It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Find the rings? - Solve it HERE!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Thrain is Tauboy! Tau symbol in his avvie. But we'll take amatine. The first ATS quartet- amantine, ED, me, and Thrain.

Now, I need industrial-grade painkillers.

DE

aahHH... Hadnt thought about that..

Im looking at it right now, trying to find difrrent kinds of ciphertexts.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
okay, teams in place, let's do it !

Good Luck Guys,

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
It is no simple substition cypher. This is because you can't find a find in English with the combination JJDFI. It also it is not a Vigenere or Beaufort cypher. Maybe a polyalphabetic cypher?

Vigenere or Beaufort cypher's are polyalphabetic cyphers?

A polyalphabetic cypher is almost impossible to solve without any other information. A normal substition cypher has 26! possibilities. A polyalphabetic cypher with with two keys has (26!)^2 possiblities. That's an enormous number.

The number code is probably not ASCII, Hex, alphabetic or mod-alphabetic. I think we need more hints to solve it.

We got a hint, and im counting on that we need it to decifer the text:
38973 23 00346 2134 087310 783247 728 81723 721873

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
okay, teams in place, let's do it !

Good Luck Guys,

There are alot of members , know way all the teams are made. lol

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
OUR team is in place. We got a head start. Team, let's head to U2U.

Mmm mmm, competition

DE

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Vigenere or Beaufort cypher's are polyalphabetic cyphers?
We got a hint, and im counting on that we need it to decifer the text:
38973 23 00346 2134 087310 783247 728 81723 721873

No, Vigenere and Beaufort are simple substitution cyphers. They use only one replacement scheme and require only one key. Polyalphabetic cyphers use two replacement schemes and require two keys.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I haven't been on ATS in a while, and don't really understand this whole Find the Rings thing. I just saw all the posts and am wondering if the Mods have given any hint? I've read through the posts and still don't get the whole thing... If someone could help me get started... please do!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
it's intriguing and all, but i think people are jumping the gun here....does it not say "the search begins 05, 2004"?????

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I saw all the number things... and like the 1+1+1+1=? thing... All I could come up with that was that they are adding 4 1's... and there are only 4 1's in that code thingy... But I'm sure that has absolutely nothing to do with this... But yeah... I do believe it doesn't start till May.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
maybe that's a date being put there to throw us off?

I see no harm in jumping in right away

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
well the original message does mention 4 strangers, 4 voices.... 1+1+1+1= what else the 4 strangers, 4 voices.??? who knows for sure, but that's my take on it.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't see how you can really jump in right now, If noones quite sure where to start or what we're trying to find...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
just noticed a new forum has been created called "The Hunt"....hmmmm more intrigue

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think everyone is jumping the gun somewhat. The "hunt" doesn't begin until next month, but staff are already aware of members looking at code e.t.c. so they've obviously decided to have a little fun and play with us.

Don't take the bait.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nada is one of them! Jump 'im!

DE

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hmmm just got back from a long day at college and saw the new thread. Very interesting stuff

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What a bunch of nutters. Good things come to those who WAIT.

Luke

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I think everyone is jumping the gun somewhat. The "hunt" doesn't begin until next month, but staff are already aware of members looking at code e.t.c. so they've obviously decided to have a little fun and play with us.

Don't take the bait.

Why open a forum a month in advance? All it says is that the search starts 5-2004. Maybe they are already releasing clues?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
Why open a forum a month in advance?

to keep us all intrigued, excited and wanting to know more. Speculation drives business in many fields including here
just my 2 cents and i could be totally wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i have put;

JJDFI UD IDUNFADSUN UDNF IDNMD EUDNA IDNFAD IUDD ID. UDNF DND IDFAD UENFQJD JNDFS. UJDNFS E UNDFS IUEW NDUFDAIU DUNFS UIDFN FND. JNDFS UJND UYRWR UDNPODS YUNFN JDNFAD UNDFPAIUDN IEIE DJSDH UDSFN NDUFND IUDNASDF NUDN. UNDFSD NUDF. UNDFNU DUNFSDN ND MNDMKD.

through various code breaking software, including the ones which were used during WWII. Gonna try PGP in a min

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join