It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I went to see this movie last night with the highest of expectations and the genuine fear that I was going to be disappointed. Knowing the film was going to be almost 3 hours long, I was concerned that it wasn't going to live up to what I was hoping for.

I walked out of the theatre blown away beyond anything that I could have hoped for.

This is one of my all-time favorite movies.

There wasn't one thing about this movie that stood out. I thought Brad Pitt was great in it and I thought from start to finish the film looked amazing. A few scenes were really jaw dropping. But it wasn't just one thing that sold this movie. It was everything.

I watch movies a lot and I find a lot of movies are the same.

The same story, same emotions, same sad or happy ending, etc.

But this was different. This was a story never told before. Going to see this film felt like the first time I went to the movies. Really unsure of what I was getting myself into and unsure of what the experience would be like. Not your generic love story or David vs. Goliath uphill battle against some force of nature. This was a story that was a first of its kind. (In my opinion, anyways)

And I loved it.

From the opening scene until the screen faded black, I was interested and leaning forward in my seat.

I highly recommend this to anyone who truly appreciates movies. Go and watch this story and be entertained.

This is a movie that I will buy on Blu-Ray the day it is released. And that is the highest review I can offer on a film.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thanks C, the Gf and I will be seeing this one very soon also. We were a bit hesitant because our local reviewer only gave it 2 and a half stars. But we respect your opinion much more than his.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My girlfriend wanted to go see Seven Pounds, but I was sticking with Benjamin Button. She was really happy with it as well and she had no expectations of it.

Just a great story that everyone needs to see.

Let me know your thoughts when you see it.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Let me know your thoughts when you see it.

I will...

Please go see Doubt, Slumdog Millionaire, and Schenedocy, NY.

IMO....3 great films.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It was a good movie that had me wishing it had ended around hour two. IMO the storyline fell apart in the last hour and it started making no sense even with the suspension of disbelief that most movies require. It felt like the writers didn't know how to end the movie.

I would give the first 2 hours of the movie:

4 out of 5 stars

I would give the last hour of the movie:

1.5 or 2 out of 5 stars

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm a little shocked that you thought it trailed off at the end.

I questioned the relationship between Pitt and Blanchett getting close to the half way point of the film. He seemed dedicated to her but I questioned why. He wasn't treated the best in recent years and they really never had a connection prior to that, with the exception of some letters years back and their childhoold friendship. So while it was a nice story we were watching, I just didn't understand why we were to believe their connection was so strong.

Once it was established, I thought the movie really took off.

(Spoiler Alert)

My girlfriend questioned why Benjamin turned back into a baby. If he was born a baby as an old man, why did he die as an old man and a baby? Shouldn't he have been a baby in an old man's body? Applying logic to the film is a little comical as it's obviously a far fetched tale. However, the film was fairly realistic throughout so I seen this as a bit of a discrepancy. One that I found easy to overlook as the innocence and purity of a child really completed the film nicely.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I wouldnt say I was all "blown away" by it. Sure it was a good film, but nothing all that groundbreaking. Worth a watch or two though.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Wonderful movie, great direction, fair story, but the characters and the acting carried the whole thing. I cared about the people being portrayed.
Now that I am working in the entertainment industry, as a, extra, PA, set dec; I don't take for granted all the components of movie making.

Button was a very well crafted work of art.

Thanks for the review C.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I will be seeing this movie.

A bit of caution with Seven Pounds...I thought it would be excellent but the plot just drags and there is no convincing personal interactions. I stopped watching it half way through...

top topics

join