It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream or More?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I really don't know where to put this and I apologize if this is in the wrong spot, but it seems to be along the same lines as what I'm thinking of putting it in, (I thought of the UFO field but it doesn't have any evidence except for my word alone and that simply isn't enough for some people so without further ado here is what has been on my mind.)

This involves an event that happened just a few hours ago (perhaps around 1:10 PM today in which I went back to sleep or rather wanted to go back to sleep (full 7-8 hours) but ended up being a nap. The reason being and the reason I'm posting this is because of something that occured between the time of 1:10 PM and 3:27 PM (Sorry I don't know the exact time in which I woke up but it's roughly in that time.)

I went to bed any other way, I took two sheets of covers and tried to wrap myself up in them (Sort of like a cocoon). Once I had finished that I pretty much started to drift off into sleep, questioning various things in life like I usually do. Only thing is right before I started to drift into sleep, my mind went to the idea of "Greys" (I guess everyone calls them that now?) and felt as if one was in the room, at first I thought it was just a mere mind game till it felt like something "Sharp" hit my ear. The best way to describe it is the way in which one hears that screeching sound if you turn up the volume of static TV real loud then back down to a softer tone. Basically in that instant it makes you jump or something of the sort. Well I got hit with something like that about two or three times, and being that I heard the same thing in the past I think I knew what was coming, but tried to stay awake this time.

For the most part this is where things started to get hazy for me, for a time being it felt as if I was asleep and it was a dream, it also felt as if I projected and was on the astral plane doing all of this. While at the same time it also felt as if I were awake and this was happening in real time. Though I should probably state the experience first. Within' this.."lost - space" (still not sure which field to put this experience under) it felt like I was fighting something. For the most part this is where I think it's the astral plane or asleep, because I have a few things in my room (RB2 drum set) that would have gotten in the way if I were fighting in real life. Yet when I woke up my arms, back and legs were in pain. Which leads me to believe that it may have been physical? Or perhaps Astral or sleep related dream that caused me to have some sort of physical pain?

So in a nut shell that is what happened today and wondering if this would go under another possible abduction incident or perhaps it was merely my mind playing a game with me at the moment? Oh and before I forget not really new, I have another name on ATS - Leviatano but I kind of forgot my password to my email so sending a password to that email seems like it won't help, so in the end I just had to make a new name all together.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you could picture what the sound LOOKED like, how would you describe it. I've experienced what you've experienced quite often. It seems to me like one of two things.... either caused by real beings, or a hallucination induced by what is called electronic targeting.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
In a way it feels like it would look like a type of swirl going around some type of pole perhaps? That's at least what I envision if I think back on it, a rod with a current going about it; maybe one or two currents?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
During sleep paralysis, one can often experience auditory and visual hallucinations. Some people claim these are of a spiritual nature, and are real beyond our physical reality. Some say they are just figments and creations of your own brain chemistry. So maybe you were visited by interdimensional greys.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You could be experiencing overt manipulation by a 'quantum surveillance' system. I believe this system to be a quantum computer with strong AI located in a deep underground military base which uses electromagnetic radiation through a satellite constellation for techlepathy and mind control. I believe it uses advanced signal processing and quantum entanglement (something like quantum radar) to interact with systems at neuronal (at least) spatial and temporal resolution. It could also be technology not based on current physical laws; either way it exists and is being used by a secret branch of government.
Here is some background information: Military AI Supercomputer Mind Monitoring: What I have learned
Technological Singularity

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmk81
You could be experiencing overt manipulation by a 'quantum surveillance' system. I believe this system to be a quantum computer with strong AI located in a deep underground military base which uses electromagnetic radiation through a satellite constellation for techlepathy and mind control. I believe it uses advanced signal processing and quantum entanglement (something like quantum radar) to interact with systems at neuronal (at least) spatial and temporal resolution. It could also be technology not based on current physical laws; either way it exists and is being used by a secret branch of government.
Here is some background information: Military AI Supercomputer Mind Monitoring: What I have learned
Technological Singularity

Ah...this one truly blew my mind and just had to reply to it to, to be honest I don't know what to think of it and don't know whether to take it as truth or not. I know there were a couple of topics in the past in which people were talking about a governmental machine that manipulated ones mind and that something stronger was in production. Though I don't know something of that sort sounds sci-fi~ish, then again Greys are supposed to be figments of ones imagination, but perhaps they are more. Suppose I'll look into this as well. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
During sleep paralysis, one can often experience auditory and visual hallucinations. Some people claim these are of a spiritual nature, and are real beyond our physical reality. Some say they are just figments and creations of your own brain chemistry. So maybe you were visited by interdimensional greys.

Ah yeah I've heard of things happening in the midst of sleep paralysis, but the only thing is I haven't had one since I lived back in South Carolina (I think I was around 6 at that time) and I am about 19 now. I only recall having one then, I remember waking up and not being able to move, though perhaps I may be missing some other side-effects of sleep paralysis, they can still happen even if one is unaware of it happening I assume?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

For the most part this is where things started to get hazy for me, for a time being it felt as if I was asleep and it was a dream, it also felt as if I projected and was on the astral plane doing all of this. While at the same time it also felt as if I were awake and this was happening in real time. Though I should probably state the experience first. Within' this.."lost - space" (still not sure which field to put this experience under) it felt like I was fighting something. For the most part this is where I think it's the astral plane or asleep, because I have a few things in my room (RB2 drum set) that would have gotten in the way if I were fighting in real life. Yet when I woke up my arms, back and legs were in pain. Which leads me to believe that it may have been physical? Or perhaps Astral or sleep related dream that caused me to have some sort of physical pain?

Usually a person will dream about the last thing that pops into there mind, however the person rarely is able to remember the last thing that pops into there mind (confusing I know..lol..). This hearing, that you described as a swirl around a pole, could have been static from the tv and hears why I say that. Before a person fully drifts away into sleep, there senses are at there highest and if a loud piercing noise comes on there tv, radio, earbuds or anything it will hurt and feel like a stabbing feeling in your ear, a strange smell that you remember for the rest of the day, etc.

Possibly you could have been in the deepest REM sleep that you can go allowing for strange lucid dream feelings. Pain during sleep is possible, what happens when you dream is that your brain will trigger a chemical to paralize your body and prevent thrashing around and unwanted movement (Sleep walking and thrashing around). What could have happened is that you went into REM so fast that your brain could not inject the chemical fast enough and you could have been actually moving or fighting to move because the chemical was trying to stop everything.

So in a nut shell that is what happened today and wondering if this would go under another possible abduction incident or perhaps it was merely my mind playing a game with me at the moment?

Ok I personally do not believe it was an abduction, just chemicals trying to work. Not your mind playing tricks, but your body and brain just not on the same page.

I remember waking up and not being able to move, though perhaps I may be missing some other side-effects of sleep paralysis, they can still happen even if one is unaware of it happening I assume?

It does, however its natural for it to occur, only until you actually experience it then its abnormal because (in simple terms) your mind wakes up before your brain turns off the chemicals.

I did my best to explain!
Hope this explanation was helpful!

~TheMythLives

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LokMessier
I remember waking up and not being able to move, though perhaps I may be missing some other side-effects of sleep paralysis, they can still happen even if one is unaware of it happening I assume?

Yes. The hallucinations that occur while in sleep paralysis are a result of being in a hypnagogic or hypnopompic state. These things usually go hand in hand but can come separate of eachother. I personally have only experienced sleep paralysis two or three times, while hypnagogic sound and images are a very regular thing for me.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I was wondering if REM sleep was actually possible before it's time, I suppose it is. Usually I hear it happens at least 90 minutes or so after one falls asleep, though since this felt like it was well before 90 minutes or perhaps even 60 minutes for that matter, this is why I was unable to tell which direction to look to (Astral Projection, Dream, or Abduction) though seeing that it is possible [though maybe rare?] for REM to happen before the 90 minute mark, I'm starting to think it was just one of those powerful dreams and a bit more inclined to accept what you have stated. Thanks

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Okay, thank you, just trying to figure this all out. As it seemed unusual for some of the things that were happening to happen.

top topics

join