It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't fall for Israeli propaganda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If we avoid falling for Israeli propaganda.....then we should avoid falling for Hamas' constant whining about the Israelis attacking them

They are both morons, one uses helicopter gunships and tanks....the other uses primitive rocket attacks and suicide bombers, and subsequently innocent civilians are killed in the attacks.

Deal with it people, they are both responsible for these attrocities

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottsquared
Cheers John!

Happy New Year!!

I did go to that site you provided a link to.
and I added you as a friend here.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

You are now my friend and I stared your post.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Both sides have done wrong. The problem is that Hamas is a Terrorist group. There is no way around that. Anyone apologizing for them is saying they approve of Terrorism.

The way I see it is that some people hate Jews so much they are completely blind to the atrocities committed by Hamas even against the Palestinians they have butchered. Hamas has in fact killed far more Palestinians than Israel has. Anyone ignoring that fact has proven their real desire is the destruction of the Jews for whatever sick reason that is in their heads.

No flag and no star as this was clearly assembled by the equivalent of a member of the KKK, Nazi Party or Aryan Nation. No matter how I feel about Israels errors in judgment I can not support that kind of hatred.

Condemn the actions of Hamas and all Terrorists for that matter and I'll listen honestly to the complaints about Israel with an open mind. Otherwise it is just the ramblings of yet another evil hate group too cowardly to admit their own bigotry. I'd have more respect if they would just say, I hate Jews and want them all dead. At least that would be honest. Pretending Hamas is anything other than a Terrorist organization just proves what the real facts are.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

israel will rightfully keep droping bombs on gazza & any area being used by insane nutters that fire primitave rockets againsts israel, no matter how you put it if you attacked my country with primitave rockets ide want you killed by my contrys military

& the next rocket launchers also killed,
& if any one suggests that israel should not exsist, ide say go look at who has lived in that area over the past 2000 years, & it soon becomes apparent that no one owns the land.
happy new years to israel

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Those who so quickly condemn Israel's RESPONSE to Hamas attacks are exposed as the worst kind of hypocrites for they remain silent while Hamas launches rockets at innocent Israelis.

... and those who don't understand that 60 years of aggression, ethnic cleansing and taking land will not create at least some sort of resistance are even greater hypocrites (not to mention unintelligent naive sheep)...

are you also saying that french resistance during nazi occupation was wrong?

that's ridiculous!

what hamas is doing is RESPONSE of decades of israeli oppression

and you are calling us hypocrites? look at yourself first!

WHAT???? ISRAEL GOT ITS OWN LAND BACK IN THE 6 DAYS WAR!!! That land has historically belonged to the JEWS until they were pushed out by various conquering peoples, the last of whom were the Ottomans. Im sorry but any Palestinian sympathizers are woefully misguided!!!! But, you dont have to take MY word for it, you can merely research the history of the land. It belonged to the JEWS FIRST. If they feel they have a right to reclaim it, who are you or I or even the Arabs to say otherwise (no matter HOW long the Ottoman empire occupied it--and THAT IS A FACT, that the "occupiers" of Palestine are actually the ARABS.)
please see History of Arab/Israeli conflict

also, here is Wiki's entry:
Land of Israel

Also, obviously, your comparison is NOT accurate. Germany never occupied French lands prior to WWII, and never made any claim on them. French resistance to German occupation was the normal resistance of a people who had always been there.

In the case of Israel, the Jews have a long history in that area, if you scratch the soil even just a little bit, you find JEWISH artifacts, NOT ARAB ONES. That IS, and ALWAYS WAS JEWISH LAND.

[edit on 12/31/08 by irishgrl]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

have I entered the twilight zone?

You have intentionally pretended that Hamas is not a Terrorist group, that Hamas has not killed more Palestinians than Israel has and that Hamas has not launched nearly 4000 missiles or grenades during the cease fire. Why is that? Is it that Jewish lives are expendable in your mind and that Terrorists lives and families are not?

Ask yourself why it is that even the Muslim countries do not want the Palestinians? Could it be that their own actions damned them? Could it be that strapping bombs to children and blowing up civilians is objectionable to some?

There is a difference between hating Jews simply because they exist and hating Terrorists like Hamas because they are evil monsters who care so little about human life they kill their own people if they don't follow them in lock step.

The Jewish People of Israel can come and go as they please, believe as they please or not believe without fear of death or harm from their government or religious leaders. The Palestinians are slaves of Hamas and are REQUIRED to side with all the evil they do under the threat of death or destruction at their own peoples hands. There is a difference.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here's one of my reponses to the so called land grab the Israel haters keep spouting off about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

have I entered the twilight zone?

You have intentionally pretended that Hamas is not a Terrorist group, that Hamas has not killed more Palestinians than Israel has and that Hamas has not launched nearly 4000 missiles or grenades during the cease fire. Why is that? Is it that Jewish lives are expendable in your mind and that Terrorists lives and families are not?

Ask yourself why it is that even the Muslim countries do not want the Palestinians? Could it be that their own actions damned them? Could it be that strapping bombs to children and blowing up civilians is objectionable to some?

There is a difference between hating Jews simply because they exist and hating Terrorists like Hamas because they are evil monsters who care so little about human life they kill their own people if they don't follow them in lock step.

The Jewish People of Israel can come and go as they please, believe as they please or not believe without fear of death or harm from their government or religious leaders. The Palestinians are slaves of Hamas and are REQUIRED to side with all the evil they do under the threat of death or destruction at their own peoples hands. There is a difference.

THANK YOU. Nice to see someone besides myself posting the TRUTH.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Here's one of my reponses to the so called land grab the Israel haters keep spouting off about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I said this on your other thread, but I meant to say it HERE: We share a brain I see

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I will never fall for any propaghanda, im very very awake, i question everything and i dont believe anything, my mind is so open i wont write anything off till i am convinced myself

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
this is from a Yahoo News article:

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – The Gaza Strip has lost its last lifeline after five days of Israeli bombing raids that destroyed dozens of smuggling tunnels under the sandy border with Egypt.

The passages did not just supply Hamas with arms, but brought in flour, fuel and baby milk. For Gazans, already used to blackouts and shortages from an 18-month border blockade, the daily hunt for basics is ever more desperate — though there are no reports of outright hunger.

"I fed the children cooked tomatoes today, I can't find bread," Nima Burdeini, a mother of 11, said Wednesday at the Rafah refugee camp on the Gaza-Egypt border.

Israeli warplanes pounded the illicit tunnels as a part of the heavy bombardment of Hamas targets in Gaza that began Saturday. The hundreds of tunnels were seen as key to keeping Hamas in power.

After the Islamic militants seized Gaza by force in June 2007 Israel and Egypt imposed a blockade on the territory, allowing in only basic goods and humanitarian supplies.

The article goes on to state that Israel is allowing humanitarian aid in...also, that the Palestinian Arabs are busily plotting the construction of new tunnels. SO: Israel is allowing humanitarian aid in EVEN AS Palestinian Arabs are busily plotting how to smuggle in arms to bomb Israel with....hmmm....

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I find it highly absurd, and absolutely ludicrous, to begin a statement defending the Terrorist Organization Hamas, with a description of their "Poverty". So Poverty gives one a right to rob, steal, rape, and kill? Maybe we should apply the same logic towards our American Inner-Cities as well? Maybe the next time a wanna-be thug rapes someones mom, kills someones grandfather, or robs a house, "Poverty" could be used as a justifiable defense! Absolutely Amazing!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

in opposition to the fact of them being pawns of Arab/Islamic regimes intent on the obliteration of the lawful State of Israel.

Oh, great! Not again.

Can you say oxymoron?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

in opposition to the fact of them being pawns of Arab/Islamic regimes intent on the obliteration of the lawful State of Israel.

Oh, great! Not again.

Can you say oxymoron?

Hmm . . . oxymoron ...

Is that like a megaphony?

Definitions: megaphony: an obedient supporter of all things Israeli. Megaphonies are generally alerted to a thread by the Israeli propaganda application, Megaphone, which summons computer users en masse to squash any truths told about Israel's activities.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

"... and those who don't understand that 60 years of aggression, ethnic cleansing and taking land will not create at least some sort of resistance are even greater hypocrites (not to mention unintelligent naive sheep)..."

OMG ANTISEMiTE!!!!!!!! Get him quick, he has facts!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Sir I never tire of reading your posts.

Bravo.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
this article is from the NY Times, posted today..

A dentist stood at the bed of a doctor, his good friend Ehab Madhoun, 32, who had just died, his shrapnel-pitted body wrapped in a white shroud.

The day before, Dr. Madhoun, a general practitioner, was in an ambulance responding to an Israeli strike at the Jabalya refugee camp in northern Gaza. Another missile hit the ambulance. The driver, Muhammad Abu Hasira, died instantly. Dr. Madhoun lingered for a day, dying of his wounds on Wednesday in the intensive care unit of Shifa Hospital, where hundreds of people have been brought since Israel began its heaviest assault on Gaza in three decades.

The dentist cried.

“He was just doing his work,” said the dentist, who would not give his name. “He’s a doctor, and I can’t understand why Israel would hit an ambulance. They can tell from the cameras it’s an ambulance.”

It has always been this way, over years of conflict here, that civilians are killed in the densely populated Gaza Strip when Israel stages military operations it says are essential for its security. But five days of Israeli airstrikes have surpassed past operations in scale and intensity; the long-distance bombardment of the Hamas-controlled territory has, however well aimed at those suspected of being militants, splintered families and shattered homes in one of the most densely populated places on Earth.

Among the total dead — between 320 and 390, according to the United Nations — Palestinian medical officials say that 38 were children and 25 were women. The United Nations agency that helps Palestinian refugees said 25 percent of those killed had been civilians. Israel said it knew of 40 civilian deaths but that it was still checking.

Israeli officials are coming under increasing pressure to ease conditions for civilians, with tight supplies of electricity, water, food and medicine worsening shortages in an area already largely sealed off from the outside world. While Israel on Wednesday refused a 48-hour cease-fire suggested by the French to allow critical supplies into Gaza, it has been sensitive enough to the ever-louder complaints to say it will do all it can to allow in supplies.

On the issue of civilian casualties, Israeli officials maintain that they do not take aim at civilians and do everything possible — like using precision-guidance systems, up-to-the minute intelligence, leaflets and phone calls to targeted areas — to avoid hitting them.

They say killing and wounding civilians only undermines their primary mission: to stop Hamas from firing rockets into civilian areas of Israel.

“I haven’t seen too many tears shed in Paris, London or Berlin over the fact that we have hit Hamas targets,” said Mark Regev, a spokesman for Israel’s prime minister, Ehud Olmert. “So we have many reasons, both moral and political, for doing the utmost to make sure that our strikes are as surgical as possible.”

Further complicating matters is that fact that Gaza is the size of Detroit, with one and a half times as many people. The military and government facilities of Hamas are intertwined with buildings where Gaza’s civilian population lives and works. Israelis say Hamas fires rockets at Israel from civilian neighborhoods.

The United States military has also faced much criticism for killing civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan, despite what officials say is the utmost precaution against doing so.

In Gaza, human rights groups say that the new scale of Israel’s operation puts the area’s civilians, even those accustomed to conflict, under particular stress. Some of the wounded are afraid to seek treatment at the already overwhelmed hospitals, fearful of heading into a rocket attack while driving through streets of pummeled buildings and concrete shards.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Cont...

Large, multigenerational families huddle in their houses, hoarding the shrinking supplies of water, food and gasoline. Despite the cold, many have kept their windows open to prevent them from shattering when bombs explode nearby. Shops are closed except for grocery stores, bakeries and pharmacies.

“Conditions for parents and children in Gaza are dangerous and frightening,” Maxwell Gaylard, United Nations humanitarian coordinator for the Palestinian territories, said in a statement.

“It is absolutely crucial that there is an end to the fighting,” he said. “Without it, more civilians will continue to be killed. Without the violence stopping, it is extremely difficult to get food to people who need it, we cannot assess where the most urgent needs are.”
The ambiguity was evident at the intensive care ward in Shifa Hospital, where Dr. Madhoun’s body lay. There were 11 patients. One was a pharmacist, Rawya Awad, 32, who had a shrapnel wound to the head. Several were police officers. It was impossible to know the identities of many of the others.

But there were several children in another intensive care unit on Tuesday. Among them was Ismael Hamdan, 8, who had severe brain damage as well as two broken legs, according to a doctor there. Earlier that day, two of his sisters, Lama, 5, and Hayya, 12, were killed.

“I prepared them breakfast that day in the garden,” said their mother, Ayda, 36. “They had the tea, bread and thyme. Lama wanted a second pita, but we all teased her saying, ‘Keep it for lunch.’ She told us, ‘Don’t worry, God will provide us with bread.’

“She made all of us laugh,” the mother said. “I cleaned after them and collected the garbage. Ismael volunteered to dump the garbage, but Hayya and Lama joined him. The garbage can is in front of the house, a five-minute walk away. All of a sudden I heard the news from a neighbor, and I ran barefoot to the hospital. A relative collected the bodies of Lama and Hayya on a donkey cart.

“The neighbors ran trying to save Ismael, who was the only one breathing,” she said. “They say my kids flew 40 meters before hitting the ground.”

Ismael died Wednesday night.

At Kamal Edwan Hospital in Beit Lahiya, in northern Gaza, Mahmoud al-Sheik, 11, was recovering from wounds he received two days before — he thinks from a rocket fired by an Israeli warplane. Even at his age, he is aware of how fighters and civilians are mixed together in Gaza, saying that the bomb was aimed at the house of his neighbor, Salim Zaqout, whom he identified as a member of Hamas.

“But Zaqout and his family evacuated the house a few days ago,” Mahmoud said. “Can’t Israel see all these houses that are adjacent to Zaqout’s? Now Zaqout’s house is completely destroyed, but so are other houses that have nothing to do with Hamas.

“I have a big hole in my left hand. The doctor told me I’m fine. He filled the hole,” Mahmoud said, “but it’s hurting. It feels like fire inside it.”

In the debate over civilian casualties, there is no clear understanding of what constitutes a military target. Palestinians argue that because Hamas is also the government in Gaza, many of the police officers who have been killed were civil servants, not hard-core militants. Israel disagrees, asserting also that a university chemistry laboratory, which it claims was used for making rockets, was a fair target in an attack this week, even if it could not show conclusively that those inside the laboratory at the time where engaged in making weapons. "

Gaza has become the worlds largest open air prison..a year ago 500 trucks per day carried supplies to Gaza...60 were allowed through yesterday...

[edit on 1-1-2009 by benoni]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
cont.

The Palestinians are being starved, theres no flour, powercuts,or no electricity at all is commonplace, which obviously extends to hospitals, schools, homes etc...these people are suffering unimaginably....whilst the world is silent...it took Dubbya 5 days to even pick up the phone to talk to Elmud(sp?)....

I would be considering firing rockets too if my family were being treated the same as the Polish Ghettos(what a sad irony....)whilst the rest of the planet did nothing...its a disgrace...

I am not Anti Israeli...I hate their foreign policies though.....

I am not pro Palestinian either... i'm Pro Humanity...

Surely the civilian population deserves better??

Surely a Palestinian life is equally as valuable as a Jewish life??

I sincerely believe some of the above posters are sick....to applaud the IDF's murderous policies is pathetic at best....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join