It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spate of UFO's being reported to U.K Talk Radio, now.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
6 of us saw these lights just after midnight NY eve, flying over Southampton, UK. We observed 3 that appeared to fly in a triangle formation west to east, whilst another 4 appeared sperately flying north to south - but all seemed to be heading towards the same 'destination'. We observed one actually decelerate. There were indeed intermitent fireworks going off, but these were most definitely not them. Neither were they planes, as no navigation or landing lights, and no noise came from them.
My fiancee and 2 friends had seen one the previous night appearing to follow (very closely) an aircraft as it flew away from Southampton airport. Wonder if the passengers or even pilot saw anything? Amazing that these lights were seen all over the country!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I live in The Netherlands and I too noticed an orange light in the skies about 15 minutes before entering 2009. I was watching from inside and followed it with my eyes from different windows for about a minute. It followed a steady path to the west, give or take 20 degrees.

I first thought it was a flare. I asked my brother to take a look and we came to the conclusion that it was most likely a lantern in the upper draft, because it was new years and maybe all the UFO news reports of Chinese lanterns had inspired some people to celebrate the new year by setting them adrift.

After reading most of the posts and viewing some other topics and videos, I stick by my opinion that for some reason people have been influenced to use Chinese these years as part of their celebration.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Following on from these other reports over the festive period...

I went outside my house in E London about 2am for some air on 1/1/09 & saw what I thought was originally a plane or helicopter going past straight ahead of me from east to west. The weird thing was it had at least 5/6 flashing lights in a completely straight line all flashing on & off at a fast pace & they were travelling at a speed far too fast for a plane etc. They went behind a large hotel & reappeared within 2 seconds on the other side, then there was a crackle of flashes/lights surrounding the 5 lights in a line. this happened a few more times before it disappeared into the distance. there was no sound at all, no fireworks or anything going off in the background or anything... Quite weird!

What amazed me more was the fact that the lights were in a perfectly straight line & never deviated from that.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

link   

link   
reply to post by Scaart

hi i also saw this in the stockport area,dont know much about these lanterns but cant imagine they can get that high and travel that fast very strange.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yes, my friend and i saw one near the Darrenth Valley hospital in Gravesend, Kent a week ago as we were driving down the A2. It was orange and reminded me of the top of a street light. It was real alright and no way was it marsh gas or anything explainable. Definately a UFO! Bye the way it was aproximately 10.45pm and sorry we were so encroached in watching it, we were too slow to get out our phones to take a picture. Since when have chinese lanterns been in vouge? No one i have spoken to know what they are! Nor did i until all this started.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by happinness]

[edit on 6-1-2009 by happinness]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Then why don't you buy some and find out. As I mentioned already I can see Stockport from my parents' garden and the lanterns I had went really high. They were called Glo-Lantern and bought from Amazon.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Scaart

hi i also saw this in the stockport area,dont know much about these lanterns but cant imagine they can get that high and travel that fast very strange.

Chances are you've never seen a chinese lantern before. So how would you know what they were capable of? Especially in high winds?

Nothing to see here. Especially considering there's no video's which give us any indication of what it is otherwise.

Chinese Lantern.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I know what a firework is! The Ufo my friend and i saw was definately not a paper lantern. I have seen at least 6/7 Ufo's over the years and this latest one was no toy!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hi, in response to the many sightings of ufos in england i must add that i live in coventry and have saw one also. i was in the back garden having a much needed smoke, when i noticed a strange orange light, floating in the sky. As i there is an airport close to my house i have extreme confidence that this object was no plane, as i spend my times smoking, watching planes or the stars in the sky. As i watched for approximately 1 to to 2 min it stayed static then in a blink of an eye, i watched in astonishment as it dissappeared from my view. I must stress i know what the flight patterns of planes adhere to and i fully believe that i saw either a russian spy plane or a ufo. I will be keeping a diligent eye on the skies around my city from now on.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Sorry ,I know am not on site alot but in reply to where am from interestingly Glasgow ,so someone else witnessed what I saw but at a different time ,I witnessed it at about 11pm so even though I presumed it had left the area it must`ve returned later.No I was`nt drunk and could clearly see it in comparison to glasgow prominent sites and appeared to be 30feet in diameter between15 -18feet in height was 2 miles away and was flare coloured orange ,but flickered crimson red only in milliseconds had internal motion ,flew at a speed of 20-30mph on initial observation then hovered, moved at the same speed again turned and accelerated south west right over our local airport estimated speed at that time ,considering the horizon about 500mph,then it was just a pinhead and vanished,total observation time5minutes ,I don`t believe flares can do this ,it was not a plane ,jet,flare,baloon,or even helicopter ,it was completly silent and I do believe it wanted to be seen as a flare ,as most people have commented there was a lot of partying going on and most people would probably see it as a flare not unless they took time to watch what the it was doing ,strange but a really don`t think humans operated this object because of its size characteristics,wee earthlings do need our room to stretch if you know what mean,but what on earth was it doing,where all these objects bringing in the new year all over the uk,were they steamin,a glaswegian slang for gettin drunk or did they want to join in the partying ,the list of ors could go on and on ,we will never know until one of them comes out with gort and explains it.By the way a thought the film was alright but did`nt like the ending ,think the director was pushed for budget and shortened the story.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

most ufo's can be explained away real easy.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
i was i ludvika in sweden over christmas. on the 24th my ma and pa saw one of the "newyearseve chinese lanterns". but it was not a lantern or balloon. it looked exactly like what alot o people been seing the past weeks. yellowred ball, although my dad who got a closer look said it had a triangular sort of shape. then on new years eve we saw the same sort of light before and during the fireworks. thefirst ball headed towards us on a pretty high altitude, then went straight up and disappeared. the fireworks kicked of with a couple of balls (shining very bright,for being 5km away and they didnt wobble or anything) coming over a hill (sbout 5 km away) and went over the lake we lived by pretty fast. i mean it took them about 3 minutes to go 10 km (looked it up on googleearth) they all went completely straight, and didnt ascend or descend or anyting. the next 4 went in another direction though. my dad who was a pilot in the air force over 30 years has never seen anything like it.

before all this, i hadnt thought about ufos properly in a looong while. the past 5 since i got home to my internet i have probably spent about a good 60 hours checking up on ufos, especially whats been going on recently, i was surprised that several swedish newspapers (aftonbladet) reported (very small notices given 1/20 of a page) about this, and all of them told me that we had seen chinese lanterns, the same explanations seems to go for all uk sightings as well. i dont believe all the reports could be lanterns or did i miss the latest chinese lanterns rage?

heres some of the swedish reports:
www.corren.se...
www.gp.se...
www.olandsbladet.se...

i dont know why, but it seems like theres been an awful lot of sightings the past month [past days ive been search ufo in googlenews like mad, or yahoos news, even youtube), but i didnt now about ATS until i started digging deeper and i never saw a ufo until the 24th, but are there always this many reports around this time of the year? or is there something more to it? is it a pr stunt by keanu reeves, or maybe making a blair witch style campaign for the 2012 movie coming out in a while?

ps i find it pretty interesting about the pope talking about ETs, and UK releasing ufo files and france if i remember correct.

sorry for my weird writing, im coffeinated and in workmode but tired, the times 0644 here and i need to shut my eyes and try and sleep. which will be a bit easier now since i got to tell someone about this that might believe me.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Reklaw

Ive been studying this subject for some time now. I had 3 neighbours that experienced a strange occurance over the houses in our street on Christmas Eve.

Aparently it was about 2-3 houses in diameter, round and black that you couldnt properly see because of the outline of the sky at the time - (23:45) I was told appoximately 20 lights - Orange, surrounding it. It was also silent and hovered low for quite some time.

I tend to keep to myself in this street, also this subject I also tend to keep to myself for obvious reasons. Not that I care, I tend to find its too much for most people to entertain.

Im told one of my neighbours managed to get a photograph of the craft before it drifted accross the houses then shot accross then went straight up.
I'm going to get him to send it to me, if I can then I'll try and upload it onto the site if anyone wishes to see it?

I know I havent seen it yet or witnessed it but if a sceptic can describe to me how a firework manages to do that then I'll show you someone potentially intoxicated or in denial.

Funnily enough at the time my neighbour described to me when it occured I was actually lying on my couch watching a UFO disclosure video.

Around that time I must have let my dog out for a pee.... all I can say is If I would have seen it I would have probably joined him

lol
Morgs

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by morg9000

i was i dalarna in sweden over christmas. on the 24th my ma and pa saw one of the "newyearseve chinese lanterns". but it was not a lantern or balloon. it looked exactly like what alot o people been seing the past weeks. yellowred ball, although my dad who got a closer look said it had a triangular sort of shape. then on new years eve we saw the same sort of light before and during the fireworks. thefirst ball headed towards us on a pretty high altitude, then went straight up and disappeared. the fireworks kicked of with a couple of balls (shining very bright,for being 5km away and they didnt wobble or anything) coming over a hill (sbout 5 km away) and went over the lake we lived by pretty fast. i mean it took them about 3 minutes to go 10 km (looked it up on googleearth) they all went completely straight, and didnt ascend or descend or anyting. the next 4 went in another direction though. my dad who was a pilot in the air force over 30 years has never seen anything like it.

before all this, i hadnt thought about ufos properly in a looong while. the past 5 since i got home to my internet i have probably spent about a good 60 hours checking up on ufos, especially whats been going on recently, i was surprised that several swedish newspapers (aftonbladet) reported (very small notices given 1/20 of a page) about this, and all of them told me that we had seen chinese lanterns, the same explanations seems to go for all uk sightings as well. i dont believe all the reports could be lanterns or did i miss the latest chinese lanterns rage?

heres some of the swedish reports:
www.corren.se...
www.gp.se...
www.olandsbladet.se...

i dont know why, but it seems like theres been an awful lot of sightings the past month [past days ive been search ufo in googlenews like mad, or yahoos news, even youtube), but i didnt now about ATS until i started digging deeper and i never saw a ufo until the 24th, but are there always this many reports around this time of the year? or is there something more to it? is it a pr stunt by keanu reeves, or maybe making a blair witch style campaign for the 2012 movie coming out in a while?

ps i find it pretty interesting about the pope talking about ETs, and UK releasing ufo files and france if i remember correct.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

I saw exactly the same thing over Nottingham on Christmas Day around 8 o' clock. It looked like a bedside lamp or small hot air balloon, but the ornage glow wasn't flickering

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

I saw them too!! In Chorlton, Manchester, (UK) just after midnight on new years eve, there were about five of them moving slowly across the sky, I've never seen anything like it! First I thought they were strange fireworks, but they looked just like gentle orange fires floating across the sky and I realized they couldn't be traditional fireworks as they lasted too long. Also they were completely silent, it was quite eerie. Eventually they disappeared. I called my Mum and she said she thought we were being invaded!!:-) I don't know what they were but I didn't think anything of it till I read this. I thought they were some new firework in our area, but now I know they were all over the UK I am quite shocked!! I've never seen a UFO before! xxx

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join