It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Legalizes Crucifixion - on Christmas Eve

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
World Jewish Review

On Tuesday, Hamas legislators marked the Christmas season by passing a Shari'a criminal code for the Palestinian Authority. Among other things, it legalizes crucifixion.

Hamas's endorsement of nailing enemies of Islam to crosses came at the same time it renewed its jihad. Here, too, Hamas wanted to make sure that Christians didn't feel neglected as its fighters launched missiles at Jewish day care centers and schools. So on Wednesday, Hamas lobbed a mortar shell at the Erez crossing point

Hamas allegedly legalized crucifixion - on Christmas Eve.
I say ALLEGEDLY.
There is evidence that supports that they have.
But there also allegedly is a denial on Dec. 26th from Hamas.
The waters are very muddy on this one.

This law would cover those living in Gaza as well as other 'palestinian' areas.

CBN Reports that Hamas denies the crucifixion story. But CBN also states that there is information that says the original crucifixion story is true. This article has excellent information showing back and forth statements from Hamas.

Palestinian Media Watch claims the crucifixon story is false.

I'm not sure what to think of this. Perhaps it was passed and now they are trying to hide it. Or perhaps it wasn't passed but the Sharia laws are so tough that crucifixion would be acceptable depending on subjective interpretations

The law was supposedly passed Dec 24.
The denial supposedly came Dec 26.
This is still unfolding.

I am presenting this information to you for discussion.

Rightside News
Jerusalem Post
Little Green Footballs

[edit on 12/31/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How about sticking to the facts instead of trying to illicit hatred through sensationalism. Why post this junk if you can't even confirm it?

IRM

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
How about sticking to the facts instead of trying to illicit hatred through sensationalism. Why post this junk if you can't even confirm it?

lovely little rant

newsflash - there are TWO sides to this story and here at ATS we DENY IGNORANCE and get to the bottom of these things. Part of that is digging through muck to find truth.

I'm sure you hope it isn't true. It sure would look nasty on those 'poor palestinians' if it is true. And at this point there are more indications that it IS true than not true.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

IRM

Well said.

I've a couple of more then to add to the sensationalism

A storm erupted in the Knesset plenum yesterday, following Transport Minister Avigdor Lieberman's reported proposal to provide buses to take the Palestinian prisoners that Israel releases to a place "whence they will not return."

According to another report, Lieberman said the prisoners should be drowned in the Dead Sea and he would provide the buses to take them there.

Source: Haaretz

or this one:

In 1998, Lieberman called for the flooding of Egypt by bombing the Aswan Dam in retaliation for Egyptian support for Yasser Arafat.

Source

Oh and this one is totally stunning:

Hitler admirer fires up Israeli election
A politician in Israel has captured the public imagination by embracing not only Nazi-style extremism, but by publicly saying that Hitler was a genius. Moshe Feiglin’s right-wing views on the Palestinians have aroused a mixture of horror, curiosity and admiration in the Jewish state.

Feiglin moved from the fringe of Israeli politics – the lunatic fringe, some say – into realpolitik when he won 20th place in the Likud Party’s list of legislative candidates in primaries this month.

The strong showing made it almost certain that he would make it into the Knesset in February’s parliamentary elections.

His popularity derives from his extreme right-wing views. Although these are alien to Likud’s more centrist position, they have galvanized some registered members of the party who are now voting for him en bloc.

Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu, concerned that Feiglin could undermine the party’s moderate image, has arranged for him to be moved down to 36th place on a technicality, making it doubtful he will receive a Knesset seat.

Source

My contribution of sensationalism to this thread.

Happy new year by the way, Flyersfan.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
I've a couple of more then to add to the sensationalism

:shk: How about you all STICK TO THE TOPIC instead of trying to deflect.

Hamas legalizes crucifixion is the topic.

That's not 'sensationalism'. That's a news story.

If it were the Jews legalizing crucifixion the flies here would be all over it.

hypocricy.

Oh .. and happy new year to you too Mdv2

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well said, both sides have blood on their hands.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If true it is not a surprise, I wonder if the west could legalize something in return? Personally, I hope Isreal kicks the crap out of Hamas.

They started it, and were warned repeatedly.....

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I like the way you used allegedly. Shows that you are being fair minded about the article. It also helps to bring up the discussion what if.

What if they did legalize it? Would they ever carry through with it?

How would the world react? Would they simply turn their head the same way when Hamas launches its rockets?

If anybody is capable of passing such an act, groups like Hamas lead the pact.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Good thread, FF. And kudos for pointing out that you were uncertain of the veracity of the thread. Not many here would have done that.

If true, it is a disgusting slap against humanity.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Great Thread and good on you for pointing out that’s it’s a story that still being verified , In the spirit of this forum we can post articles that may prove to be a load of Bull and in this case I hope its it false.

On another note , I have noticed that the threads with the anti and pro Jewish/ Palestine camps seem to be full of people trying to spin the stories. I wonder who many have a vested interest seeing the threads spin from one side to the next with the facts having very little to do with it at all.

There is a propaganda war taken place everywhere

[edit on 1-1-2009 by dwh0]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
IMHO, it would not be surprising if the story were true. They have no issue with shooting unguided rockets into the general population, blowing themselves up around unarmed civilians, rampaging through the streets with construction equipment, etc. etc. etc. They have no regard for human life other than that of fellow Muslims and are completely intolerant of the "infidel" non-Muslim. They refuse to seriously take part in working towards an equitable peace settlement. They continuously find new and creative ways to kill noncombatants. They are no more than murderers and terrorists.

Why would it be a surprise that they could legalize crucifixion?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
While the story sure will bring the sympathies and the propaganda against Hamas in Palestine in the view of the massacre been wagged by Israel, I can not deny that is all nothing but lies, coming from nothing than a Zionist supported site.

Sorry Flyes but when I watch the news and I see the propaganda been played by the corporate run media I become ashame of what our nation has become when it comes to allowing the death of innocents either by our hands or by the hands of those that our government support.

Perhaps I would have laughed at the OP in other conditions and in other situation but when I see what is going on in the middle east and the support our nation is giving to it, I just feel nauseated at the hypocrisy.

this links show the Sites in Zionism and that link you have is one of them,

www.alexa.com...

[edit on 1-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
While the story sure will bring the sympathies and the propaganda against Hamas in Palestine ...

That's just it .. we don't know if it's propaganda or truth. Look at what Hamas itself has said about this - (just some of the back and forth)

A month ago the Hamas minister of justice confirmed: "This [Islamic Law Penal] is being discussed at the sessions of the [Palestinian] Legislative Council, for a second reading." (al-Rissala [Hamas], Nov. 12, 2008)

Today Hamas denied: "The Hamas movement. hastened to deny the reports about its approval of an Islamic Penal Code." (al-Ayyam, Dec. 25, 2008)

A month ago the head of the Bureau of Islamic Law confirmed:

"The Bureau of Islamic Law is preparing a Penal Code in order to implement Sharia - Islamic law...Muhammad Abed, Head of the Bureau of Islamic Law and legal advisor to the Prime Minister [Ismail Haniyeh of Hamas], said...that the code includes 14 chapters and 220 clauses, and includes in its chapters the basis of the penal code." (al-Rissala [Hamas], Nov. 9, 2008). 25, 2008)

There is more back and forth shown at the article here .

The pro-palestinian camp is quick to dismiss this as propaganda.
But there is enough evidence to show that it is possible that this
is true. It may be SUBJECTIVE analysis of the Hamas laws, but
then again, it may not be.

We can't automatically call this propaganda.
We can't automatically call this fact.
Hamas as been evasive on this subject.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good thread. Starred (several posts) and flagged.

IF true, it certainly makes it more difficult for hamas and their supporters to put a positive spin on the terrorist organization masquerading as the palestinian government in Gaza.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Franky, I do not see crucifixion as an effective way of punishing someone when compared with the other methods commonly used on Muslim countries.

People get crucified in the Philippines every year and survive to repeat it next year, so I think 50 lashes or a hand amputation are much more effective.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Maybe they intend it to be a form of humiliation. I think it will be difficult to find out whether all of this is true or not because of the Israeli airstrikes. But I am curious to know if any other countries have crucifixion on their books.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Let's assume that it is true. What does that mean in the wider context of things? Nothing. Many countries have barbaric punishments against those it convicts. The moral of the story is don't go to Palestine and commit a crime.

It's a little funny that this would come up now, and in a wider context it does seem to try to invoke a "OMG, they killed Jesus!" response. However, Islam did not exist in 33 AD. The Prophet Mohammad will not be born for another 600 years.

So crucification in what sense? Being nailed or lashed to an object and left out in the elements? We had a similar form of punishment known as "the stocks" and was used up until 1876 in the Western World.

So, my question is: so what if they did? That means what, that they don't give warm beds and cable TV to their convicted?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I thought about these issues a great deal last night. (Reflecting on the New Year and the total chaos around the World. I ring this New Year in on a very sad note)...

Anyhow, let 'em. Let them legalize crucifixion. Let them crucify some Jewish Comandos. Let them crucify their own people. F 'em, I'm fed up with their stuff. All of them. Both sides.

Just kill eachother and get it over with! That's what you guys want, right?!!
Not even here can we get away from this polarized BULLsnap of "he started it." "No, HE started it."

Both sides are in the wrong! And this WILL NOT RESOLVE ITSELF WITH MORE BLOODSHED! This much is painfully obvious to EVERYONE *except* for the IDIOTS dropping the bombs.
This is one of the few times I will go so far as to say "I don't care any more."

The saying goes "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"... No with these guys, they'll just drown themselves in the damned water rather than drink.
Someone posted a map of Palestine prior to 1945 and the way it has looked in subsequent years leading up to today. Yes, Israel has taken over ALMOST ALL of that country. They are in the wrong! Period. They are aggressors towards the Palestinian country. This is established fact.
However, ALMOST EVERYONE sympathizes with Israel because of WW2. The Palestinians are wrong because they are going about regaining their territory the wrong way. YOU DON'T BLOW UP SCHOOLS AND DAYCARES, GODDAMNIT!!!
F them all. I'll see them in Hell.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I like the way you used allegedly. Shows that you are being fair minded about the article. It also helps to bring up the discussion what if.

What if they did legalize it? Would they ever carry through with it?

How would the world react? Would they simply turn their head the same way when Hamas launches its rockets?

If anybody is capable of passing such an act, groups like Hamas lead the pact.

Hamas is sponsored by Iran, who allegedly formed a new special court to try the "the criminal Zionists"
www.calcuttanews.net...

... COULD THIS BE CONNECTED? From their warped minds, might crucifixion be the most symbolic end judgment should such a "special court" ever get its hands on a Jew or Christian?

They certainly have a large selection of Jews and Christians to choose from within their borders right now. Any one of them (BBC reporters included) could be charged with spying any moment.

And God forbid they kidnap more troops on the border like they did with those British Navy Men a few years back! Remember how they paraded them on television, dragged them through the streets and made them read confessions and say thank you for treating them so "well"??

Next time might involve a crucifix and some horribly more graphic video footage. I hope to God not!

AND FOR YOU WHO SAY F___ THEM ON BOTH SIDES! LET THEM KILL EACH OTHER AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT....

Shame on you! Imagine one of your countrymen or women in that "special court" run by Mullahs...

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why people keep on thinking that this would be only applied to Jews and Christians?

How many Christians and Jews have been arrested by the Palestinian police?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join