It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Reason Why ATS Is Loosing Ground On Quantcast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I have been noticing the quantcast continues slide to a higher and higher number. This seems like a bad thing compared to what it was six months or so ago. Is there any rhyme or reason things are going that direction?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well I've seen that the summer months (here in the northern hemisphere anyways) are usually the busiest times online and the winter holidays are usually the slowest because of more time spent with family and varying obligations to school. I could be wrong but it seems busier in the summer months.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

"Is There A Reason Why ATS Is Loosing Ground On Quantcast"

More and more people are getting their media from third party sources who save the original transmission and then put on a site for all to download.

This likely accounts for some of the decrease, but I am just speculating.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
While SkepticOverlord is the best person to answer the question, my guess would be current events like the Blossom Goodchild circus, the US election, the Bigfoot circus, and so on, not to forget - as mentioned above - the summer (school holiday) months in the Northern hemisphere. There isn't a buzz in the "Top Secret world" at the moment, thus traffic is bound to be down. IMO.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I would also wonder with the current economic situation, that many can't now afford their cable and internet service.

I've been tempted to cut these down or out so I could pay medical bills with the money instead. Winter months inside changed my mind as much as hot summers done so also. So, I cut down the medical bill payments to an even lower amount.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
the quantcast rating move can be attributed to many factors. The pug identified the reasons why we saw a huge spike in traffic in the late summer and fall months. Now, we are dipping back as those stories have died down. December is a month where people take vacations, are away from school etc so December is, traditionally, a slow month.

The other factor is increased traffic for the other sites. Some will move past us as their traffic increases and ours remains the same.

I'm not sure as to how much of the move is attributed to a drop in traffic and how much is attributed to others moving up.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I have been noticing the quantcast continues slide to a higher and higher number.

We hit our peak in November, as expected, because of the election.

Since the Quantcast number is relative, attempting to gauge our popularity against all other websites, we lost ground after the election because our traffic went down a bit *AND* lots and lots of shopping-specific sites had higher traffic for the holidays.

We should see the rank head back into sub-3,000 territory after the first of the year. December has always been a slow month for content sites.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It is a December thing. Internet usage goes down in December.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Thanks for posting, but over all I think this has been going on for morn then just one or two months.
I fear it is more of a trend.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf my guess would be current events like the Blossom Goodchild circus, the US election, the Bigfoot circus, and so on, not to forget -

I would add the Nibiru circus. the 'gloom and doom whistle blower circus and a couple others... I can tell you from my personal point of view this is why I have not posted with my regular zeal.

Also it seems lately that no matter what topic you present that is 'out there' most replies to the thread will be from a certain group of 'debunkers' who not only disagree with the views but make it a mission... I know from U2U's that this puts people off who would have contributed to the thread

ATS is beginning to get a reputation of debunker central. I am sure that is a factor.

Also with the shear size of ATS it is inevitable that newbies will come in all excited to talk about a subject... fail to do a search... and we start all over again with a topic already active... sooner or later it gets old to repeat the same proof or evidence and go through the same arguments all over again and face the same endless broken record of the "its just rocks' or 'its only paredolia' crowd...

But hey... that's just my opinion but as an example one of Mike Singh's moon threads deteriorated into a brawl and my one comment made to someone calling everything 'garbage' and 'crap' and you must be 'insane'... (for three pages)

"And yet... you are here"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

... was deleted by a mod as being 'discourtious'

Seemed to me a valid question considering his antagonistic approach...

[edit on 1-1-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If any one else is watching this ats is not with in three points of Pravda, haha.
ATS 3076
Pravda 3073

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Quantcast isnt always 100% accurate

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Red, could it simply be something as simple as a 'typo'??

"loosing" is not a word....at least, not in the intent as provided in the title of the the thread.

Perhaps THAT is the 'root' of the issue????

(EDIT to ADD>>>) OF COURSE, everyone understood the gist, and overlooked the mis-spellling of "losing"....but in the long term, isn't it better to have your TITLE spelled correctly, at least????

[edit on 1/2/0909 by weedwhacker]

top topics

join