It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this post has been edited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
decided to edit material due to chane

[edit on 30-12-2008 by hardeeboy]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The calendar will come to an end like all man made stuff. But the earth will continue its journey. There is also no predictions embedded in the calendar, thats just a myth.

2012 is just another "end of the world" hysteria. Nothing will happen!

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Waldy]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh man, not again! I suggest typing 2012 into the search box. You will probably spend weeks reading up on peoples thoughts. My thoughts, we'll be fine.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There are many theories about what people think will happen. Not all of them are negative.

The most likely thing is that nothing happens, but we'll see if it does or not. One common thing for all the prophecies is that there is absolutely nothing we can do to change the outcome, whatever it is.

We have to make it to 2012 first so lets hope the US doesnt drag the world into World War 3 in 2009.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Several things...

You assume that we will make it to 2012 and the end won't come before it...

But joking aside, nothing more will happen in 2012 than happened in 1999. Remember, the year 2000 was supposed to bring the end to the world.

Just think of this. Every prediction, EVERY SINGLE PREDICTION about the end of the world since the time such predictions were made until now have come to be all FALSE.

There were COUNTLESS predictions. NONE of them came true. This should make you realize that no one is capable of predicting anything of the sort because our end is not something we can figure out.

Will the end come at all? To the whole earth and life on it? I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

edited for changes

[edit on 30-12-2008 by hardeeboy]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Why does 2012 (and any other time) always have to bring the end of the world? Why can't it be a time of growing global consciousness, of unprecedented peace, of something positive?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I believe the earth will still be here to enjoy its life... for us on the other hand ...

I dont think we will live that long ..

I have no hope nor sympathy for humanity at this time = )

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have no idea i like reading the theories, but if something does happen i hope its that David Wilcocks theory, that sounds awesome lol!!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by daxman
I have no idea i like reading the theories, but if something does happen i hope its that David Wilcocks theory, that sounds awesome lol!!

Doesn't it though!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thanks for your post. Now I will actually take the time to state exactly what I believe will happen in 2012........Ahem..........
I think that the closer we get to the "zero point" as I like to call it, we will see the Earth changing in many ways.
The governments of the world will be taking the necessary steps to secure the NWO. And this will become increasingly obvious to the public. There will be some sort of event that will cause a huge division in public thought. Some will believe that the NWO is the only solution to keeping us secure and all that. And others will be ready for revolution.
People will start dying. From what exactly I'm not sure. It could be anything from poisoning and malnutrition to "terrorists" to civil war to "natural" disasters. But I do know that this will happen in a large scale in our world. This will be the catalyst that will unite humanity. Only after a global tragedy will the stubborn people of Earth see what is happening to them and see who is REALLY behind it. And then the prospect of " end of the world" will become all too real. And so begins the revolution.....

But not a revolution as humanity has ever seen before. A revolution of mind and spirit. Humanity will realize our own power and potential and we will unite as a world. And through noncompliance and peace we will begin a new world. Probably right around the predicted "doomsday" humanity will see a new golden age. An age of peace. Where every person on Earth is equal and all of mankind works together for the greater good. This is the future I see. But it starts with a revolution of the mind and all of humanity remembering who they are and living in love for their fellow man.

When I realized the potential for the human race I became extremely excited for 2012. I'm ready for a new age. Im ready for a revolution....BRING IT ON!!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The end of the world is coming, but not anytime soon. Eventually, the sun will run out of fuel and will bloat to a red giant, engulfing our planet and vaporizing it. We will be long gone before then. Life on Earth will also be long gone, as the Sun begins to heat up and burn brighter due to the fuel loss, the oceans will evaporate and all but the hardiest subterranean extremophiles will survive - and even then, not for long.

So yeah, the world might very well end on 2012. 480,000,002,012 AD. Give or take 500 million years.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hardeeboy

The end isn't coming, cuz those aliens wouldn't want to kill you all just yet. They still want to string along some more.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardeeboy
I agree, the only reason I asked is because I just went to the movies and we saw the trailer to 2012 and people in the audience were discussing it.
I am sure though the closer we get to it, the news media will be all over it. Fox News has already talked about it a couple of times.

I am actually very intrigued by the trailer and am looking forward to the movie. I hope it will be decent, and not an utter flop.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by INTHESKYWITHDAIMONDS
Thanks for your post. Now I will actually take the time to state exactly what I believe will happen in 2012........Ahem..........
I think that the closer we get to the "zero point" as I like to call it, we will see the Earth changing in many ways.
The governments of the world will be taking the necessary steps to secure the NWO. And this will become increasingly obvious to the public. There will be some sort of event that will cause a huge division in public thought. Some will believe that the NWO is the only solution to keeping us secure and all that. And others will be ready for revolution.
People will start dying. From what exactly I'm not sure. It could be anything from poisoning and malnutrition to "terrorists" to civil war to "natural" disasters. But I do know that this will happen in a large scale in our world. This will be the catalyst that will unite humanity. Only after a global tragedy will the stubborn people of Earth see what is happening to them and see who is REALLY behind it. And then the prospect of " end of the world" will become all too real. And so begins the revolution.....

But not a revolution as humanity has ever seen before. A revolution of mind and spirit. Humanity will realize our own power and potential and we will unite as a world. And through noncompliance and peace we will begin a new world. Probably right around the predicted "doomsday" humanity will see a new golden age. An age of peace. Where every person on Earth is equal and all of mankind works together for the greater good. This is the future I see. But it starts with a revolution of the mind and all of humanity remembering who they are and living in love for their fellow man.

When I realized the potential for the human race I became extremely excited for 2012. I'm ready for a new age. Im ready for a revolution....BRING IT ON!!

That is waaaay too little time. What you are describing needs a decade or several decades.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
I believe the earth will still be here to enjoy its life... for us on the other hand ...

I dont think we will live that long ..

I have no hope nor sympathy for humanity at this time = )

Here...here!!
I am in complete agreement with you here. Our species is a disgrace. An experiment gone horribly wrong.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

I disagree. I think it just takes the right set of circumstances. There are plenty of people ready for revolution now. If our governments F with us anymore there will be. And they will. Just watch. The next few years will be very interesting. I am waiting patiently to see how things unfold.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ooopsy...... Double post. Sorry.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by INTHESKYWITHDAIMONDS]

new topics

top topics

join