It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this for real? all expenses paid trip to disneyland?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
is this for real? all expenses paid trip to disneyland?

check it out:

dixietickets12.com...

[edit on 31-12-2008 by reject]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
probably...with about 20 strings attached

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
No Big Deal

There's no guarantee you get tickets. It's a "draw".

Note the TINY part that says "some restrictions may apply.

"GOTCHA!"

Are you going to apply? And then delete the many junk e-mails that arrive constantly.

WARNING: They want phone numbers and CREDIT CARD DETAILS!

*SCAM* in my opinion

[edit on 31/12/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't enter any info on that page. :shk:

However, if you're wanting to go to Disney and need to save money, there are ways to do it.

I've been 2 times and it was very reasonable.

Park Tickets:
If you have time to take 1-3 hours out of a day, go sit in a time share presentation, you could end up with free park Tickets to a couple of different parks. Yes they sometimes pressure you, but stand firm and keep saying no, you're not interested.

Another way to save on park tickets, is to purchase them through your local AAA office. The Last time I went to Disney, we saved about $6-10 per ticket, plus received a "diamond" parking pass, which allowed us to get up front parking at all the parks we visited.

Lodging : There are some really bad hotels around Disney (meaning dirty). Be careful. However if you're just using the room to sleep and shower then you can save some money. use Expedia.com, you can read reviews about the rooms and base your own opinion. Also try Priceline.com, you can name your own price for the hotel room and it could get accepted, however, I would read the reviews very closely and then decide. Don't take anything less than a 2 star hotel.

Another thing to check is Ebay, you can get hotels and resort stays for spending time in a time share presentation.

Food :
Try to eat breakfast outside the parks. lunches inside the park will run you from $7-9 per pereson, to $10-15 per person depending on what you eat.

If you're lucky enough to get a hotel room with a refridgerator, store some snacks in your room for breakfast it helps. Also check out the buffets that are around International Dr. near Disney.

Stop by the Visitors center, pick up the coupon books, there are some meal savings available.

My wife and I went to Disney in 2002, drove from Ohio, 5 nights hotel stay, gas, park tickets for 3 parks, food and all for about $1100.

In 2005 we went back and took my daughter, again drove down, 5 night hotel, 4 parks, food, etc. for about $1600.

Hope this helps.

OH yeah and the wife and I are thinking about going back to Disney this spring. We love it there.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As a kid growing up about 7 miles from Disneyland,I remember it used to be free to get in,just had to buy tickets to go on rides,now days my big brother retired from PD now he is head of security there so we get in free,but older I get the less I like standing in line

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

If it's to good to be true, odds are it's not.
they want information from you on a promise you might win.
They turn round and sell yours and other peoples information to who ever pays the most.

It's a scam, nothing in life is free there's always a catch.

(imho)

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I got a call that I with 99(100 total) other people won an all exspensed paid trip for 4,motel,rental car,airline tickets,vip pass for park and 500 dollar gift card,only thing is paying taxes which is only 398.00(good deal)
I did take my chance and entered this,I am very glad I did!
I also didnt and havent recieved ant spam!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I actually got an email (to my AOL account, very public nowadays) that said I had won and just needed to confirm my information. I emailed the lady back, I'll see if she bites and what info I can get out of her, don't worry, I'm not giving up any info that she doesn't already have (my mailing address).

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Due to the unprofessional 'geocities' style design of the page and lack of any real information or details, that site comes across as a way to harvest information from participants. It's most likely a scam to get your information in order to sell it to marketing companies. Also notice the 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom that will then take you to a page to 'not receive future offers.' This definitely looks like a marketing technique.

If you want to experiment, create a fake email account then enter false information into their form using your new fake email address. Don't use the email address for anything else and never give it to anyone. Then check that email within a few weeks. It will most likely be flooded with spam mail. That would pretty much prove that site is only harvesting your information to send you advertisements and spam.

top topics

join