It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Find the rings? - Solve it HERE!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
All shall Join The Hunt
Four Strangers Shall Unite
Four Voices shall Merge
Ignorance Is Denied

Deny ignorance. The motto of AboveTopSecret.com is simple yet inspires a complex range of emotion and aspiration. Are you simply one who follows along? Perhaps you enjoy participating in the effort. But maybe, just maybe you have the desire to push the battle cry forward, and be a captain of enlightenment.
The hunt is for you.

First clue - In the sourcetext of FindTheRings.com:
"JJDFI UD IDUNFADSUN UDNF IDNMD EUDNA IDNFAD IUDD ID. UDNF DND IDFAD UENFQJD JNDFS. UJDNFS E UNDFS IUEW NDUFDAIU DUNFS UIDFN FND. JNDFS UJND UYRWR UDNPODS YUNFN JDNFAD UNDFPAIUDN IEIE DJSDH UDSFN NDUFND IUDNASDF NUDN. UNDFSD NUDF. UNDFNU DUNFSDN ND MNDMKD."

Can someone decifer this?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Another possible clue can be seen in the alt text for the picture. Just leave the cursor on the image of the ring for a moment, and you'll see...
"38973 23 00346 2134 087310 783247 728 81723 721873"

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Another possible clue can be seen in the alt text for the picture. Just leave the cursor on the image of the ring for a moment, and you'll see...
"38973 23 00346 2134 087310 783247 728 81723 721873"

I noticed this too, I've been playing with the numbers but have nothing yet.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I found the code a few hours ago, but decided not to post it on request of a certain staff member, but I guess since you posted it anyway, I'll post my conclusions.

It is no simple substition cypher. This is because you can't find a find in English with the combination JJDFI. It also it is not a Vigenere or Beaufort cypher. Maybe a polyalphabetic cypher? A polyalphabetic cypher is almost impossible to solve without any other information. A normal substition cypher has 26! possibilities. A polyalphabetic cypher with with two keys has (26!)^2 possiblities. That's an enormous number.

The number code is probably not ASCII, Hex, alphabetic or mod-alphabetic. I think we need more hints to solve it.

The jpg's on the site are not stegged with secret text files either. I used jphide and stegdetect and both found nothing.

I think everyone should keep their solutions to themselves. It is much more fun to do it yourself or in small teams.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by amantine]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Riddle me this,why did you need to start yet another thread about this?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I like the small teams idea...

anyone wanna join up with me ?

Teams of 4 people ? how does that sound and would that be okay with the Mods if we did it this way ?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yeah, actually small teams sounds good. What about me, elevated, Tau boy, and someone else? forming teams actually might increase the competition factor.

DE

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Yeah, actually small teams sounds good. What about me, elevated, Tau boy, and someone else? forming teams actually might increase the competition factor.

DE

okay first team forming..

DeusEx, Tau boy, Elevatedone and.... come on someone speak up

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think you are actually supposed to make teams of four. The text does hint in that direction. I would to share my findings until now with someone.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow, a new hint on the 'find the rings'-page. This is like the fastest moving ARG ever:

1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = ?

The comment has changed as well to:

all

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by amantine]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
All i know is that the picture looks like its going to be a abovetopsecret ring when you win you get to have it in your avatar lol

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

DE

I'll join you if a may.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
i think nerdling has already beaten you to the first team hes had a head start long time ago

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

"JJDFI UD IDUNFADSUN UDNF IDNMD EUDNA IDNFAD IUDD ID. UDNF DND IDFAD UENFQJD JNDFS. UJDNFS E UNDFS IUEW NDUFDAIU DUNFS UIDFN FND. JNDFS UJND UYRWR UDNPODS YUNFN JDNFAD UNDFPAIUDN IEIE DJSDH UDSFN NDUFND IUDNASDF NUDN. UNDFSD NUDF. UNDFNU DUNFSDN ND MNDMKD."

where in the hell was that in the source text?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

where in the hell was that in the source text?

In the bottom, it has been replaced now.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

DE

I'll join you if a may.

okay by me....
Deus ?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
what word starts with two of the same letter? "JJDFI"

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

Only four words I could find, all not good in the rest of the text:

o�cyt
oozes
oomph
oonts

That's why I think it's a polyaphabetic cypher or another complicated cypher.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by amantine
It is no simple substition cypher. This is because you can't find a find in English with the combination JJDFI.

[Edit:]amantine beat me to it..

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Thrain is Tauboy! Tau symbol in his avvie. But we'll take amatine. The first ATS quartet- amantine, ED, me, and Thrain.

Now, I need industrial-grade painkillers.

DE

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join