythology Orion, the son of Poseidon,is murdered a by Diana the goddess of the moon, through the machinations of Apollo.
The constellation in the Apollo badge is Orion. Where did Apollo 11 land?The Sea of Tranquility and who was the god of the seas? Poseidon! Diana is the goddess of the moon and Apollo is another name for the devil. Put it all together and you could say this was a prophetic warning that the devil would kill the next generation of lunar astronauts, who will travel to the moon aboard Orion!

Thanks for the reply.

I agree that the quatrains can be twisted into almost anything, since they are so obscure and cryptic in nature.

But we have to ask ourselves if the quatrains were intended to be stretched and twisted to such lengths as in your example above. If a direct interpretation can't be made, then it's pretty much worthless, imo.

For example - I've interpreted the "Sun" as Apollo, the Greek Sun god. That's it. I don't see how it's valid to interpret the Sun as Apollo, and then find a link to Apollo, to make it into something else entirely unrelated to the "Sun" in the quatrain.

I don't see how your example fits in any of the quatrains I've cited - is it supposed to?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
I don't buy it, either.

Besides, a number of his "prophecies" proved to be pure bunk... including the one about a great war starting in 1999. If he was such a great prophet, why did he get a "faked moon landing" right while getting something REALLY huge like a global war wrong?

Others have said this is an alchemical set of verses, and this really makes more sense. He was into alchemy, and he's mentioning common symbols.

Also, one of your translations isn't right. It doesn't say "lone brained"... it says "single-minded."

The moon in the depths of night on the high mountain
the latter-day sage has single-mindedly seen:
by his disciples urged to be[come] immortal,
eyes southward, hands in lap, body aflame.

www.propheties.it...

That ties in really well with alchemy and the search for immortality (philosopher's stone.)

The second line of the quatrain above, as originally written in French..

Le nouveau sophe d'un seul cerveau l'a veu

"d'un seul cerveau" has been translated as "lone brained", "alone with his brain", "single-minded", and maybe a few more ways. But all of them still fit into my interpretation, since they all describe the same scenario.

Btw, the translation you cite above isn't entirely accurate, either - "l'a veu" translates into "has seen it", not "has seen". The l' before the a is the article ("it").

As for the quatrain about a great war starting in 1999....

If you are familiar with Nostradamus' works, you also know that he hid the actual names and dates in his quatrains - using symbols (like Greek and Roman deities), anagrams, etc.

So it is with 1999. If you reverse the numbers "1999", it becomes "9111". Which is 9/11/1. 9/11 indicates the month and the day - Sept.11. The last 1 indicates the year. It can't mean 1 AD, or 1001, since he wrote this in the 1500's. So the first "year one" in the future was 2001. So we have 9/11/2001.

Now - you say others have translated these quatrains as references to alchemy. That is true. You also say Nostradamus "was into alchemy, and he's mentioning common symbols." That is also true. The "Sun" could mean gold, and the "Moon" could mean silver. But they don't.

If you read those interpretations, they really don't fit the quatrains at all. The quatrain you cite is a good example. The "Moon" cannot mean silver, because he describes it in the sky, "above the high mountain" (Not "on" the high mountain, btw). That indicates he really is describing the "Moon", and is not using it as a symbol for something else.

Next post, I'll go through one of the quatrains I've cited, to better explain what I mean...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join