It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel uses YouTube, Twitter to share its point of view

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Israel uses YouTube, Twitter to share its point of view

www.cnn.com

Israel has taken its barrage of airstrikes in Gaza to the Web, creating a YouTube channel this week to post footage of its air force dropping bombs on Hamas targets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
An initial message by the Israel Defense Forces posted on the channel, youtube.com/user/idfnadesk, said Israel wanted to use YouTube to "help us bring our message to the world" with "exclusive footage showing the IDF's operation success" in Gaza.

An IDF spokesman said YouTube was a way to get that message "to as many as we can," though he declined to comment further.

The YouTube channel is just one multimedia platform Israel is using to spread its message on the recent campaign in Gaza, which began Saturday.

The Israeli Consulate in New York also launched a Twitter feed Monday, which it has used to solicit questions from users for a virtual press conference.

This is a new tactic for Israel and seems to show that they are being very careful as to the targets they are hitting.
My first post so i hop its in the right format.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost
...said Israel wanted to use YouTube to "help us bring our message to the world" with "exclusive footage showing the IDF's operation success" in Gaza.

What, the entire Western mainstream media market wasn't enough of an outlet for their propaganda? They have to infect YouTube and Twitter too?

Originally posted by grayghost
This is a new tactic for Israel and seems to show that they are being very careful as to the targets they are hitting.

Right. Because the first thing I think when I see that over 60 civilians have been killed in a five day assault is they are being very careful as to the targets they are hitting.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Why do they feel compelled to show people how they kill others including civilians?

From a PR perspective, this would bring a very bad mess for their image (what's left of it). People would use this as damning evidence that they are committing war crimes.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting, although I'm fairly sure this thread will get closed soon because of the repetitiveness of Israel threads, nevertheless..the OP comes to show how Zionism is never confined to one outlet, they(the zionists) feel like they have to 'control' everything.

Happy New Year!!

Majorion

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

"Absolutely disgusting, although I'm fairly sure this thread will get closed soon because of the repetitiveness of Israel threads"

*this is a common tactic used by the pro-israeli crowd to close threads critical of Israel.

It should not be allowed on ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I think it's a great idea. I think the success of Obama's use of the internet to reach out to a large amount of people has forever changed the way we do things. I say that not to say that it was the first major success with the internet but it was recognized as a defining factor in the campaign.

Israels use of the these sites can only be described as brilliant. A good amount of the video's against Israels point of view are going to be found on these sites so there is no reason way they should not let their story be known. We are always talking about how every story worthy of media attention during a war is negative. Look at these soldiers doing this or that, but this counters that in a way. It will show how careful, and how much planning goes into the actions Israel takes. For example if you take the population of the Gaza and then how small it is then you will realize that one misplaced bomb is going to kill quite a few people. You can certainly tell that they are not randomly picking places and giving the bombs away salute.

I might have to take a look at some of this material.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What would be fair is if someone in the Gaza strip could do the same for the Palestinian civilians to bring their side to the forefront.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

"I think it's a great idea"

Psychological Warfare and Propaganda?

- You would have loved the thirties...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
What would be fair is if someone in the Gaza strip could do the same for the Palestinian civilians to bring their side to the forefront.

Cheers!!!!

I believe that has already been taken care of.

Here

Or here.

It is actually very easy to find video's of the Palestinian side. A lot of times you will find them posted here in these threads at ATS. I'm not saying this is bad, it's information. Information from all sources needs to be taken into account when forming a logical opinion.

But look at this

Israel posted video of its attacks on militants firing rockets over the past five days on a new YouTube channel to try to show the world the threat against it.

YouTube temporarily yanked the clips on Tuesday after viewers, apparently supporters of Hamas, flagged it as objectionable and asked that it be taken down. The video-sharing Web site restored the video a few hours later, labeling it inappropriate for minors.

Supporters of Gaza's Hamas rulers, meanwhile, have posted images of the devastating Israeli offensive on both YouTube and Facebook and on blogs, uploading images of the carnage and suffering in the tiny seaside territory.

Israel takes battle with Hamas to YouTube - Yahoo.com

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
Israels use of the these sites can only be described as brilliant.

Israel's actions in these videos can only be described as murder.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I usually do not visit youtube very much, even when linked from the forum here, cept a few ufo videos. I was not aware that there were some videos showing the Palestinian civilian prospectives tho.

Thats good that it is there, again even tho I dont take youtube seriously at all as a reliable source for info or videos. But I am glad to know now that the other side has some kind of media exposure.

Considering Israel wont allow journalists anywhere near the scene, which I find highly suspect in itself if they are throwing up videos on youtube, it just further's my suspicion in Israel trying to cover up something, control the information comming out of the area, and then throw out videos and reports that are questionable because they wont allow outside sources go in and collect the info independant from IDF's videos and info. Unless they changed that recently that I am not aware of..the last couple of days, this whole ordeal that is happening over there has really driven me away from even paying any attention to it anymore. All the bickering, back and forth side choosing thats going on kinda gives me a headache so I have been leaving it all alone.

Thanks for the links!!

Happy New Year!!! TOAST!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

"Israel's actions in these videos can only be described as murder."

Anti Semite!

OMG!

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

And what about the video's posted of Palestinian militants firing rockets into Israel? I'm sure you classify their actions as the same.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Well, I'm sure journalist can go to Egypt and get into the Gaza that way. I honestly can't say why Israel wouldn't let reporters into the Gaza. I would guess it's because they are not going to be represented in a fair light. Due to the way Hamas took control of the Gaza even the US stopped sending aid. Both Israel and Egypt locked down their boarders. The fact of the matter is that you cannot support a leader such as Hamas.

In any humanitarian argument against Israel you will find that the role of Hamas is going to be downplayed and the focus will be on the people. Israel dose not have the option of downplaying Hamas because he is the one making rockets go over the boarder.

Israel is a young country. In the past things may have been done that were not the best. This is the same for every country in the world today. If it's a smaller country then their wrong doings just haven't had the recognition that larger ones have had. Today Israel is saying this is what we are doing to protect our people and I do not think that they are wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I classify their actions as retaliation. You know, that thing that Americans felt necessary after terrorists attacked? This is a similar situation.

I know, I know, "but the terrorists can only be of the Islamic faith LOL", but for logic's sake, lets go with the facts of this particular situation.

Yes, I know: Poor Israel. Illegally occupies land with no legal ramifications, possesses nuclear weapons when none other in the region is allowed, is subjected to no United Nations penalties thanks to their veto-empowered slave, murders and sanctions civilians who have had their land stolen from them, receives concessions for the Holocaust, and receives billions in defense aid and weapons from the United States.

Boy, it's hard to not feel sorry for Israel, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

"I honestly can't say why Israel wouldn't let reporters into the Gaza."

You are lying.

You even added 'honestly' for effect.

You know exactly why Israel Won't let reporters in;

They don't want the Raw unbiased Footage of Innocents (women and children)being Murdered En Masse to make it out into the public forum.

Women and Children blown to bits on camera doesn't help Israel's Propaganda Efforts - hence no reporters are allowed in to Film those scenes of horror.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Fair enough retaliation. So Israel is attacked and they take land. Israel is threatened by violence and closes it's boarders, ok.

I see this as a leader radically taking control of innocent people. A leader who forces opposing parties out of government and others out of positions of influence. On top of all of this I see this as a leader gaining control by telling the people Israel is the cause of all of their problems and giving them somebody to right against.

You all see the numbers. How smart is it to fire rockets against Israel? Did they really believe that they could fire rockets at Israel forever without any consequences?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
"Why is the western media not enough?"

Well, this is good news - it shows YOUR voice and mind are being heard and affecting public opinion...mainly that no one benefits from slaughtering one another. (You would have thought all the major wars throughout the centuries would have taught us that by now...killing begets more killing. Seems the Tanak/Bible has some things to say about that.)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

"Fair enough retaliation. So Israel is attacked and they take land"

Take Land? *They Took MOST of the Land... Almost all of it:

*How does this Map make you Feel about the Women and Children?

*The map, It isn't accurate; More Land has been stolen by Israel since the map was made in 2000. A massive wall was also built that further reduced the area of the Concentration Camp called Palestine.

*The current situation is reminiscent of the events of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising - where the German Government had to act to Protect their People from Jewish terrorists who had been attacking the innocent people for no reason at all.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join