It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Year's resolutions involving ATS topics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I have been thinking about New Year's resolutions. Instead of the usual eat healthier, exercise more, etc... resolutions, I thought I would make a few resolutions involving ATS and it's many topics.

Resolution #1: I'm going to really think through the skeptics' point of views. It could be possible that everything is not a conspiracy.

Resolution #2: I will not automatically think that every odd outcropping on the moon is an alien base. It could be a super secret government concentration camp.

What about everyone else? Any resolutions that could apply to ATS?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
OK, i.iami, but what are your resolutions? I have a guess.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by i.iami

Happy New Year!!!

I noticed your posting the same post across several threads. The message is a good one, but I think repetitive posts in this manner are like spamming the board and is against the T&C. Not sure but you might check the T&C to make sure.

My ATS resolution:

I will not repeat posts across threads.

Toast!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 1-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

We know you don't do that RF.
Seriously though, any resolutions?

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 1-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
LOL!

Yes a few.

1. I shall try my best to not attack a members point of view or belief.

2. I will not hold anything against anyone who disagrees with my point of view.

3. I will always keep an open mind to all possibilities.

4. I will strive to give helpful answers to questions where I can.

5. I will never purposely try to disrupt a discussion just becasue I dont agree with the opinions within any thread.

6. I will always keep my posts free of profanity and vulger comments, and never play the name calling game.

TOAST!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 1-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Those are great resolutions! Let's hope that a few other people have the same.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
My ATS resolutions:

1) keep an open mind to all topics, even ones I dislike.

2) Help where I can help and accept help when needed.

3) mentor a new member if I can this place can seem pretty confussing at first, and this one goes with number 2 as well

Good topic BTW and Happy New Year to all

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

Thanks!
Happy New Year!! (another toast!)

(RFBurns is getting a bit tipsy over all these toasts!!!!)

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

Well...

I promised to be more chaotic this year... In the sense of creative chaos, not destructive. Cause there is going to be a lot of chaos this year and I just wanna enjoy the ride instead of being irritated by it. Somebody who has read Hakim Bey might understand what I mean...

I also promised to take these tin foil hat theories even more seriously than in 2008, especially survivalism stuff... I'm spending my new year's holiday reading survival manuals!

As well as some more mundane and personal promises I shouldn't mention here... Like being more of a workaholic, making money, getting married, and going to the gym...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
My ATS resolutions:

1) keep an open mind to all topics, even ones I dislike.

2) Help where I can help and accept help when needed.

3) mentor a new member if I can this place can seem pretty confussing at first, and this one goes with number 2 as well

Good topic BTW and Happy New Year to all

alyosha,

Your mentoring a new member resolution is a great one! I would have liked to have had a mentor when I first came aboard. This is one we could all do.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukuli
reply to post by Aislin

Well...

I promised to be more chaotic this year... In the sense of creative chaos, not destructive. Cause there is going to be a lot of chaos this year and I just wanna enjoy the ride instead of being irritated by it.

Creative chaos....I love that! Enjoying the ride is a great attitude. I look forward to reading your posts as we move through 2009.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

Good thread. As my signature states, my resolution is to make posts to other members in the manner I would like others to address me in their posts. I'm very passionate about my convictions and will often mow right over someone with an opposing opinion without thinking. I'm also prone to getting a bit snotty or sarcastic sometimes and will be short on patience when dealing with people that come across as stubborn, ignorant, or rude. So my goal is to think about each post before submitting and to think about how I would feel if what I am posting to someone else was being posted to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My ATS resolutions:

1. To be more open minded.
2. To respect others opinions
3. To post even more entertaining threads
4. Pay more attention to my better half who has been patient while I solve the worlds problems here at ATS.
5. Wait patiently for the Nobel Peace price for solving all the world problems here at ATS.

Happy New Years one and all

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Aislin

Good thread. As my signature states, my resolution is to make posts to other members in the manner I would like others to address me in their posts. I'm very passionate about my convictions and will often mow right over someone with an opposing opinion without thinking. I'm also prone to getting a bit snotty or sarcastic sometimes and will be short on patience when dealing with people that come across as stubborn, ignorant, or rude. So my goal is to think about each post before submitting and to think about how I would feel if what I am posting to someone else was being posted to me.

Ashley,

Your resolutions are good ones, also. I think I'll add yours to mine. Something else I would add is to take a few minutes to calm down before replying to an irritating post. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
My ATS resolutions:

1. To be more open minded.
2. To respect others opinions
3. To post even more entertaining threads
4. Pay more attention to my better half who has been patient while I solve the worlds problems here at ATS.
5. Wait patiently for the Nobel Peace price for solving all the world problems here at ATS.

Happy New Years one and all

Slayer,

I look forward to your resolution #3.
Resolution #4 is a great one. I think that behind every great ATS poster, there is a very patient better-half.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I've always wondered how this type of new years resolution thing started, but meh that's probably for another topic. Don't really have one really, don't know where to start. I guess one thing I could always do is become even more peaceful towards others and such.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LokMessier
I've always wondered how this type of new years resolution thing started, but meh that's probably for another topic. Don't really have one really, don't know where to start. I guess one thing I could always do is become even more peaceful towards others and such.

New Year's resolutions started with the Babylonians. It's a very old tradition and a popular one to have lasted through all this time.

NEW YEAR TRADITIONS
Other traditions of the season include the making of New Year's resolutions. That tradition also dates back to the early Babylonians. Popular modern resolutions might include the promise to lose weight or quit smoking. The early Babylonian's most popular resolution was to return borrowed farm equipment.

source

Lokmessier,

I think that being more peaceful towards others is a resolution that everyone should have. It's a perfect New Year's attitude!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The calender we use is a construct.

new topics

top topics

join