It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gun Buyback' Organizers 'Irked By Lack of Support'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Articles like this make me sorry I missed the local gun show last weekend.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

CharlesMartel,

Interesting name or handle you are using. Not many people know the history of what happened at Tours in 732AD. Had me chuckling to myself. One does not often see that name.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
well considering i have a weatherby chambered for 300 weatherby and spent $1000 for it i doubt i would turn it in for $50. only thing this will do is give criminals and the gov't a break against honest citizens. now if i had a gun worth nothing-hell yeah i would turn it in for $50- won't be of any use to me anyway

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Maybe the Gov should just stop retail selling of Bullets.
That should keep the Constitution freaks happy, you can
buy a gun, you can own a gun, you just can't buy the Bullets.
I'm pretty sure it's not in the constution that somebody must
make or sell Bullets. Just simply make it Illegal to own and
store bullets.

Sounds like a loophole hitler would have liked as he took
away guns from the ppl right before he passed some pretty
draconian laws.

Check your history, it is real, Hitler took away guns from the citizens.

Your now in his camp amigo.

The reason ppl are buying guns and ammo like crazy is due to this
new law that is coming that will require all ammo to be serialized.

I can only imagine what that will do to cheap ammo like .22 LR.

They are also talking about an additional tax on ammo and guns.

Much like the new tax of $175 per cow and $90 per pig that is coming
as the lefties decide to bleed every last cent from the middle class.

Speaker of Ohio unorganized militia says revolution is likely in front of US senate

I think JJ johnson says it best.

This was mostly due to the Supreme Court voting on gun rights,
and tried to take them from the public, and it almost passed.

Replace a few justices and guns will be banned in the USA and
there will some very bad days here in the USA.

You keep picking away at the constitution, and Bill of Rights for what
you perceive to be right and taking the rights of others.

Well like he said, these things started a revolution that got this
country started and the ppl willing to talk about it are the calm ones.

The ones that are done talking are making other plans.

Some of them are ex-military special forces and are scarily prepared.

I do not associate with the militias but I understand their anger,
and it was a warning that was left by the founding fathers.

Personally I am just going to be out of sight and out of mind and
want nothing to do with what is coming, but I will have the clarity
of mind to tell you why it is coming.

I owe you that much.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

however, the new rules for ammo going into effect in June 2009 are not good; so stock up, people.

Has this actually passed anywhere?

The states with bills before them are listed here, some have passed
it and the ACD went into affect Jan 1, 2009 that is just the database
as far as I know.

The requirement for all firearm manufacturers to make the ammo
and guns goes into effect Jan 1, 2009.

Ammunition Accountability Act PDF format

Section 3. Prohibition on possession or sale of non-coded ammunition.
1. All handgun and assault weapon ammunition manufactured or sold in the state after
January 1, 2009, shall be coded by the manufacturer.
a. The calibers covered by the coding requirement shall include: [LIST
CALIBERS].
2. No later than January 1, 2011, all non-coded ammunition for the calibers listed in this
chapter, whether owned by private citizens or retail outlets, must be disposed.

Luckily it has not made its way to my state and I went and bought some,
but from what they say it has to all be turned in by 2011 even in
private possession.

I wonder how these guys will feel about it ?

Ohio unorganized militia says 2nd revolution in US is near

That will make you sit back and say, Hey I think he really means what
he is saying if he had the balls to sit in the senate and say it on CSPAN.

My favorite part is where one of the DC lemmings tries to bait him
into say something that will get him thrown in prison.

Got to love your political operators, serve and protect indeed.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

hmm i reload so is my ammo going to be illegal? i have thousands of rounds in all different cartridges- 30/06(my fave)- 308- 9mm- 45 acp (carry that baby everywhere)- even 6.5 jap- and my squirrel gun -22 mag and not to mention 12 gauge
i need to protect myself- period. as has been said all that happens when you take guns away from law abiding responsible citizens crime goes up because the criminals know you are unarmed so they have no fear. i live in poconos pa and we have lax gun laws. but the new yorkers who come here don't realize that and one little wap (looked like joe pesci and had the napolean complex) backed down when i put my hand in my coat. police showed up and guess who got arrested? not me- i'm legal.
it gets to a point where the gov't has to just let people be. i mean come on- leading cause of eye injuries are from bungee cords so should we outlaw them? leading cause of injuries in the home are from stairs. so should we make stairs illegal? how many people have been burned by their stove or oven- maybe we should outlaw them too. i'm not a fighter or violent person but if i really wanted to kill you i would just jab a apencil in your jugular vein so should we now outlaw pencils? etc etc

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

All good points and resoning, however, The snake in the woodpile is not safety but controll. Unlike some of our friends in Europe and Britain and the Aussies we have in our Constitution, rights they do not have. History proves the point that an unarmed populace is the easiest way to take complete control. The US having the largest citizen fireams owning populace is not an easy group to control. Many are unaware of their rights and because of media misinformation and the constant rewriting of history as well as outright lies being fed to our younger generation the prospect of our loss of the 2nd and the confiscation of our personal arms is a real threat. If those of us that understand the real threat keep trying to reach those that are under the impression that we no longer need our 2nd or that the Police and the government are there to protect us, and show them how wrong they are, we might hold off the total takeover of the best source of governance the world has seen, then we will become the one world, totally controlled populace of slaves the NWO and the globalists are working for!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

i totally agree with you! i put this in another post- there is a reason why it is the 2nd amendment!!!! if it wasn't that important it would be about 40 or so. so why did the forefathers make it the 2nd amendmant? must have been an important issue
no country would ever dare invade the us because of the citizens- we would suddenly have the largest army in the world and fighting for our country. remember history repeats itself- we have learned this many times. first thing hitler did(as was said) was take away guns. how do you defend yourself now? our gov't is slowly slowly taking away our rights so we don't notice it or we are to apathetic. as for ammo and bullets and reloading equipment yep great way to get your guns- make it so expensive noone can afford it- gun is useless without ammo
but i still have my pencil!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

2. No later than January 1, 2011, all non-coded ammunition for the calibers listed in this
chapter, whether owned by private citizens or retail outlets, must be disposed.

Oh, I'll give them my ammunition. If the legislative branch wants to take my rights, the executive branch wants to infringe on my rights, and the judicial branch wants to tell me I no longer have my rights.... The one thing they can be sure of is that I'll "turn in my ammunition."

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

yep and hopefully you would "turn in" your ammo the way i would hope lol
have to show them who is boss. might end up dead but hey we all need martyrs right?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

The reason you and Mat are discussing is the very reason for our 2nd. I can't tell you how many from other countries as well as many from within our country think thats a joke. They may find out very differently in the very, very, near future. Its THE number one reason the traitors in our Nations Capital work sohard to deny us our god given rights. They will fail!!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Good Lord, imagine this pool of resources from the innocently uninformed and the idiots? Think about it, it's a potential goldmine.

(this was a response to:
As a collector of guns, I think I'll get a small group together, we'll pool our money, and pull this same stunt.

We will have guns in no time, and for only $50 apiece. We'll get some junk of course, but you can believe that there are idiots who don't know what they have, and will turn loose of some good pieces.

[edit on 1/6/09 by scooterstrats]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'll return my ammo.
56 0r 165 grain at time.
Not a one line post: I forget the exact weights, but you get the idea..............

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

lmao- funny because matt is my name too lol- must be something withthe name and thinking the same i guess. anyway use the 165 grain boattail- i use nosler ballitic tips- nasty bullet loaded in 30/06 just ask some deer(oh wait you can't because i ate them). and i know EXACTLY how i will turn in my ammo- be on international news i gaurantee. or maybe i'll start collecting box cutters to terrorize the world! seems to have worked before
and to whomever it was- i love the idea of pooling money together to buy guns that are worth alot for cheap- that is a brilliant idea- go for it!!!! i might have to try it and see what happens. just show up at the buy back and offer $60- get a bidding war going!!!! gov't would surely love that!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
and not sure if this is on topic- mods remove it if you think so- but the constitution was set up for the STATES! not the fed gov't. pretty much anything the fed gov't does is illegal. the civil war was fought over states rights!!!! then the feds stepped in and told the states what they could and couldn't do. and because we have allowed it for so long everyone believes it to be right. i gaurantee if they try to take away my 2nd amendment right
not only will i be dead but lots of other people who tried to harm me- i will consider them terrorists

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
oops i meant set up for the people to protect against tyranny. but the feds are not supposed to run the states- states are supposed to be indivual entities

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join