It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arab World can easily destroy Israel if they wanted to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
But they don't. With all the collective wealth of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, etc., they could easily purchase highly advanced weapons from Russia, China or India.

Cases in point:

Saudi Arabia wants to end Russia-Iran ties

Saudi Arabia has offered to award major arms contracts to Russia in return for Moscow curtailing cooperation with Iran, Russia's Kommersant newspaper reported on Tuesday, citing unidentified diplomatic sources.

in.reuters.com...

Iran-Saudi rivalry

There has been no western outcry against Saudi Arabia’s mediation between the Taliban and the Afghan government. On the contrary, the Mecca talks were accompanied by senior British and US officials indicating that such discussions were an evitable part of ending the war in Afghanistan. Only one country has denounced the meeting as an unacceptable capitulation to terrorism and extremism: Iran. This position reflects the untold story of Iran’s tussle with Saudi Arabia for regional influence.

www.isn.ethz.ch...

What most people don't know (or refuse to believe) is that the Bush family is friends with the Bin Laden family

It begins in the 1970's in Houston, Texas, when George W. Bush was just starting out in his family's two businesses of politics and oil. The powerful - and very rich - Bin Laden family helped fund his first venture into oil.

The cozy friendship continued for decades. After a terrorist attack at a barracks in Saudi Arabia which killed 19 Americans, the bin Laden family received a multi-billion dollar contract to re-build. And incredibly, George Bush Sr. was in a business meeting at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Washington on the morning of September 11th with one of Osama Bin Laden's brothers.

www.cbc.ca...

Saudi Arabia is a friend to West. So is Egypt. www.abovetopsecret.com... And you can safely assume that they are friends with Israel as well.

And while we continue to bicker and fight among each other trying to pick a side between the Jews and Palestinians, the Elites are planning to live in The World with all the comfort and safety provided by the US Missile Defense Shield

"The US Congress this year endorsed a UAE's request submitted in December last year to possess an advanced missile defence system," said Mary Beth Long, US assistant secretary of defence for international security affairs.

www.gulfnews.com...

Bottomline, they need Israel to keep attacking the Palestinians and vice versa.

www.forbes.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that...

They have tried before...Israel defeated Syria, Egypt and Lebanon (I think it was Lebanon) at the same time. Plus literally every Israeli is trained in the army when they turn 19 as its mandantory.

If their is one country I wouldnt want to f@@k with, its Israel

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

But they don't. With all the collective wealth of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, etc., they could easily purchase highly advanced weapons from Russia, China or India.

Can a country with highly advanced weapons really defeat another country?

As I recall, it didn't help Russia in the Afghanistan war.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's a poorly kept secret, avoided by the press that the Saudis have come over to the side of Israel as their pit-bull defense against Iran who is trying to foment a Shiite Revolution that specifically targets the Saudi royal family.

The first major co-venture was when Saudis provided the intelligence and Israel implemented the assassination of Mugniyah earlier this year.

To placate the masses, the Saudis and Egyptians maintain a public facade of being outraged and indignant at what those 'evil Zionists' are doing to the suffering Palestinians.

Russia is caught in a difficult position in that they needed the revenues from selling Iran their outdated shoddy goods, but emphatically did not want to see a nuclear weapon capable Mullah run regime on their doorstep. Russia is quietly distancing itself from Iran now and cozying up to the Saudis who made them a better offer and look more like the winners in the undeclared Middle East civil war. Syria is straddling the fence as they don’t want to lose the Iranian economic backing but seek to come out of the cold and join the winning team.

Hamas in it's unholy alliance with Iran is now backed into a corner as the cannon fodder in Iran's proxy war.

Believe me, this is not just a personal opinion.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
In the past, their Arab counterparts had much better equipment than the Israelis.

While your theory on the surface makes sense, it leaves out one, single, critical component.

Determined Smarts.

There's a reason these people have won over 150 Nobel Prizes.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I can see where this is going and to some extent they could possible beat the crap out of Israel if it was a ground war every country from around Israel against Israel they would lose plain and simple. Imagine every male 18 to about 24 from Egypt, Syria, Jordan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Turkey, Libya and you could probably throw in Algeria, Tunisia, Yemen, Oman, Iran, Sudan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan and in that case Israel would lose big time as would the other side since the whole area would be trashed.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Nor has it helped us much in the Afgan War, when you watch the countless videos of small groups of soldiers venture out to the closest village to bargain with the elders for info and squash any resistance they meet. Worrying the whole time about the suicide bombers or roadside ieds they may encounter.

For what eight years now, at this rate we are getting no where fast. God bless the soldiers hopefully once we decide to pull out like the Russians did they will come back home safely.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillresearchn911

Point well taken.

Might as well mention Vietnam as well. Sometimes it has more to do with heart and what you believe than weapons. As far as who would win, I will leave that up for grabs.

Starred

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
As I recall, it didn't help Russia in the Afghanistan war.

Afhanistan got help from the CIA. And there's nothing shameful in abandoning a war that's not really worth it in the end (a lesson lost on the Americans throughout the modern era.)

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Yes yes we trained the Mujahadeen and gave them Stinger missiles to shoot down Russian aircraft,just like Iran is the center of terrorism.
And we gave Saddam WMDs so he could kill them...not the Kurds,and Russian Spetznaz removed them.
usawakeup.org...
If an any time the Arab nations as a whole move on Israel then they will get hit with the nukes we never gave Israel and that Carter exposed them as having.Not to mention we NATO and the UN are backing their existance,I still feel sorry for the Palestinians being treated like step children.
Fair is a place you go as a child unfortunately reality falls far below that.
But if you fired missiles into the US from Mexico you and all of your entire organization would be "disappeared",like a Sandinista Military base over night.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Determined Smarts.

There's a reason these people have won over 150 Nobel Prizes.

Perhaps but to assume that your enemy will forever be of inferior capacity would be most unwise.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
maybe their just taking it slow...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
One of the major problems that Israel has is the problem of it's "perceived importance." By that I mean the widely held belief that Israel is integral to American aims and objectives in the Middle East. I think this "perceived importance" or "stated importance" is largely a myth and Israel's strategic importance to the United States is hugely exaggerated.

If anything, Israel is a gigantic impediment to America's aims and objectives in the Middle East. Israel is an American luxury. A sort of dotty hobby.

That's the real benefit of 150 Nobel prize winners. You can stampede an otherwise intelligent nation into supporting your quixotic enterprise, i.e., the state of Israel.

Incidentally I support the idea that there should be a Jewish homeland, but I have trouble understanding how it can possibly last in the place where it is. There is only one way that this can be achieved in my view. Israelis, procreate faster!

I hate to say it. I wish the world were a nicer place. I wish the Arabs would accept the Jews and Israel. In fact they do accept the Jews, but Israel is more than they are willing to give, at the moment. Will they ever change? Will anyone compromise and settle for less than they want, on either side? Who knows?

If America decides to cut Israel loose, then I tend to agree substantially with the statement of the thread.

top topics

join