It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone see the ball drop in NY?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I must be suffering from a time lapse, but I never saw the ball drop.

Is it me?

Not even a replay. It was just at the top of the pole, and nothing.

I must be crazy.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Bill & Hillary pushed the button. I along with my immediate family all saw the ball drop.

Along with a very sad looking Dick Clark. I felt so bad for him listining to him talk. As I understand a few years ago he had a major stroke and it deffinately showed.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yeah it dropped... I was gonna take the 15 min ride over to the city but it's 14 degrees out
SO I watched it from the comfort of my Euro Pillowtop on the tube. L&L

Happy New Years

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Wow, in the past the ball hits at the new year after a ten second drop.

I was watching Dick Clark.

It is official, I'm losing it.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I saw on my 47in flat screen .. then kissed my wife and hopped back on the pc...big whoop ...

Man .. i still cant get over how bad the TV coverage is .. the acts ... my god ..the networks are slacking.

Im just glad I dont watch TV.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't understand how anyone could see the ball drop. I watched for it, it was at the top of the pole, then the countdown started, they panned to the clock, I thought I would see the ball drop in an inlay screen, but didn't see one,then it was shown just as it hit the bottom. Yeah I also felt fo Dick Clark, butI unerstand having gone thru 3 mild strokes last year myself, and just getting back to work myself now.

Or am I and my wife just going blind?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That ball was frozen tonight.

ahem

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I want to note I feel bad for Dick Clark and the way he put himself on TV, i just dont think that was right. I felt really weird watching that.

Also, those bands are terrible, and those screaming girls... that was probably the worst live television I have ever seen in my life

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I saw the ball drop they just didn't show the thing going down from the top of the pole.

Also, is it just me or did all the songs each band played tonight all sound the same, or is it just me?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Not us. We're just sitting here watching the Honeymooners marathon.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Twilight zone Marathon is on too.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

IN other words does anyone care about the stupid ball dropping! Take a serious look around and check out what is really going on this planet. Please end this thread before I puke. Lets make 2009 the year everyone steps up to their own plates. If we dont I would have to admit were screwed. Turn off the TVs the trivial pursuits, and try to focus on why we are here and our higher purpous. Its not that hard. PEACEhg

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I watched it, though the whole time I had this feeling (like every year) that something would happen when the count hit 0 that would be bad enough to cut the TV feed.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Along with a very sad looking Dick Clark. I felt so bad for him listining to him talk. As I understand a few years ago he had a major stroke and it deffinately showed.

I thought dick clark looked good this year. If you saw him two years ago shortly after he had the stroke, you'd know what I mean. Watching the ball drop that year was painful, my wife and I silently stared at the screen as dick clark counted down and was only down to somewhere between 5&10 when midnight hit. Honestly, for the past few years, I've watched the ball drop just to see how dick's doing and that's really odd because I'm not the type that follows celebrities.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
I watched it, though the whole time I had this feeling (like every year) that something would happen when the count hit 0 that would be bad enough to cut the TV feed.

Unfortunately that didn't happen. It would have been nice.

Oh well! Here's to hoping someone can make that new years resolution for 2010!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Saw it live. It was a great celebration but the phonyness of hilary and bill danceing tofether was enough to make me squirt my complimentary Pepsi through my nose

Happy New Year

CW

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I was watching it and they didn't show it drop for some reason. Whatever. Man those Jonas brothers sure can put on a great show eh........................no. I'm pretty sure they weren't playing their instruments.

Happy 09

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by huntergatherer
reply to post by EyesWideShut

IN other words does anyone care about the stupid ball dropping! Take a serious look around and check out what is really going on this planet. Please end this thread before I puke. Lets make 2009 the year everyone steps up to their own plates. If we dont I would have to admit were screwed. Turn off the TVs the trivial pursuits, and try to focus on why we are here and our higher purpous. Its not that hard. PEACEhg

Wow...

And a wonderful and joyous Happy New Year to you.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
No. We saw a bit of Toshiba billboard, lots of dick Clark face time and quite a bit of face time for network staff, but never a clear picture of the ball going down.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i didnt see the ball drop either. i think its a conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join