It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel presses on with Gaza attacks, rejects truce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Israel presses on with Gaza attacks, rejects truce

news.yahoo.com

GAZA (Reuters) – Israel rejected any truce with Hamas Islamists on Tuesday and said it was ready for "long weeks of action" on a fourth day of the fiercest air offensive in the Gaza Strip in decades.
As Israeli armored vehicles and troops were massed along the border for a possible invasion, Israeli warplanes pressed on with strikes, killing 12 Palestinians, including a pair of sisters, aged 10 and 12, in attacks on Hamas targets.
Medical officials put the total Palestinian death toll sin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Israeli Interior Minister Meir Sheetrit said "there is no room for a ceasefire" with Hamas before the threat of rocket fire has been removed. "The Israeli army must not stop the operation before breaking the will of the Palestinians, of Hamas, to continue to fire at Israel," he told Israel Radio.

Although this isnt anything new coming out of Isreal, it seems to me that the top quote shows that they arent just aiming for hamas he directly calls for breaking the will of the palatines prior to speaking about hamas..
This is really a sad state of affairs for all humanity...hopefully one day we will all learn to stop killing each other and just live.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Rejects truce with who though?
You cant make a truce with a terrorist organization.
Which is hamas.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

according to just 3.8% of the world - another 4.9% of the world say Israel is a terrorist state.

look at both sides please

why does Israel want to carry on in the face of the worlds media? They know that the rockets won`t stop when there planes are in the air - and if the tanks go in (again) then they will be blown up again in the numbers seen in 2006.

is it me or do neither side want this war to stop - keep an aura of hate and fear on BOTH sides.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Why should Israel make a truce with Hamas and give them time to regroup and rearm? The only thing that will happen is that Israel will have to go back in at a future date. Take out Hamas now and turn Gaza back over to Fatah. The group Hamas ran out of Gaza. That is the only way there will be any chance of peace between the two.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

They didn`t run them out of gaza - thats all Pallywood and no one got hurt - or lined up against a wall and machine guned

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hamas just needs to stop its attacks and start thinking about its people, and Israel needs to stop hitting civilian targets and focus more on the concentrated Hamas targets, and allow the civilians to get out of the way.

They are using US made precision strike weapons that are very capable of hitting the right targets. I think anyone can understand that with such hi tech weapons, all this innocent civilian "collateral damge" can be avoided.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Israeli Interior Minister Meir Sheetrit said "there is no room for a ceasefire" with Hamas before the threat of rocket fire has been removed. "The Israeli army must not stop the operation before breaking the will of the Palestinians, of Hamas, to continue to fire at Israel," he told Israel Radio.

Well I don't think he was talking about breaking the will of the Palestinians as much as making them fear shooting rockets at Israel. This is something that I find acceptable. This is something that I would expect my government to do if somebody was shooting rockets at my home. And if my government was allowing people to shoot rockets and another country which resulted in the bombing of my home then I would expect my government to stop letting people shoot rockets.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think this is quite possibly the most accurate assessment of the situation.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

Well I don't think he was talking about breaking the will of the Palestinians as much as making them fear shooting rockets at Israel.

I know this isn't to do with the topic you were talking about but I want to comment on this quote. The conflict has been going on for as long as I can remember and Israel has been using much the same strategy for that period of time. What has happened this week i have seen many, many times before. So the question is if in all those years this kind of retaliation from Israel has not made them fearful of firing rockets or broken their will what are the chances it will work this time?

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Jacob08]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Why should Israel make a truce with Hamas and give them time to regroup and rearm? .

That's all that a cease fire means to Hamas. It's not a truce or a time out to talk peace. It's just a war strategy for them to use that time to regroup and rearm. That's their M.O. That's their history.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

here here, but let's try to be objective and understand that's the strategy of both sides. There have been some unprovoked attacks from israel as a means of control. This will be the only diplomacy of both sides truce only means are you ready for the next round of fighting. Israel has never denied that a peace pack between arabs and jews is realistic, we can only give them credit for trying.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Israel has terrorized Palestinians since its inception, has stolen their land, bulldozed their houses, beaten, killed, raped, tortured and detained thousands of innocent people that are doing no more than standing up for the right to a life in a land that they have lived in for centuries. Try checking a few facts.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
We've made our opinions clear but only to action. Let us continue to see reality here in the pause. Israel still said even though they withdrew they were still clashing with Hamas Millitants. Hamas will start soon. It is now the political show. How many countries have tickets. What will hillary have to say. She's sure to insight more tension as non-islamic fashion tips are shared as far as shopping in the region is concern. This is a high time for Hamas. The worlds eye is upon them, a time to gain strength and support.
I am old and this is gone on longer than the half century historians want to mark. I am cynical so "Ready on the left! Ready on the right!" Round:"too many" "fight!!!"

top topics

join