It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psalm 137:9

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't really think this is a conspiracy. I just thought it was relevant. Regarding the woman who beat her children in the face with rocks, killing two of them I believe. Wasn't this in the name of God? How many christians out there were dumbfounded and angry about these things. God clearly doesn't want that. Clearly right?

Psalm 137:9 Eh, Ill let you do your own research. Go look at it I guess on your own. I'm not sure how relevant it is, but it caught my attention.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
No...it doesn't mention beating your children with rocks...there is a rock, and there are children, and there is beating, but it doesn't occur as you say it does. I suggest you go back and re-read it :p

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
No...it doesn't mention beating your children with rocks...there is a rock, and there are children, and there is beating, but it doesn't occur as you say it does. I suggest you go back and re-read it :p

I did read it. Tell me then, what does it say if I am wrong?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
From an analysis I googled up, the pslam si a lament over the Babylonians, who have a history of #ing with the Israelites. What the verse you are referring to states in a somewhat allegorical sense that all the Babylonians need to be dealt with, hence "Dashing your infants against the rocks". It's basically an allegory for the cessation of the Babylonian Empire- no children, no future generations etc... It doesn't literally means "Go grab children and smash them up."

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

From an analysis I googled up, the pslam si a lament over the Babylonians, who have a history of #ing with the Israelites. What the verse you are referring to states in a somewhat allegorical sense that all the Babylonians need to be dealt with, hence "Dashing your infants against the rocks". It's basically an allegory for the cessation of the Babylonian Empire- no children, no future generations etc... It doesn't literally means "Go grab children and smash them up."

Doesnt it literally say to go grab children and bash them with rocks though?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I would agree that it does not mean that literally. That doesnt take away from the fact that you must use interpretation to realize that. So in other words...yes, interpret this, but don't interpret adam and eve, or noahs ark.

Here, someone grab a bible.....

See: www.belowtopsecret.com...

[Edited on 4/12/2004 by Seapeople]

new topics

top topics

join