It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is everyone doing for new years eve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
my step dad got some tequila from mexico and it is in the freezer right now;;;i think we are going to hit that bottle till we pass out. i also have some vicodin that will halp matters quite a bit.
what about you

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't do anything for New Years Eve. Just the same stuff I'd do any night. Maybe watch some of the specials they have on TV, that's it.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i don't really want to hang out with my step dad but there is nothing else to do really. i don't really have any friends that i can go out with and i think my ex is already going to the bar with her boss. boo hoo for me

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm having a birthday bash tonight when I get in from work…then we'll just hang out at home and relax.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Beer. 3 cats, ATS/BTS and an online movie.

If everyone could be happy like I am we wouldn't need new years resolutions.

Roll on another one.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well, Im visiting my parents for the Hollydays (dad's out of town) and Mom would be celebrating by herself (
) so I'm hanging with my Mom! (So far, we're bonding - it's going really well).

So we're gonna go uptown, rent a bunch of movies, make some Dinner and Veg tonight & relax.

ATS/BTS throughout the evenin' between shows and such.

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As some of you chastise others for saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", let me suitably chastise you ...

New Years Eve ? Pah. Never heard of it.

Because we know it as that great Scottish celebration, Hogmanay !!

Who on earth stays in on Hogmanay ? We're off out shortly for fireworks, the chiming of the village bell (ancient ceremony going back to 1140AD) then up the welfare hall with the rest of the 47 villagers ... and we're getting absolutely hammered. Scots get an extra holiday ... we get the 1st & 2nd off work ... to make up for the fact we spend Ne'erday (tmorro) recovering from Hogmanay ! Tonight we also visit our neighbours homes (it's called "first footing") where we drop off black bun, a lump of coal & some alcohol (brings good luck, food, fuel & drink).

Now matter how you weird anglo-saxons celebrate your "New Years Eve", hope you all have a good one & all the best for 2009.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Interesting, the wife is Scottish yet I have heard nothing of this holiday.
Then again she's from Renfrewshire so I don't know if that counts.

I'll be sipping on bourbon, watching TV, and typing away on ATS.

Perfect!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Going to bed. And if I don't go to bed, then I am shooting off a few fireworks and then going to bed.

Got a three year old. They get up at 7:30 no matter what. The earth's rotation could depend on it.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hogmanay (pronounced [ˌhɔgməˈneː] — with the main stress on the last syllable) is the Scots word for the last day of the year and is synonymous with the celebration of the New Year (Gregorian calendar) in the Scottish manner. Its official date is 31 December (Auld Year's Night). However this is normally only the start of a celebration which lasts through the night until the morning of Ne'erday (1 January) or, in some cases, 2 January which is a Scottish Bank Holiday.

wiki

Oh your Wife's heard of this holiday, I assure you of that. She's probably spent all day cleaning your home ... another great Scots tradition ... "you cannae see in the New Year in a manky hoose" ;-)

Have a good one :w:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Working....If you can call playing for 500 people at a huge country club gig, working.

Free hooch, goodies and lots of good looking, drunk, rich, women that I hope will give a middle aged ole bass player a New Years kiss at 12:00.

Me and the Crew have been rehearsing all last week to put together a new set and we're anxious to see the response from what would normally be a fairly conservative crowd. The beer joint ladies usually flash the band if we play stuff from the Bob Segar song book.

Pray for me boys, I'm goin in!!!

Happy New Year bts!

[edit on 31-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
new year.s eve - it already began
just 1hour and 40 minutes left of 2008

my son and myself we just ate wonderful raclette
now he is watching some tv - a show i don.t like
i am doing ats/bts

drinking coke
started to dress warm, since we got already -8°C/17.5F
i want to be outside at midnight for the firework!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Staying up way past my bedtime, but I haven't slept in 2 days anyway...
and watching the ball drop in NYC. Trying to figure out where I'll stand next year to be there for real.

Oh, and listening to my kids get drunk in the basement with their friends.
(No worries, they are all legal age.)

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I wonder if this is how the re-animate Dick Clack?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My cousin's getting married. Then after wards she's gonna throw a party. Needless to say I'm gonna be drunk before it's all over with.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've had almost the entire day to myself and no one here. Listening to my music, bts-ing, gf stopping by....oh yeah....the housework, whatever......but have enjoyed every minute of it.

Then about 10:00pm my son is coming home with his friends, twins, for a sleepover. Goodbye peace.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!

Rush

[edit on 31-12-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Work. And since I'm working nightshift, I was here at midnight (and I'm still at work now). I'll work tomorrow as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

"All that she wants is another Hellmutt"

Oh wait, that's the enemy

Happy NY grumpy pants!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

"All that she wants is another Hellmutt"

I've never heard that version before. To be sung to the tune of the swedish band I don't remember the name of...

top topics

join