It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gives a rats...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Am I the only one tired of hearing Tom Cruise congratulated on 25 years in the business? What about all the working class people with that many years plus in that have lost their job? And Britany Spears makes a come back..whoopity doo...we all have problems. Oh and poor little Paris hilton got robbed...get over it, most americans just got their whole life savings and retirements looted. The news is filled with this stuff while the real world is sliding down the stink hole. I makes me sick!
Does anyone else feel this way?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Yup...celebrity gossip might just be the most pointless thing ever created. I wish people put have as much thought in fixing the economy or helping less fortunate people than worrying about how much money Madonna has after her divorce. It really is ridiculous.

But they'd rather us watching that, then whats going on abroad.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It's there for a reason to distract common folk from thinking.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by arc de triumphe]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yes it does; But the thing is the daily lives of real people are considered so mundane and would shed too much light on the real problems this country and the world abroad faces.

Just MVHO.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I agree totally. I am sick of hopping on a news site only to realize half of the stories are about celebrities. Who cares? Save it for the gossip rags. I freaking hate Tom Cruise, that struck a chord with me.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
hehe Loony Tom and his 700 Billion year contract with Scientology....*sigh*

You know thats just proof that ANYBODY can start a religion with the ignorance we have today.

Betcha he doesn't make 20million with every appearence of the church tho!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I still think if we wanted, ATSers could make up a pretty convincing religion. Most people here are a lot more intelligent than Ron L. Hubbard.

OP, I hate it too, people are really stupid for buying into the whole celebrity thing so heavily.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Be happy my friend for WE are the ones who have true success without NEEDING to feed it all the time and tell the world.

Take away their publicity and they are just as average as everybody else...except they can't deal with it as well as we do.

So glad I'm not rich or famous.

top topics

join