It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Life Superheros don masks/Fight crime...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...://www.foxnews.com/

I haven't laughed this hard in quite sometime.

I think some people should lay off the sauce while watching HBO late at night at the umteenth rerun of Spidermn or Iron Man.

This is childish and irresponsible behavior. Plain and simple. The long and the sort is that someone is going to get hurt and these bozos will be either the first to be blamed or wil be the first to find out they are not bulletproof and who's going to pay their hospital bill?

Can you imagine an actual "superhero" walking up to you and saying your life is safe because of them?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good for them. At least they are trying to make a difference.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I sort of agree but I disagree too.

The people obviously have a good idea here, and his reasoning on using the costumes is actually sort of sound.

But in the event of an actual crime they're going to get their ass kicked.

I might go for it if some of them were actual police going the extra mile or had some sort of professional training, but vigilantes aren't fun for anyone.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sounds like a good way to get yourself shot if you ask me. Unless they have connections with Bruce Wayne's bullet proof tailor.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In a deep and raspy voice

"im not wearing hockey pads..."

is there a world super villain registry? I would soooo sign up for that....

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Neighborhood watch. Citizens have always looked out for eachother and crime. Fighting crime doesn't mean using kung fu against armed bank robbers, it can mean following a criminal from a crime scene, recording his licence plate number and reporting it.

The charity and persona idea is great and I think could really get people inspired.

I like this idea a lot. I'm thinking though, if if this gets more popular, street thugs and youths will accost anyone wearing costumes trying to test how tough and hero-like they are.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Guardian Angels were, for a while, deemed unwanted by the cops. Vigilantism is not always a good thing. One of these morons will get shot and that will put an end to this.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Not very different from Silvas bunch of red beret wearing cab drivers.

Criminals tend to stay out of well lit areas. I think a "superhero" in a yellow unitard counts as a well lit area. The more attention they draw the better.

If the criminals are too stupid to make the connection of if I break into this house I may be shot in the face maybe having a perpetual circus drawing attention to the neighborhood will keep the criminals at bay before they decide to put their lives at risk for a wallet or television set.

Personally, I'd prefer the heads of the thieves who have been killed for their craft put on pikes in the front yards of homes who wont put up with being victimized.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Not very different from Silvas bunch of red beret wearing cab drivers.

Criminals tend to stay out of well lit areas. I think a "superhero" in a yellow unitard counts as a well lit area. The more attention they draw the better.

If the criminals are too stupid to make the connection of if I break into this house I may be shot in the face maybe having a perpetual circus drawing attention to the neighborhood will keep the criminals at bay before they decide to put their lives at risk for a wallet or television set.

Personally, I'd prefer the heads of the thieves who have been killed for their craft put on pikes in the front yards of homes who wont put up with being victimized.

I've always looked fondly at public executions and the deterant they would be.

As far as the Guardian Angels... Are they even still out there?

There is not room in the real world for a vigilante.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

the guardian angels are still around
www.guardianangels.org...

I used to see Curtis all the time. His radio show was broadcast a couple of blocks from here.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wow! I thought the Hell Angels killed them all.
Just kidding.

Any person/group/orginization who takes the law into their own hands is wrong. I really don't know how else to say it. Then you factor in gren tights and.... Well... You get "a gay hood orniment and the color purple." (doing best Jay and Silent Bob impersonation)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
Just kidding.

Any person/group/orginization who takes the law into their own hands is wrong.

Really? But isn't the government a person/group/orginization?

[edit on 30-12-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Just kidding.

Yes... And one that takes the law into their own hands as well...

Police and Marshalls are sworn to uphold the laws. These bozos have no training, no oaths and nothing to give them the right to do this.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Son Of Liberty

not necessarily.

being trainedin MA, you could be great at disarming. non lethal tranqs could help knock people out, and being quicker than those who do crimes, the lazy, drug addicted, good guys can win.

Good for him. He has thecourage to do what i havent. i want more cash, so I can be batman-like too. But illl probly do it with lots of people.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

the police, by your logic, could be wrong then. That is people (government in US is by the people for the people, or in theory) taking the "law" (also palced by the people" into thieir hands for enforcement. And they do it for free. Beats payin a pig

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I find this all to interesting perhaps someone or myself will make a thread about it..

but back before television and even print we as humanity told stories about Gods and angels .. and people mimicked this, and then we worshiped and created "real gods" ... now we've moved our main attention from our religious stories and tales and have adopted some newer television ideology.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Just kidding.

Yes... And one that takes the law into their own hands as well...

Police and Marshalls are sworn to uphold the laws. These bozos have no training, no oaths and nothing to give them the right to do this.

You have no glue if these people have training or not. It's actually rather foolish to assume that those people don't have any training whatsoever.

I'm sure everyone has seen this video:

I stopped a convenient store hold up with my own weapon years ago. I certainly don't have any law enforcement training, yet I did take the law into my own hand that one time. Was I wrong?

Would these superheroes be wrong to carry concealed weapons?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
look i believe that when you get someone who tries to plead the law enforcement for help and they reply with red tape this and red tape that and got to file this form and this form and wrong doing that happened to you gets lost in the shuffle then the criminals know this and they rely on that fact and they rely that the criminal system is corrupt inside of it and that they will find a loop hole to get thru it,meanwhile your daughter is still dead,and your father or mother is still a victim of some crime,look,if someone dons a costume to conceal their identity and they use somthing to cover their dna etc etc from the crimelab investigators and are good about doing it then they should in my opinion go out and stop the criminals,and some have funding to do such a thing or have cash that they take from the drug dealers or the criminals they rob to fund their operation,but if you happen to have alot of cash theres a great number of things that has to be done to keep your superhero spending concealed as to not get attention from various monitoring companies of where that cash flow is going to,but if your a small time superhero use the cash you get off the bad guys to get new gear and to pay connections to help you with your crimefighting,and well most of all trust is an issue so dont make connections as your real identity allways do the networking in the outfit,dont tell a soul who your identity is or where you are just do what you do and make sure that you are good at covering your tracks.technology for the crimefighting police,cia,dea,atf,are all up to date,and so should you be do your homework,take out small time till you get better gear then move to the information highway and newspapers,it can be done just needs to make sure you get yourself armed with information and make one or two friends within the law enforcement and make sure they can be trusted i mean really be careful there but you can do it it is possible and train all the time all THE TIME,and make sure you got medical things to help you where you call your "base of operations" in the likely event of a serious injury,and it wouldnt be a bad idea to have a medical connection somewhere as well..just a few thoughts

new topics

top topics

join