It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East quartet calls for immediate cease-fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Middle East quartet calls for immediate cease-fire

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Israel’s envoy to the United States said Tuesday Gaza is on the front lines of a global fight against terror, comparing the Jewish state’s attacks against Hamas to American battles against the Taliban and al Qaeda.

“This is not a separate Israeli problem or a threat to Israel,” Ambassador Sallai Meridor told reporters in Washington on Tuesday. “This is very well-connected to a major threat that Western societies are facing today from terror, be it in Mumbai, or be it capitals in Europe, be it in Beersheba in Israel, be it, God forbid, in New York City.”

He said Israel’s airstrikes in Gaza have been in self-defense against “a terror aggression.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I really wish this would end too. Could a diplomatic effort really work in the ME? I HOPE SO.

It's things like this which is why there should be PEACE in the ME.

Hey to all of you in the ME, we've learned our lessons about war long ago, now it's time for you to learn yours. STOP FIGHTING. STOP BEING SO DARN AGGRESSIVE. Do you see us invade Mexico because we had a few boarder skirmishes? NO I THINK NOT.

Puhlease, grow up.

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join