It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question On Subscribed Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Is there any way to retrieve subscribed threads which have been deleted?

After how long are these threads deleted cos I wanna go through my old subscribed threads. Thanks

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I have not seen any way to un-delete subscribed threads. Your subscribed list will hold 50 threads with activity in the last 30 days. I believe (from experience) that if you delete out one, you don't get an older one automatically added (ie, if you have 50 listed and you delete one, you will have 49 listed).

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There are the fifty displayed threads on your MyATS page and then there the "Manage Subscriptions" feature in the MemCenter (located on the left hand side if you hit the "MemCenter" tab above.

The "Manage Subscriptions" feature allows you to see every thread that you have subscribed to, so if a subscribed thread is run off your MyATS page it doesn't mean that it has been deleted...

Just be careful! There is a way to accidentally delete all of your subscribed threads. I did so a few weeks back and will never remember all of the ones I had...starting from December 2004...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Fantastic! I was wondering how you could do that. I'm sorry you lost all your threads, but I'm looking forward to keeping mine!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

My problem is that the "Manage Subscriptions" page does not show all the subscribed threads, as far as I could see it only shows 800 threads, unordered.

If you delete one of the threads then another one will appear, so it looks like a page limitation.

It's a shame, because I know that I have posted in some old threads and there is no way of getting to those unless I delete several subscriptions or do a search.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
My problem is that the "Manage Subscriptions" page does not show all the subscribed threads, as far as I could see it only shows 800 threads, unordered.

They are ordered according to the 'last post'...not necessarily your last post...which I was bummed out on when I first discovered that.

If you delete one of the threads then another one will appear, so it looks like a page limitation.

I didn't know that. I suppose the only way then would be to go through the list and delete threads that you don't want to make visible earlier threads.

Interesting...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

To make it clear, I am not talking about the "Top 50 Subscriptions", I am talking about the list that appears when we click on "Manage Subscriptions".

If you look at that list, the order is not the same as the one from the "Top 50 Subscriptions", so it can not be ordered by the last post on the thread.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hitmen

There is a feature in the member center where you will be able to find even more of your subscribed threads than the 50 listed in myATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it goes up to 150 or 250 but I can't remember. I purposely unsubscribe from all subscribed threads on a weekly basis to help me avoid the temptation of continuing participation in never ending saga thread arguments.

But check it out. That feature goes back further.

Edit to add: Sorry, someone pointed out it goes up to 800. Groovy. It's a lot, whatever it is but I never have more than 25 subscribed threads at a time. lol

[edit on 1/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
If you look at that list, the order is not the same as the one from the "Top 50 Subscriptions", so it can not be ordered by the last post on the thread.

I didn't know that either....hhmmm...

top topics

join