It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex offenders must hand over online passwords

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

I'm wrong about a lot of things my friend! No hard feelings here.

No, due to some health issues, and now recovering, I haven't been able to work outside of the house for a while. It is a slow process, but it is getting better. I do get some calls from former co-workers though to get my opinion...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

Or kill them, that could work too.

You really want to know what to do with pedo's? Prisons are gonna overflow if you keep all of them for life.

Find an island, put thm on the island. Don't let them off. they can then stay on that island till they die. If they reproduce, tae their kids away. They are still prisoners even tho they are not in a conventiaonal prison.

Put some supplies onthe island so they can grow food. Put a ship out and have it work round the clock watching the island,nyone tries to escape gets shot, plain and simple. cheaper i the long run than housing someone for life in a maximum security prison and puting them in solitary cause they fear for their lives.

Killing them would be way too easy.

Putting them on an island with 18 hours of hard labor for life would be good too. But no sort of punishment could give the child back what was taken...that is the saddest part.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

That's good that they call you, let's you know your still needed. I have a friend whose mother was also a child advocate just outside of boston many years ago, some of the storie she told makes your blood boil. I have alway said, when I have kids, anye even thinks of harming them, they better hope the cops get their first.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by TARBOX
Even the most successful parents can run into these types of problems.

Yes. I wanted to stress this point also. My parents were/are great and definitely not lazy. But, it can still happen. And usually it is a family member as is what happened with us. But, I'm getting too personal now, so I'll just shut my mouth.

Sorry Griff....

I can't say that I know exactly how you feel, but I have an idea from the kids I use to work with.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
reply to post by TARBOX

That's good that they call you, let's you know your still needed. I have a friend whose mother was also a child advocate just outside of boston many years ago, some of the storie she told makes your blood boil. I have alway said, when I have kids, anye even thinks of harming them, they better hope the cops get their first.

Yup....as I stated, I have 4 kids and the 2 girls are now adults and in college. I really was an over protective of them because I knew too much. As they got older, I eased up some, but I still worry about them even now. My sons at this point, would seriously hurt anyone that tried anything on them or their sisters.

Boston huh? Interesting. I was one state over. Small world.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TARBOX

Originally posted by tezzajw
If I don't want my YOUNG kids typing to someone on the internet, then I'll turn off their computer. Most other responsible parents would do the same.

You can be the most responsible parent in the world, but you can't monitor them every second.

Yeah, so?

I've stated that I will monitor my children as much as I can, without wrapping them in cotton wool.

Here's a revelation for you - I don't WANT to monitor my children every second! If they go down the park to play and end up being a doctor to some other girl who is a nurse, then big deal! I played doctors and nurses when I was young.

As a responsible parent, it is my duty to educate my kids about the internet dangers. There's only so much that I can do for them before they will make their own decisions. I'm not bringing up my kids to live in fear. Maybe it's your posts that they shouldn't be reading, they'll think that every second person on the internet is a paedo, grooming them for an abduction.

Your posts remind me of Mrs Lovejoy in The Simpsons: "Won't somebody think of the children?". They're fear based and recruiting for laws that really do suck and are unfair.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

There is such a place already - and an Island at that.

McNeil Island in Washington State.

See Link

Only problem is the pedophiles there get treated better than any American Veteran out that and that’s a crime against humanity and the USA.

Burn the pedophiles at the stake is the best solution (IMO).

And I’m not kidding.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.

Adolf Hitler,
“Mein Kampf”

Rather ironic really!

To the OP I agree with you about pedofiles, however I don't think it should be applied for all sex offendors. A much fairer system would be to take this law and apply it case by case, where a judge can deem whether someone is dangerous enough to warrant this extra supervision to protect people (although if he's a danger he should be in prison, not out free to walk the streets)

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Maybe it's your posts that they shouldn't be reading, they'll think that every second person on the internet is a paedo, grooming them for an abduction.

Your posts remind me of Mrs Lovejoy in The Simpsons: "Won't somebody think of the children?". They're fear based and recruiting for laws that really do suck and are unfair.

You are turning this around to make me look bad and being the bad guy. Well, ok then. I was a child advocate and human rights officer for 25 years....probably longer than you have been alive.

Good luck to you and Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

There is such a place already - and an Island at that.

McNeil Island in Washington State.

See Link

Only problem is the pedophiles there get treated better than any American Veteran out that and that’s a crime against humanity and the USA.

Burn the pedophiles at the stake is the best solution (IMO).

And I’m not kidding.

Hmm....I never heard of this place. Nice hotel.

So sad they get treated so well for ruining other peoples lives.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.

Adolf Hitler,
“Mein Kampf”

Rather ironic really!

To the OP I agree with you about pedofiles, however I don't think it should be applied for all sex offendors. A much fairer system would be to take this law and apply it case by case, where a judge can deem whether someone is dangerous enough to warrant this extra supervision to protect people (although if he's a danger he should be in prison, not out free to walk the streets)

I agree....there should be a fine line drawn to where this law would lead. In previous threads, it was stated about an 18 year old couple got added to this list because they were having fun in their car. Now they are registered sex offenders which is totally wrong.

Thanks for your input

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

BAD BAD BAD, do you get me?

The Government already has the ability to track everything we do and see and say, so this law is redundant except this would be a precedent set that the government can force people to hand over their online info to the government by Law. What are the consequences if you forgot one of your email addresses? Who would be next to be forced to turn over this information at demand to the Government? The Government does NOT have the Right or Authority to do this, if you think Pedophiles are a bad thing for society like I do MAKE THE JUDGES GIVE THEM LIFE with no Parole. Then you don;t have to fear them no more do ya? So why does the legal system release these types on society? Probably to enact laws against them as a part of society no one wants to back up or support but alas....

I stand with the ones that are not in prison and have paid their debt to society as the Judge had ruled in that case, and again if the guy is a threat why did the Judge not keep him locked up, I say has no duty to register, give up anything about himself or any such UN-Constitutional Laws aimed at them.

Government uses groups like this to start their gradual processes against us all. It is so easy to get society to say YEAH LET'S GET THIS GROUP, not knowing that "That Group" is only the first to be held to that standard.

I do NOT support pedophiles, but pedophiles should be in prison and never get out if the Justice system did its job so I support all Free and not incarcerated Americans and their Right to privacy and freedom from Unlawful Seizures...

Don;t be a Patsy and fall for this stupid ploy to get yourselves into the same boat!!! Just my warning, society won;t listen and soon enough more will be in this group required by law to hand over private info, that the Government already has access too... THINK PEOPLE THINK!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Hmmm.....

I don't quite know what to say about your post. You have put it plain and simple. I had to read it about 5 times to see if there was a flaw in your logic. Can't find any.

I'm not sure if you have read the entire thread. Some people have brought some good stuff to the table. It changed my mind on quite a few things and your post did a whole lot more for me and others to think about.

But I still want to make it clear, my reasoning is for the safety of the children. These people who commit these crimes should be locked away forever and the key thrown away.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join