It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you agree that the world is headed down the pan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have been reading up on world affairs and I am convinced that the world is screwed here`s why:

Yellowstone waking up

Israel pissing off all of the middle east

India VS Pakistan

The world economy

Am I alone or do you agree that it seems all the pieces on the board have assembled check mate for humanity. I don`t think there has ever been a bleaker time for the human race.

The way I see it going down is a strike on Israel by Iran followed by an insurgence from Syria then accelerate attacks in Afgahnistan on the British then a nuclear strike on Pakistan on India. Then in my worst nightmare Yellowstone blows. What do you think seems more plausable by the day

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is the "911 Conspiracies" forum you started this thread in.

Where's 911 on your list?
... just as valid if not the most pressing issue of our day that supports your OP.

Not sure if this is the best locale for your inquiry.
(mods may want to move this to a broader or more demographically accurate crowd ie "General Conspiracies" or "Skunk Works" or "Survival"?)

... but since i'm here & i find this topic of great interest ... i'll add my 2cents.

I think there are many moments in our history where we could have made a similar list, and a matter of fact many have, in predicting the end-times.

Now when we factor in the number of countries that have the ability to exterminate life as we know it, via nuclear and/or chemical means, with just the push of a button... you have raised a very valid point.

A moment i hope i will have missed by a natural peaceful death in my sleep.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by The All Seeing I]

[edit on 30-12-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Yellowstone - It has had earthquake swarms before without eruption,
though someday in the future it will erupt again and cover most
of the USA in ash and cool the whole world by quite a bit and
likely kick off a new short ice age.

Israel - The Middle East has hated israel for along time, and at some
point there will be another 6 day war scenario. This time though
I think some of the ME players will use Chem-Bio weapons and
kill a lot of israeli's and their own ppl.

Read up on the 6 day war and you will see most of the players.

If Russia, China, and the US stay out of it may go its natural course.

The israeli's have a HUGELY powerful lobby in the US government
and we will likely interfere, and thusly China and Russia might as well.

It could lead to WW3 if things go VERY wrong.

India VS Pakistan - they have already had 3 wars, and one saw
millions of bangledeshi die, it may not start soon, but it will happen
at some point with the islamists becoming more in control.

This could kick off and fallout could land in china and other countries
and the war could then expand due to their lands being contaminated
for 30 years due to alpha and beta particles and unable to grow crops.

The world economy - This one is by design, this is being done
on purpose to rob the ppl, and put forth a not so hidden agenda
that will be clearly visible in the common months.

The best advice I can give is get ready to grow your own food,
and if you don't own your own house or have family that owns
their own house 25% need to be ready to do some camping.

We are being setup for Depression #2.

There are ppl that knew about it, and here is the proof:

100's of trillions in derivatives set to collapse

Mainstream marketwatch predicts derivatives collapse in march

The corrupt companies have been hiding their bad debt on the
UNREGULATED and UNLISTED pink slips OTC market by turning
debts into derivatives and taking it off their books much like
Enron did during their scandal by dumping their bad debt into
700+ shell corps in the Cayman islands.

This is just the new shell game, and now it has lots of players,
and we all get to take a bite of this turd sandwich thru the
B.S. bailouts that are nothing but robbery.

Great idea, give the ppl the created the mess more money
on credit when the mess was created by them via credit, brilliant.

Get your survival kits ready and be ready to get out of the cities.

Store caches outside the cities at RZ points special forces style.

Best not to go it alone make a small group of ppl you trust with
your life and have a few RZ points points in case one is gone.

Things are going to get a bit dicey is my best bet at this point.

You can get more of the details over at Survival Blog.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I would say that in any world when the "biggest" news story of the day is Tom Cruise celebrating 25 years in movies or Britany's latest fiasco the answer would be yes, we are sliding into the stink hole!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Wow man! I totally had a George Carlin - Life Worth Losing moment there. Very well put.

I do have a question tho - just trivial I'm afraid. I few years ago Earthlink outsourced all their technical support (among other things I'm sure) to Bangladesh. The only reason I know this is that my Brother was working for Earthlink's Tech Support Department just before they moved. They did give him a sizable severance before they left, and it was just another brick in the wall of Corpratocracy creeping into our awareness at the time, but my question is this: Are any of your ISP's Earthlink? With the stuff goingz on in Bangladesh, I was just wondering if it could be a measurement of just how bad things are getting over there if someone with Earthlink access was able or not to get concise technical support. I know they used to be very good about the Tech Support. Again, in the scheme of this thread, very trivial...but honestly, what isn't?

EDIT AFTER INJA's post below:

First, I just read the two articles Ex posted. Very enlightening...even to me.

Second, to inja's post below: Personally I'm kinda partial to Jaques Fresco's vision of the future - even if it does sound like a pipe-dreamer's star trek episode. Who's Jaques Fresco - Look up Venus Project or Zeitgeist Addendum. His views are eerily mimicked by the video you posted.

By the way, I loved that video you posted. Kinda brought me back to the articles posted by Ex. 694,000 songs illegally downloaded in the time it took to watch that video. WoW! Can anyone say Black Market Derivatives?!?

[edit on 30-12-2008 by lagnar]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I tend to look at it differently. While it certainly appears that we are headed down the toilette and the damage that can be done today with our technology is down right inconceivable I figure what goes up must come down and what goes down eventually comes up again.

We live in a time where communication is so fast, like never before do we get to hear about the state of the world.

Anybody ever watch this video...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9Wu2kWwSY

Things are changing so fast I don't think that any one of us can keep up.
Power is shifting, I don't think the end result is really all that clear.

But let's say the big kaboom is going to happen. Huge loss of life. There will be no one to blame but ourselves.

But I think the future is a wide open book with plenty of pages that have not been written yet. We have never in our known history been where we are today. We can look at the past to learn but know where is there an example that resembles our present.....so really what might look like the flush of a toilette in essence could be a whole new beginning that we haven't even thought of yet.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Sorry if this was in the wrong thread was rather tipsy last nite however meant what I put down. The biggest difference with the Indians and the Pakistanis is that if war erupts between Israel and Iran, America might have its hands full and give Dehli the opportunity to strike Pakistan. I think this is going to be a very interesting few months to be alive

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

EDIT AFTER INJA's post below:

First, I just read the two articles Ex posted. Very enlightening...even to me.

Second, to inja's post below: Personally I'm kinda partial to Jaques Fresco's vision of the future - even if it does sound like a pipe-dreamer's star trek episode. Who's Jaques Fresco - Look up Venus Project or Zeitgeist Addendum. His views are eerily mimicked by the video you posted.

By the way, I loved that video you posted. Kinda brought me back to the articles posted by Ex. 694,000 songs illegally downloaded in the time it took to watch that video. WoW! Can anyone say Black Market Derivatives?!?

[edit on 30-12-2008 by lagnar]

I watched both Zeitgeist movies and agree with much that it talks about. I loved the Venus project idea. Futuristic or not, a pipe dream is ok in my book. They themselves state that the end result is not necessarily the same as they are hoping for but here we have someone who has chosen not to take the world as it is, and has looked outside of the box with a positive light. That is what the world needs more dreamers who can contribute to this world to make it better. I often wonder where our real intellectuals are. I don't know how often I have heard that there is a dumming down of the population but we should be honest that there has been a dumming down of our leaders as well.

We create the world and we can change the world. I wish more people would understand that concept. It starts with the smallest things.

Thanks for checking out the video, I loved that one too. I thought it rather mind boggling and enlightening.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
People who want a very solid and dark view of what is going on in the world right now should check out Webster Tarpley. Here is part one of a five part talk he gave on Alex Jones's radio show.

Tarpley thinks we are headed for World War Three. He has no faith in Obama, thinks that India will be used by the US against Pakistan and that Berzhezinski (Obama's foreign policy guru) wants to see the US deliver a knockout punch to the Russians and the Chinese.

His stuff is really worth listening to:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Read my signature
"We are going to hell in a hand bag carried on the shoulder of lady liberty riding an ass all the way down" Ant4AU

new topics

top topics

join