It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

israel haters / anti semites please listen up

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Israel needs to grow up and move on. We aren't living in WW2 times anymore. The holocaust is over. The end. EVERYONE including Japan, Persian, China, America, Native Americans, Africans,etc. moved on after they were suppressed and killed.

Israel should move on as well. It's crap is slowing everyone down.

End of story.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

First off, “wrong again” implies that you have already proven me wrong here once, and I have yet to see anything I have type so far disputed. Secondly, what you quoted never states that Palestine was ever a country; it was a Territory. That Territory, at various times, encompassed Israel, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon. The same area was considered a Territory by The Roman Empire, The Ottoman Empire, and Britain. For that matter why don’t the Palestinians declare war on Jordan, Syria, or Lebanon, as they also hold territory from old Palestine? Maybe because its not really about the Territory at all, but rather about getting the Temple Mount out of the hands of the Israelis.

You’re quoting a Zionist proposal, which has ZERO credence on the state of the world at large. Show me in that quote where Palestine is officially granted Sovereign status by any recognizable world entity?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

"Show me in that quote "

Strawman argument; The thing you demand is not in 'that' quote.

I have not provided ANY of the text of the Balfour Declaration, just some facts about it.

Nice try.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Exuberant1]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I've just wasted the last hour reading some of the trash that has been posted on this thread. While the original poster might have been 'biased' to some degree I have to agree with his overall approach and that of others that have spoken up in defence of Israel. Just to get the issue out in the open, I am a catholic, but that doesn't preclude me from feeling the frustration that those in Israel and those of the Jewish faith must feel.
Those that cling to an 'anti-sematic' mindset, whether you are a follower of the muslim faith or just a backwards inbred redneck need to realize that that mindset is as archaic as those that still believe that the earth is flat.
Every inch that Israel cedes to Palistine will be used to futher a missile battery or to create new tunnels. Saddly, Israel is a country that has been at war since its concept. I will continue to pray for all of those that have suffered because of this war but the blame should not lay on the shoulders of Israel. As insignificant as it might seem, Israel and all of those that reside there have my support.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

"Those that cling to an 'anti-sematic' mindset"

Such as yourself?

"Every inch that Israel cedes to Palistine will be used to futher a missile battery or to create new tunnels"

Racist.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citizen Aenima
Yes, I like Wikipedia too.

Hm…
I don’t see any quotes from Wikipedia in any of my posts, maybe I just type in a similar style. Or maybe its just that its commonly known history about what happened, that many folks my age are aware of since we lived through so many years of this endless bickering. As a matter of fact, I learned most of my information about what happened with Israel in a 1970’s set of World Book Encyclopedias that I grew up with.

That was probably a British Company though, so you are correct that it would also lack the Arabic slant on the topic, much like most encyclopedias do.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Palestine at the time was a territory which was 'limbo' and home to 98% Arabs at the time. But the name "Palestine" was a newer term at the time to describe the same 'peoples' who inhabited the land.

Different interests were fighting for the designation of this land mass. But most everybody at that time knew what 'Palestine' was.

And a home or final resting point of displaced European Jews, was not something anyone imagined at the time.

I don't really know what your point is with all this. It seems you are hinting toward the "Possession is 9/10's of the law" sort of deal. Like, "Hey, it was up for grabs".

That overlooks the fact that a land mass , overnight, turned from 5% inhabitants, to 50% ownership (of beach front property also I might add) for the "Jews".

All recognized and okie dokie with US (ours truly) and Russia from the get go.

This is sorta like what we did to the Native Americans. We can easily say that they did not have "Sovereign" land, according to our laws right?

So I guess it was up for grabs?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I'm sorry if the truth disturbs you so. Please feel free to dispute the facts if you can

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Ok, whatever you on about is obviously some Anti-Zionist conspiracy theory about how they are the New World Order, and planning on running the entire world from the confines of one mans basement.

I have no idea of what you’re talking about otherwise.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Ok, well your post had some "Wikipedia'ness" to it. But it doesn't matter.

The part you said about British books is insightful, but remember , the Zionist extremists ATTACKED them in the early days as well as Arabs.

Yes, the Jews had their "Terror groups" too. Not that you don't know, just making sure others do.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

"Anti-Zionist conspiracy theory about how they are the New World Order, and planning on running the entire world from the confines of one mans basement."

Please extrapolate on that statement.

What do you mean by it?

What is the point you are trying to convey by saying it?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I still don't see how mike's post is racist. He is merely stating his opinion that any land given to the Palestinians and Hamas will be used by militants. That is in the realm of possibility. I personally do not care that Israel was annexed in the 40's. The point is that they exist as a sovereign nation at this point and they have the right to defend their sovereign nation from attack. Civilian deaths and suffering are always wrong no matter what the cause. I disagree with Israel's siege of Gaza because it only hurts the civilian population, I also disagree with the blocking of aid for Gaza civilians, however I do not disagree with them going after the militants that fired rockets into Israel. Like someone stated before. How would you react if people were firing rockets into your backyard? You would be pretty pissed off and would want to make it stop. I feel for the Palestinian civilians who are suffering but as has been said "war is hell" there are always civilian casualties in war. It's sad but it happens. The only way any of this is going to stop is if the two sides can learn to get along. In my opinion I can only see two things happening because of this. Either the fighting will stop again or other countries will get involved causing WW3. This situation really isn't good from either side.

PS- Because I am against some of what Israel is doing I am not an anti-Semite so lay off.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

"Every inch that Israel cedes to Palistine will be used to futher a missile battery or to create new tunnels"

That should read "The more land Israel takes, the more Palestinians will be forced to dig tunnels for things they need like medicines, cigarettes, money, and yes guns, because after all, their whole family just got blown away, so they joined Hamas because they aren't allowed a military"

"Saddly, Israel is a country that has been at war since its concept."

You are correct...now research the "whys" and not the "whats".

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Citizen Aenima]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

"That is in the realm of possibility"

He sounded pretty certain when he made his racial remark, and didn't indicate that it was on just a possibility or that it was 'just his opinion':

"...will be used to futher a missile battery or to create new tunnels" "

'Will be used'...

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Exuberant1]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Citizen Aenima

Remember this. God does the choosing. We simply choose whether or not we are going to imitate God's character, which gets easier and easier as our old nature dies off.
We see ourselves as chosen, but we don't know who God might also call, so we are not arrogant about this. God can call even the worst heathen, and we would accept him as our brother.
If one of us says he loves God but hates his brother, then he is a liar and the Spirit of God is not in him.
We know the Spirit is in us when we stop hating and we have love for one another.
If you don't have a change of heart, then you did not answer God's call when the Spirit came to you.
So the call will come to you when your heart is undone and your eyes filled with tears and you can answer the call and be a chose one too.

Does this make you feel better about this chosen people issue?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Citizen Aenima

No, its that people keep saying that the Israelis “invaded” a Sovereign nation, so the Palestinians have some special right to have that land back. Obviously, you know your history pretty well, and you should know it was not that black and white. There were already riots and such going on there before the 1948 deadline, but there was no “invasion”. If anyone has a right to dispute on the grounds that their “Sovereign country” was “invaded”, it was the Jews being invaded by the Romans, because that was the last time it was a “Sovereign Country”. Whatever anyone says about how the “lines were pretty much all accepted” is horseshoes and hand grenades, as it might have been close, but it was not the same thing.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I said that it was in the realm of possibility. I really don't think that he was being racist with his post. If more land was given right now militants WOULD use it for their own means I really don't think he meant that all Palestinians would do such a thing. Militants on the other hand would.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hamas is controlling what gets to whom and what doesn't. Any treaty given to the Muslim extemists is naturally seen as a sign of weakness on the part of the Israelis. Unfourtunately, innocents get caught in the middle and are grossly paraded through the streets as an example of supposed oppression.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
While people defend Israel and the fear they suffer from rockets coming at them for years, which is very real and terrifying...has anyone read a newspaper or seen anything that has gone on in Israel TOWARDS Palestinians over the past few decades?

It's almost as if many people here just started finding out about 'bad treatment' of Palestinians, as if it's a new thing, and much smaller than the reality.

Folks, Israel has been a very very bad monkey for decades. The atrocities they have committed are HUGE when you look at all the historical data.

Them bombing civilians this latest round, is NOTHING compared to the news you don't see or haven't seen

Good God folks, read. Look up the UN archives for resolutions against them. Dig up old news clips.

You think 300 being bombed in Gaza this past week is "big news"???

Where have people been?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

"... more land was given right now militants WOULD use it..."

You can see the future too?

'Militant' is Newspeak.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join