It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO pic that converted you

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
hello gents,

This goes out to all the people that were sitting on the fence regarding the existance of UFOs....and then saw a pic or a vid that slowly made them start to take notice and believe.

If so...what was the vid or pic that did it for you??

regards

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
For me,

I'd say the photo(s) that made me scratch my head were those taken by Paul Trent in McMinnville, Oregon in 1950. These were taken by an (apparently) ordinary Joe-soap kind of farmer. No sensationalist....

www.ufoevidence.org...

This link has some info on the sighting, and this one:

www.debunker.com...

has the photos in high resolution, so others here can take a gander at them...

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Havoc40k]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No video or pic has, or probably ever will make me believe.

What would swing it would be a personal sighting or encounter.

Even then I couldn't be 100% sure unless others around me experience the same.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
To my mind, too many have been hoaxed to ever be 100% convinced of any photograph. There are some very thought provoking ones out there. The Telegraph is a UK broadsheet newspaper. It's not known for it's sense of humour. It's a right wing intelligent paper. They did a three part compilation of 140 Years of UFO Photographs. A person would have to utterly stubborn to look through all of them without at wondering about what they are. No sh*t, they aren't all mindblowing, but some are definitely interesting
That a media source like The Telegraph has done a completely neutral collection of these UFO pictures is as interesting as the photos.

nerbot, I've seen a UFO, with friends, and I'm still not 100%
Part of me is trying to figure out how a red shooting star can zig zag across a clear night sky in 3-4 seconds.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I didn't need a picture, video or any human to convince me of the existence of UFO's as I'd seen them up close before I'd even heard of them anywhere else. I was nine years old and am aware of two encounters that year in 1968. There has been many more since and I'm really bored with all the unbelievers out there. There are plenty of things in this world which people believe in without any "proof", surely the millions of us who have had the experience of otherworldly encounters should be believed given the numbers alone.

The only reason that people continue to disbelieve is that they are still beholden to the US (and sycophant other governments and their media) propaganda machine. Surely more people should be awake by now given the massive financial fraud that has been allowed to take place in the US and is continuing unabated. More of the same abuse of citizens ahead until all finally get it...................the Son's of Belial are taking over this planet with ordinary citizens enslaved. If we do not act to remove them from power, then mother earth will shake and turn until they are all gone, but unfortunately most of us, if not all, will be gone with them.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I guess this thread really isn't directed at me, as, I never *sat the fence*.
I had a sighting when I was young and ever since then I never stopped *looking up*.
Nice thread though, I'll keep a look at it to hopefully see some good pics.
S&F

Happy New Year

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
i believe for me, it was the 1952 photos of several ufo's over washington D.C....so many people saw them, and it was front page headlines the next day in the washington post with a huge photo.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Since I've had what seemed to be personal experiences with several reminders or triggers, I don't think I could pin one down as much as the ones similar to the one they currently use for the alien section folder and the older or male one they also show on the internet from as far back as 3 to 5 years old.

I had recalled a memory of a dark country road and a bright light in front of us. The one 'little man' my father apparently knew as if old friends.
He wore a white suit, had coke bottle like glasses which 'as if' made his eyes appear bigger and also smoked a cigar. His wife was also a little person.

I think some of our childhood fears from science fiction films are typically used against us to block our abductors real appearance. Their apparent ability to put us in a dream-like hypnotic state seems to be directly related.

One confusing abduction related event along with a 'cold steel table' was a memory of some beautiful blonde nurse wearing a 40's style 'candy striper' outfit.

Many times they've manipulated my decisions or my free will, higher thinking and memory.

So, I can't be sure what these people actually looked like or what actually occurred.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What converted me was no video or picture. It was film from a test run shot by my father who worked at the HAFB test track facility in the photo/optical division. He was responsible for setting up all of the cameras along the test track, and was responsible for taking each camera's film negatives and making prints from them. He worked with both the high speed cameras and the normal 30fps cameras.

When I was very young, I was into photograpy and making 16mm and 8mm home movies. He took me out to the base several times to look at all of the neat photo gear they had, as well as to watch a few test sleds get fired down the track.

Sometimes my father would bring home a reel or two of 16mm prints and a projector for me to just play around with, show to friends etc over the weekends. He would always take the reels and projector back with him the following Monday. Since he had a top secret clearance level and was in charge of the photo/optical labs at the test track at that time, he could bring those home with him if he so desired. Sometimes he would bring home more than a couple of reels of film with him, he would bring several, completely filled 7 inch reels of stuff he had filmed at the track.

I remember seeing some films when they tested the nose section of the prototype shuttle to test the impact strength of the windows by shooting this thing down the track and impacting frozen chickens and turkeys from the mess hall by suspending these frozen chickens and turkeys over the track, and then impacting the window sections at extreme high velocities to test the strenghts of the windows. Its not an unusual technique, the same is done with jet engines to test the fan blades for withstanding damage from a bird being sucked into the engine.

One weekend he brought 3 reels home with him and the projector, except this time he brought 2 projectors, one of them was the high speed projector. It was this projector, and one of the reels of film that he told me was interesting. I thought I was just going to see something normal but watching it from the high speed aspect of a typical test shot.

Nope, it wasnt typical.

This high speed film was shot during a test of a version of the early "bunker buster" missile tips. The high speed camera was placed at the end of the test track, where a 30 foot thick wall of re-enforced cement was built. When the sled carrying the missile tip to be tested reached a certian distance from this 30 foot thick wall of re-enforced cement, it released the missle tip and the sled would come to a stop and the missile tip continued to the wall target. When the missile tip was released, that is when the high speed camera kicked in, filming at 10,000 frames per second. This allowed them to actually see the impact and the effects on the missile tip as it penetrated the cement wall, and also helped the engineers improve the tip to penetrate better and further.

This one reel of film contained such a test. And about half way before the missile tip hit the cement wall, there was this round dark shape that came into frame from the upper left corner and moved at the same speed as the missile tip. I could see it very clearly, very sharp image of this thing and it followed the missile tip all the way to the wall. Right as the missile tip began to penetrate the wall, this round dark thing just hovered there, and a few light pulses would come from it as the missile tip was going through the cement wall.

I asked my dad if this was some kind of teathered camera or something to get closer shots of the missile tip hitting the wall. He said it wasnt anything like that becuase there were 2 more cameras right at the end of the track and one mounted on top of the cement wall looking down at the impact point. He told me that this was not anything the base had or anything that WSMR had, but was also not the first time something like this has appeared in test films.

About 3 weeks later he brought a few more of these high speed films home and sure enough, in those too were this unusual round dark shape that would appear in the films following the sleds or whatever they were testing. Judging by the size of the various sleds shot down the track and the distance from the sleds to the high speed cameras, this thing must have been about 40 to 60 foot diamater, maybe 10 or 15 feet in hight and did not have any identifyable markings or any kind of markings.

Sometimes these things would be captured on the films half way down the track, near the begining of the test shot or just before the sleds come to a stop.

But they were also captured on the normal speed films as well. I only got to see about 3 of the normal speed films with these objects in them, but the ones that turned my interest to UFO's were the ones from the high speed films.

I did manage to make 8mm films of the high speed films being projected on the screen and make a few stills from the footage. I wish I still had them. Unfortunately,they were destroyed when the shed they were stored in had caught fire and burned everything in the shed. Quite a confusing thing because there was nothing flamable in the shed, nor was there any electricity in the shed. My father has no idea how it happend. I asked him if he had burned the shed for any reason and he didnt. Both of my parents had sentimental items in that shed along with other valuables. To this day both me and my father wonder how that shed just burned down on a clear day with no reason for it to have caught fire.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 31-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Few pictures and videos - if any - has convinced me much since I joined these forum.

Instead, its some of the more insteresting encounter stories that one could say has "converted" me. Not that I'm anything but a skeptic but they tickle my imagination far, far better than a poorly framed blurry unfocused blob that shaking all over.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No pictures or videos.

I've always been interested in ufo's, and I've always looked up when outside, day or night.

I saw what I believe was a ufo about 25 years ago, at about 2:00am. What I first thought was an airplane heading in for a landing at MSP international airport. I saw what I thought were landing lights, but as the object was passing overhead, the supposed landing lights didn't go out, it was still lit. I don't recall any sound either, and the object wasn't very high either.

The second time I saw a ufo was a bit less than 3 years ago. As I was closing the kitchen shade to go to bed, I saw an enormous red ball of light very near the house. I watched it head in a ne direction, it made what appeared to be a 90 degree turn to the right, went behind a water tower, and didn't reappear from the other side. Keep in mind that the object was at the horizon by then, but still didn't come out the other side of the tower as I expected it to.

I could see airplanes just after takeoff from MSP and the object was still much larger than the planes, and the object was at the horizon by then, and search lights also came on, as if searching for the glowing ball. The object as stated was glowing red and kind of pulsating.

I believe the triangles are indeed ours, but what that giant red ball was? I don't have a clue.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Old photos and videos (prior to when everyone could simply fake them, and when it took a real expert to do so convincingly) are best. But for me, my own childhood sightning and the paper trail are far more convincing than any photo. It's amazing how much documentation there is to support the US government's interest in, investigation of, and ultimate coverup of UFOs and what they've learned....right down to the names of individuals involved.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am a trucker, and this is not a sighting, but I have always been interested. Several years ago I was parked in a rest area in New Mexico. Roswell was on my mind and I was alone in the rest area which didn't help. I was probably 80 miles from Roswell or so. Around 11pm I heard a long drawn out screaching sound I just knew was a UFO and I would be taken soon. Once I got brave enough to look out it was nothing more than a train moving very slowly near the road. If you have heard it is a distinctive sound that I now know but until then had never heard. Since then I have had a much deeper interest, even though it was nothing.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wasiti

I wouldn't say 'converted' (because of its negative religious overtones)
but I would say 'sat up and taken a healthy interest'.

Here are a few intruiging images that did it for me:

Washington Merry-go-round:

Trinidad:

Vancouver:

More at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers Karl

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't know if any picture or video could really be very conclusive - although the battle of LA is very intriguing.

I know the Pheonix Lights video certainly re-ignited my interest - and frankly that case seems very important still - with the former AZ Governor of the time now on record as claiming taht he saw the craft and believes it was an extra-terrestrial vehicle himself.

But I would have to agree with Gazrok that the Govt. Documents - and cotinued Govt. interest - is some of the most convincing eveidence for the existance of an extraterrestrial presence on Earth.

I did have an unusual broad daylight sighting when I was a child, in Germany, that has never been explaind to my satisfaction either - although I regret not making sketches of the craft immediately after me, and my cousins, witnessed it.

(perhaps some regressive hypnotism could help my accuracy of recall - but who knows what my imagination may have done to modify my memory of the event)

The fact that American and Russian astronauts have come forth to publicly claim their respective Govt.'s are covering up knowledge of alien encounters should not be treated lightly either imho...

[edit on 31-12-2008 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It wasn't really a picture of a ufo that changed my mind about aliens, it was the pictures of cow mutilations. Especially the ones with the cows on top of telephone poles as if they had been dropped from a large height.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the picture i have that converted me is the picture in my mind of the object i saw fly horizontally one night near my home

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Never needed a pic or a video. I have seen crap that'd make your hair stand on end and fall out (mine did!).

I saw one while in the Navy on board a ship. I heard of another USO (Unidentified Sunken Object) following the ship one night while someone was out smoking on the fantail. He was told to go in, or get shot. He went in. I saw something a few years ago that I STILL cant ID- like say- it was a bicycle light on a bicycle. It was a solid ball of light that went flying merrily into the woods. I went flying not so merrily down the road in the opposite direction. I had sightings when I was younger- but I cant get any details short of I knew what spacemen were before I think I knew what a potty was.

I remember being a LOT smarter than my parents... but that isn't saying much. I can point out vegetation smarter than they were. I have to say... my convincing is from getting a front row seat. The seat has since moved to the far back in recent years....

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Only thing scarier than the idea of Aliens is the idea that Humanity is to spread Intelligence thorughout the Universe.
Anyone who thinks we are alone is this Universe needs to join the folks who think the World is flat.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I've yet to see anything I would classify as extraterrestrial, but a video on a website or a photo could never put me over the top 100%, and that's not because I choose not to believe, it's because there are just TOO many fakes out there, some really, really well done fakes (the California drones story for instance).

Seeing a video on mainstream media followed by military and political officials saying they have no idea what that is, or seeing disclosure by high ranking officials on main stream media might do it for me also.

Great thread, by the way!

[edit on 31-12-2008 by sos37]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join