It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nader call for Bush to be impeached

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader called Tuesday for President Bush to be impeached for "deceiving the American people night after night after night" about U.S. involvement in Iraq.

"When you plunge our country into war on a platform of fabrications and deceptions, and you bring back thousands of American soldiers who are sick, injured or dead, and that war is unconstitutionally authorized to begin with, Mr. Bush's behavior qualifies for the high crimes and misdemeanor impeachment clause of the Constitution," the 2000 Green Party presidential nominee said to applause from about 200 students at Columbia College Chicago.

Rest of article

I think Nader should just bow out. He has no chance of getting any electoral votes, let alone be a legitimate candidate.

People that vote for him will get Bush re-elected because it will take away votes from Kerry. Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
1) Big surprise. This has been used again and again for stark Bush haters

2) The vote thing has been hashed up a lot around here.

I'll respond anyway.

I think Bush should be impeached in that some investigation into Bush and Iraq needs to be done considering the descrepancies involved. Presidents have been impeached for less. Clinton is a prime example of that.

As for voting, anyone who tries to sway someone from voting for someone who does not represent their views in hopes of ousting Bush may be a realist, but is fundamentally un-Ameican.

Vote your heart and screw what people say.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

As for voting, anyone who tries to sway someone from voting for someone who does not represent their views in hopes of ousting Bush may be a realist, but is fundamentally un-Ameican.

You know what, you are right. I shouldn't have said that about Nader. You should always vote your heartl and screw the other people. Thanks for pointing that out!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It would be a nice thought to see bush get impeached and actually have it stick, but seeing as how much of the goverment is controlled by the GOP I really don't see it hapening. Unfortunately this move will only hamper any effort nader is making, beacuse it will just bring more flak aginast him by the "anybody but bush" people since they think hes such a threat to them.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't know what his policies are but good for him...

Bush is a liar, Clinton was a liar, they were both bad presidents. Clinton got impeached for something that is very minor compared to Bush's scandalous criminal activities that have gone unaccounted for so far.

There should be more little guys out there fighting for whats right instead of the two parties that will just ramble on and on until they get the sheep to clap and holler, which makes them think they got them wrapped around their finger. Neither party is honest anymore, they are both obsessed with the oval office and will say anything to get there. Since when were the American people's interests at heart? Not for along time anyway... I think they've disappeared.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

You know what, you are right. I shouldn't have said that about Nader. You should always vote your heartl and screw the other people. Thanks for pointing that out!

Thank you. Here's more to chew on.

With only two parties and voter apathy, we have come to the "lesser of two evils" mentality which is the bain of real leadership (what we despritely need).

To make the "lesser of two evils" more poiniant, this mentality has created a vacuum that disallows any who run opposite the two parties for the very reason we see now.

To get one out of power, we must all vote for the other, which (in this case) the Dems are putting all their energy into. Being a hard thing to vote out an incumbant president in general, the out of power party would be ill served to have someone "stealing their votes" thusly they will do everything to kill any opposition by means only the two parties have.

Media power/prestige, not to mention the money they can throw around from their respective collective efforts.

It's sad really. We have to take back this country from our own selves and KILL decisively the mentalities have rule us.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
TrueLies > very true, its more about how believeable their promises to the public are than wether or not they make good on them. To make matters worse to this end the whole idea of getting bush out of office ( which i thing is a good goal ) has made it even harder for any party other than the two to establish a foothold.

I have to wonder what Nader would be like in office, since to the best of my knowledge no candidate even remotely similar as ever held office, its always been a Dem or Rep or some other variation/off-shoot of the two.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A president will never be impeached and convicted here in the US. The political party which opposes the president would be too worried that if they did it, their next president would be impeached. That was one of the biggest reasons Trent Lott killed the impeachment of Clinton.

If Bush were to be impeached for this, and Kerry somehow won the election, there would, in all likelyhood, be an attempt to impeach him. Then the next republican president would have impeachment filings against him/her. Then the next dem, etc. The only real way to impeach a president would be to elect Nader or an independant to office...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Didn't Nixon get impeached for his scanalous criminal activities????

shouldnt right be right??? oh wait nevermind, if your a politician the dirtiest of the dirty always come out on top.... and we say 'oh well'!! could be worse.
so yeah lets have heinz kerry or dubya take office in nov, whoever is the lesser of two evils...
fcuk third parties, who just might be able to take back this country and put it into the hands of the american ppeople... Like it should be...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nixon quit right before they were going to impeach him...But he may actually have been the exception to what I stated before...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This site has been up since the whole Iraq thing started.

impeachbush.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The fact that voting is an exercise in voting for the lesser of the two evils is just one reason why voting is MEANINGLESS...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Voting is not meaningless. That fact that we (as a whole) vote in an uneducated mannor is what makes the votes less powerful.

Voting itself is not meaningless if only for the fact that you take the time to get involved.

Almost more people don't vote than do vote. They are meaningless much more than the votes.

Voiceless people.

new topics

top topics

join