It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Text Rip-Off? Pricey Messages 'Cost Virtually Nothing' to Carriers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

How can you put a price on services? I don't sell a product.

My customers are large corporations.

And the majority of my contracts are won through a rigorous RFP process in which all aspects of my proposal is scrutinized with my competitors.

How is that gouging?

You just seem bitter to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Looks to me like you have run out of things to post in support of your argument, and are now running on hubris.

I am far from bitter. I'm happy for you and the success of your business. Sounds like you provide a valuable service and make a reasonable return for your efforts. Good for you.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
companies should be allowed to profit as the market allows... however, when a company is given control of a market and has, arguably, a monopoly, then they cannot be entrusted with defining the price.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't do cell-phones, so I don't have this problem but I know what I would do if I did. I would boycott the companies. What will all of you that have cell-phones do about it? Shouldn't the FCC be informed and complaints lodged there? How about the Corporation Commission in each of your states? Consumer hotlines? Sounds like fraud to me. How 'bout your local attorney General. You can't file individual suits but he can bring charges against them in the name of the general public. For fraud and misleading statements.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join