It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Esau - 1st Zionist? ->smart people in here now please :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have just read this:
citation

Esau, the First Zionist

Esau believed that the land of Canaan was rightfully his and that his brother, Jacob, had unlawfully usurped the land. All through history, it was his desire to evict Jacob and to conquer or settle the land in place of Jacob. While Jacob’s descendants were in Egypt, the main tribe called Edom settled in the Arabah just south of the Dead Sea all the way to the Gulf of Akaba. The Amalekites, who were another branch from Esau, settled to their west in the Negev, directly south of Canaan. The Amalekites attacked Israel as they were coming out of Egypt under Moses (Ex. 17). In this sense, they were Israel’s oldest enemies and probably were determined to prevent them from returning to Canaan.

Centuries later, in the days of Gideon, Israel was in captivity to an alliance of three people: Amalek, Midian, and the children of the East (Judges 6:3). So we find Amalek still the enemy of Israel and desirous of putting them into captivity.

When Judah was taken captive to Babylon, Edom rejoiced at their downfall, for this meant that they might be able to settle the land of Canaan. This is mentioned in Ezekiel 35 in a prophecy directed specifically at Edom.

Things don't look too good for Esau Edom...
Esau Edom

Though you make your nest as high as the eagle's, I will bring you down from there, says the LORD. "Edom shall become a horror; every one who passes by it will be horrified and will hiss because of all its disasters. As when Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighbor cities were overthrown, says the LORD, no man shall dwell there, no man shall sojourn in her. Behold, like a lion coming up from the jungle of the Jordan against a strong sheepfold, I will suddenly make them run away from her; and I will appoint over her whomever I choose. For who is like me? Who will summon me? What shepherd can stand before me? Therefore hear the plan which the LORD has made against Edom and the purposes which he has formed against the inhabitants of Teman: Even the little ones of the flock shall be dragged away; surely their fold shall be appalled at their fate. At the sound of their fall the earth shall tremble; the sound of their cry shall be heard at the Red Sea. Behold, one shall mount up and fly swiftly like an eagle, and spread his wings against Bozrah, and the heart of the warriors of Edom shall be in that day like the heart of a woman in her pangs." (Jeremiah 49:7-22)

There are some very learned people on ATS and just hoping the learned people would be so kind to add some wisdom here

edit fix tags, spelling and grammar pfft lol

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Is there something extraordinary about this document?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Please provide your interpretation of the sourced material so that we may glean what it is your point is...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here's a joke relevant to this thread.

This joke explains all you need to know about Israeli-Palestinian politics.

What happens when a fly falls into a coffee cup?

The Italian - throws the cup, breaks it, and walks away in a fit of rage.

The German - carefully washes the cup, sterilizes it and makes a new cup of coffee.

The Frenchman - takes out the fly, and drinks the coffee.

The Chinese - eats the fly and throws away the coffee.

The Russian - Drinks the coffee with the fly, since it was extra with no charge.

The Israeli - sells the coffee to the Frenchman, the fly to the Chinese, drinks tea and uses the extra money to invent a device that prevents flies from falling into coffee.

The Palestinian - blames the Israeli for the fly falling in his coffee, protests the act of aggression to the UN, takes a loan from the European Union to buy a new cup of coffee, uses the money to purchase explosives and then blows up the coffee house where the Italian, the Frenchman, the Chinese, the German and the Russian are all trying to explain to the Israeli that he should give away his cup of tea to the Palestinian.

AAC

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Please provide your interpretation of the sourced material so that we may glean what it is your point is...

HAHAHAH OMG I forgot to add my question!

LOL
ah ok, well I read this and well zionism is not proven... (or maybe the Protocols of Zion) - (I think) people say its garbage and that Zionism doesn't exist. I just read this article and then wondered if anyone knew or heard that Esau was the first zionist?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

oh I don't get your point.

I don't care about the politics of Israel or Palestine... I just wanted to find out some info about this article...

cheers

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Oh, golly. You made a joke about the oppression of a legal state by the squatters.

And we all know only Germans can invent something to prevent flies from flying into coffees.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

The Protocols of Zion are a old Hoax, Zionism does exist, it was the movement to establish Israel, and most Zionists pretty much moved to Israel when it was formed.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

OK is Esau the first zionist then?

and is there absolute proof there is an org called Zionists?

see you can see why I needed smart people in here LOL

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

You could consider him a Zionist then, yes.

As for absolute proof of the organization, yes.
Zionism on Wiki

The Zionist movement is structured as a representative democracy. Congresses are held every four years (they were held every two years before the second World War) and delegates to the congress are elected by the membership. Members are required to pay dues known as a "shekel," At the congress, delegates elected a 30-man executive council, which in turn elects the movement's leader. The movement was democratic from its inception and women had the right to vote (before they won the right in Great Britain).

Bit about the protocols as well.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 30-12-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

hmm well thanks for that, if that is true then the article/prophecy doesn't look too good for the Zionists?

new topics

top topics

join