It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama And That Other Ponzi Scheme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Obama And That Other Ponzi Scheme

www.thesmokinggun.com

DECEMBER 31--As if being linked to one high-profile criminal case weren't enough, President-elect Barack Obama's name may soon pop up in another federal prosecution, this one involving a massive Ponzi scheme (no, the other massive Ponzi scheme). In addition to the Rod Blagojevich pay-for-play probe, Obama could figure in the upcoming fraud trial of Norman Hsu, the disgraced Democratic fundraiser who was charged last year with operating a $60 million pyramid scheme
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Before becoming a key fundraiser for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid, Hsu co-hosted a 2005 California fundraiser for Obama's political action committee and introduced the Illinois Democrat to Marc Gorenberg, a Silicon Valley venture capitalist who later joined the Obama campaign's national finance committee. Prosecutors allege that Hsu directed his investors to donate money to specific candidates, and then reimbursed them in violation of federal campaign laws.

I cant remember when any president elect as been SAID to be connected with so many wierd people.
Why is this happening?
Will it all go away after he becomes President?

www.thesmokinggun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ponzi? Madoff made Ponzi look like an amateur. I believe the correct word is now 'Madoff scheme'. Hussein Obama is living on borrowed time; he will inevitably be exposed as the man he is.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I don't really have much to say about this topic. Do to the nature of humanity if you are to look into every person somebody comes in contact with, especially someone as high profile as Barak Obama then you are going to come up with a few bad apples.

Furthermore I believe it would be hard for anyone to prove any sort of involvement related to the connection. This guy was personally influencing people to donate to certain candidates. There was a little individual behind the scenes action going on, nothing widespread.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I agree that most of us do not know the background of people we do business with or that we work with. I guess polititions are no different.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Innocent until proven guilty.

Although this may speak crimes about who Obama associates with, I feel he deserves the benefit of the doubt. This Norman Hsu is going down and may be making accusations just to stir the pot or to give himself a better dealing hand.

new topics

top topics

join